Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-12-2011, 23:16   #1
cruiser

New Trampoline

Hi Lavezzi Owners,
My boat is a 2007 and the trampoline was starting to fail , I did try the local market but did not like what was on offer , further more to have one made was going to cost over $ 1,200.00 AUD by someone in Brisbane .
Admidetly , being french does help , but I did order 2 from the factory ( the second one was for a friend who also has a Lavezzi) , the landed cost was $ 600.00 , you need to be smart about delivery , I did not want to have to pay transport costs , so the parcel was loaded on a new Salina that was being shipped to OZ .
Voila , problem solved as we now have the " genuine" article .
Cheers
Le Doume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 20:14   #2

Boat: Lavezzi 40, Pourpre
Re: NEW TRAMPOLINE

Wow that's cheap, was that a discounted price because you are French Ha Ha!
Can you give me the details please, as mine is starting to go also.
I recieved a quote for various materials from USA but it was a lot more than $600.
Do you think 4 years is a good lifespan for a Trampoline?
Is the new one going to last any longer?
Dragon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 22:50   #3
cruiser

Re: New Trampoline

Hi DL ,

I will be happy to help , but we need to take this " offline" can you email me at lavezzi@iinet.net.au and I will provide you with all relevant details as well as locally made product as I have done a fair bit of research on this in the past. It would appear that 4 to 5 yeasr is the norm for a trampoline exposed to tropical sun .
Cheers
Le Doume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 18:47   #4

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40 / Hatteras 48

Multihull Nets and Trampolines for Catamarans and Trimarans, main page

Sunrise Yacht Products in Florida made a tramp for our Lavezzi in 2007 which is guaranteed for 6 years. As I recall, the cost was about US $1250. Delivered to Hong Kong.

The original FP tramp had failed after 3 years and the new one is still in great shape after 4 1/2 years. The Sunrise tramp is also far nicer in terms of comfort and quality than the original.
muskoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 19:00   #5

I made my tramps from offcuts of the netting used in salmon farms. The netting covers the top of the farms to keep the seals out.

Designed to handle 200kg fur seals jumping on it, and being exposed to the weather for years.

The farms are round, but the netting comes in squares, so there are big offcuts. Cost was minimal - postage from Tasmania cost more than the net did.

It's knotless, low stretch, around 20mm square holes. Comfy for walking or laying on.

You could try contacting some salmon famers..
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 23:56   #6

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36 (#111) - Vaya Con Dios

I will be getting Dyneema netting from Haveford. Previously available in Black, they have now just got white in. Supposedly has been treated for UV protection and Nil Stretch.
Price is $100 Au per Meter in 5 meter widths.

There is no way in hell I would replace my trampoline netting with the factory crap. Ours failed at 14 months up here in the tropics.

Haverford Netting Rope Tackle - All Nets and Netting
vayacondios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 14:36   #7
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Fountain Pajot, He'lia 44
Send a message via Skype™ to Gordon

Hi Vayacondios, We are also interested in getting a new tramp. and was wondering how you plan to edge the tramp to attach?
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 17:47   #8

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40 / Hatteras 48

[QUOTE=vayacondios;853833

There is no way in hell I would replace my trampoline netting with the factory crap. Ours failed at 14 months up here in the tropics.
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree. Ours had massive holes in it when we first looked at the boat. The brokers photos had been taken before the boat was 2 years old, and the holes were already there. The stuff the yard supplies is obviously not suitable for the tropics.
muskoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 19:10   #9

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36 (#111) - Vaya Con Dios

Hey Gordon, Im going to attach the Dyneema netting the same way the factory one is done. Looks like a line is woven along the edge, with some excess. Then a whipping secures it all, and then I will use the same blue lines to attach to grommets.

I think if I lay the netting out over the old one, I can achieve the same shape and size. That's the plan though. It certainly does not look like it takes any great knowledge. Probably just time and patience.
Rozzie
vayacondios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:12   #10
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Catamaran, FP 40 ft

Hi,
I had my trampoline replaced: first i wanted to support the local handcraft/fishers and so, as the told me they had like tons of experience in handmade trampoline netting, i had them let a a go at it.... Mistake... it looked awfull and total uneasy to walk on... So, then i got talking to a company that makes the trampolines used on HobbieCats... They tailor made me one (white) and along the four edges a solide nylon rod, and i used a 4mm (kevlar??) line to attach.. First i was a bit worried on how this trampoline would let water pass (heavy seas etc; which i usualy try to avoid... heavy weather that is.. but sometimes it happens) but it just worked great, no issues. Cost me aprox US 1000.
Best rgds
Pieter Kommerij
Pieter is offline   Reply With Quote