Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2014, 05:52   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lipari 41
Nice Boat

Spent some time on the boat at the Annapolis show. It is a beautiful boat. I am still working the show and will try to put up some more info when I get back to St Thomas.

Jay
captainjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 00:16   #2
SVI

Boat: FP Salina 48 / owner / evolution
Re: Nice Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjay View Post
Spent some time on the boat at the Annapolis show. It is a beautiful boat. I am still working the show and will try to put up some more info when I get back to St Thomas.

Jay
Ask them about the real-life (equipped) weight of that?
Old 16-10-2014, 20:44   #3

Boat: 2015 Fountaine Pajot SABA 50

Helia 44 here..
From the pictures, the Saba 50 looks like the Helia on steroids, like it's big brother.. heh he...

I mean I have not seen one, except on the internet... One will be here in Australia for the Sanctuary Cove Boat Show in May? next year...

The Helia is HUGE for my needs. However, the Saba would allow me to Club race and (not win) but come in with the pack just do to the longer water line. That is if, I say IF, the rig is proportionally as much larger so say 75- feet off the water?? My Helia is about 65'...

Kind regards, love to hear more... Helia 44...
Helia 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 06:46   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helia 44 View Post
Helia 44 here..
From the pictures, the Saba 50 looks like the Helia on steroids, like it's big brother.. heh he...

Kind regards, love to hear more... Helia 44...
A lot of us used this exact same description at the show. Everything is bigger. It has great seating areas all over the boat and the owners cabin is very nice.

Yesterday I reviewed the survey the buyer had done in Annapolis and it came back very clean, minor items only that can be easily addressed. Most of them where related to a quick sail across the Atlantic and a tight time line to make the show. Atlantic Cruising Yachts did a good job in a short period of time pulling the boat together for the show.

Jay
Old 19-10-2014, 15:01   #5

Boat: 2015 Fountaine Pajot SABA 50

Thank you for that CaptainJay....

One critical question, is the rig any taller? I mean it would do me no good to keep think ingabout it if it was only the same rig as on the Helia... ????

There is a massive Sanya 57 just down from me, and rig does not appear to be any bigger than just the Helia. It would have no hope of doing much sailing to weather... I am told it is a few years old, but looks completely out of proportion short rigged..

Anyway, my Helia is about 20 Meters off the water to the mast head. I mean maybe just under, measured 20.6 M to top of antennae that could be 800-900 mm. CaptainJay, did you see any specs on the mast height?

For any other interested Cruisers, IMO the Helia 44 might be considered a little on the large size for two people, but IMO perfect luxury... for us. Mind you we do not even use the port 2 Queen Staterooms heads and showers unless my kids or guests come along..

Kind regards to all, Helia 44
Helia 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 03:29   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helia 44 View Post
Thank you for that CaptainJay....

One critical question, is the rig any taller? I mean it would do me no good to keep think ingabout it if it was only the same rig as on the Helia... ????

There is a massive Sanya 57 just down from me, and rig does not appear to be any bigger than just the Helia. It would have no hope of doing much sailing to weather... I am told it is a few years old, but looks completely out of proportion short rigged..

Anyway, my Helia is about 20 Meters off the water to the mast head. I mean maybe just under, measured 20.6 M to top of antennae that could be 800-900 mm. CaptainJay, did you see any specs on the mast height?

For any other interested Cruisers, IMO the Helia 44 might be considered a little on the large size for two people, but IMO perfect luxury... for us. Mind you we do not even use the port 2 Queen Staterooms heads and showers unless my kids or guests come along..

Kind regards to all, Helia 44
A quick search say 22.4 Meters. The boom is higher than the Heila as well. The boat will be here at our base in St Thomas in December, I will be able to provide more details then. The delivery crew made a "quick" passage according to them. Not sure how that translates into real world numbers. I will have a better idea once I get a chance to run it under sail.

Jay