Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2009, 18:04   #61
DtM

Hi chris,

As you will see from the Mahe thread you can get a pretty good worldwide (and local) discussion going.

The trick is to keep the thread interesting and questioning. That way it stays on the front couple of pages. (again see the Mahe thread).

Good luck and I will certainly follow your progress. It is an interesting boat.

daniel
DtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:46   #62

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka
What will a sprayhood look like. ?
where i live its colder. its not the med, or carib.
careka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 14:25   #63

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka
Hull no 1 is sold, hull no 7 will be at the Paris show.
careka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 01:56   #64

Boat: Amel Maramu
just going through this old thread - I too am seriously looking at the Lipari 41 and would like to know if there any new thoughts / experiences with the boat Thanks in advance
allezaubon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 04:27   #65

Boat: Maverick 400 Catamaran
A friend of mine has just sailed one from La Rochelle to Cape Town. Sounds like they had a good trip. I had a look at the boat, my comments are as follows:
-Looks well made for a mass produced cat, but no fancy trim
-Not that big
-Counter tops are fibreglass which I think will not wear well
-No place to put a TV without it being in the way
-Round hatch on saloon roof gets ripped off by mainsheet rope running under boom.
- Small fuel tanks for cruising.

The owner was very happy with the way it sailed and it still looked great whe it got to CT which is more than can be said for the other french manufacturer. If you would like his email I can check with him and PM it to you if you wanted to contact him directly.
paulrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 06:03   #66

Thanks Paul, YES that would be great, I am going to Southampton this Sept an plan to look and test sail the Lipari, so any comments at this stage are valuable
Old 23-08-2010, 07:09   #67

I have left a message for him, what other boats are you/have you looked at?
Old 23-08-2010, 17:23   #68

Boat: FP Lipari 40' Catamaran
Send a message via Skype™ to Toys_with_time
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrack View Post
Would also love to be able to email him to get some info on what worked and what didnt. I am picking up my Lipari from La Rochelle next March and sailing it back to Oz (slowly).
Toys_with_time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 00:11   #69

Quote:
Hi Paul, thanks for your support, I am still looking at the Lagoon 380 S2 and the new L400 (although have heard mixed reports about her)

naturally a Privilege 441 / Maverick would be nice, however.............................

I am very open and keen to hear experiences from owners of other cruising Cats.
Old 24-08-2010, 00:14   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toys_with_time View Post
Would also love to be able to email him to get some info on what worked and what didnt. I am picking up my Lipari from La Rochelle next March and sailing it back to Oz (slowly).
Hi Toys with Time, I am also based in Asia, so am interested to hear about your routing back to Oz, cheers and all the best with your Lipari. When do you pick her up??
Old 24-08-2010, 04:46   #71

Boat: FP Lipari, 11.95 metres
Hi
We collected our Lipari in La Rochelle last month and are cruising in Brittainy at the moment with the long term plan to slowly return to Aus. The boat sails well and is a good size for the 2 of us. We put a tv above the step down to the masters cabin and it has not been in the way yet. The fibreglass counter tops are not the greatest but we have some non-slip mat on the counter and a cork mat for hot things, again seems to work for us. No issues with the salon hatch as yet, on our boat there is a saddle that keeps the mainsheet close to the boom. As for tank size, so far we have just over 40 hours on the engines and have used around half a tank (haven't filled up as yet but gauge is just over 1/2 full) this includes some hours at 2000+ rpm in some heavy weather. For cruising mainly under sail, I don't feel too limited by fuel. Water is not a problem, we have a 60ltr / hr watermaker. I love the hardtop over the cockpit and am currently looking at bimini options. One thing I feel could be improved is the location of the autopilot control and other instruments behind the wheel. I feel taht this limits access, especially when you need to adjust course quickly to avoid fish floats etc, I have narrowly avoided getting belted on the wrist by a spoke on a number of occaisions but have learnt to reach in from above. Anyway, good luck, La Rochelle is a great sailing centre, almost anything related to boats and sailing is available and the local area is great for a shakedown cruise.
Regards
Takamoana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 04:59   #72

It sounds like you are going to have a fantastic cruise. The boat I saw had the TV above the galley which meant that you could not watch TV whilst anybody was working in the galley. Yours sounds a better location. Keep us updated on your trip.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:23   #73

That will give you some sun protection, not much protection against wind or rain. Problem is there is a lot of height to fit a screen on, also no attachment point on the bimini for screens. If it is raining how do you stop it blowing down under the bimini.
Old 16-09-2010, 17:15   #74

Bimini

Quote:
That will give you some sun protection, not much protection against wind or rain. Problem is there is a lot of height to fit a screen on, also no attachment point on the bimini for screens. If it is raining how do you stop it blowing down under the bimini.
Don't think it is going to be possible to do fully enclosed bimini on Lipari but I will be happy to get sun shelter. If it is really foul weather and i am having to hand steer then want to be able to see the waves coming and any screen makes that harder. If its just raining then can use the autopilot remote control and sit inside or don wet weather gear, put a nappy round my neck and grin and bear it. Rain probably wont kill me but sun can.

Alternatively will stay and drink Margaritas at the anchorage until the weather forecaster promises me clear skies.

TwT
Old 18-09-2010, 17:11   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic cat View Post
Looking at the picture with the broken/chafed halyard, the distance between the top swivel and the chafing seems way too short IMO, it looks like about 150-200 mms and is probably the cause of this problem. Do you have a picture of the mast and rigging where the forestay is attached to the mast?

Alan
I have now heard of 3 Lipari's experiencing serious mainsail halyard chafe / breaking within 3 months of launching plus there is the delivery trip to Denmark quoted above when they lost their jib halyard. Seems to be to do with the angle out of the mast sheave / exit box when sailing off the wind. Has anyone else been experiencing this problem and do they have any solutions?

TwT

Tags
lipari