Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-08-2009, 06:41   #46
asb

Quote:
Originally Posted by careka View Post
Well, new is new, and used is used.
got mail from the lokal dealer, The Lipari is OK and lokation, Orust. ready for the show.
The lagoon 400 will be there to so we will check them out.
My wife(admiral), will tell me wicth one she likes.
New is new, but a good looked after 2-3 year old cat is also as good as new and 20-30% cheaper.

Well, good luck with your search. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts about the Lagoon 400 and FP Lipari. As I haven't seen the Lagoon 400 yet.
asb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 11:17   #47

Boat: Jaguar 22 mono called Arfur.
I've just had an invitation from karen@multihull.co.uk to view the new FP Lipari at the Southampton Boat Show 11th to 20th September 09.
Try www.Multihull.co.uk to view photo's.
Looks a lot like the Mahe. Has Eyebrow cabin roof that extends back over the cockpit as a hard bimini. Cockpit and cabin fairly well back. Long Hullside portholes gor and aft suggest the usual three cabins plus heads. Main is battened flat topped, 130?maybe Genoa on a front bulkhead mounted mast (yuk) with no staysail. Nice steps in rear of both hulls (which can be awkward at a pontoon).
I've got my Prout, just passing on info.
Old 24-08-2009, 02:43   #48

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka

Quote:
Originally Posted by asb View Post
New is new, but a good looked after 2-3 year old cat is also as good as new and 20-30% cheaper.

Well, good luck with your search. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts about the Lagoon 400 and FP Lipari. As I haven't seen the Lagoon 400 yet.
Lagonn 400 is like the other lagoons 420 440, winde hulls with a lot of space, it will sail slower than the FB 41. we did not like it. the same way we like FP 41.
The Lipari41 is very much the same as Lavezzi but colurs and layout storingspace lockers are better.
walking out on the back on your way to the front, rounding the corner on the back i did bang my head in the roof. and i am only 1,7 meter (high/small)
this has to be redisigned. walkway , so you dont hit your head in the corner of the roof.
the bath room in bb hull is also much nicer than in the lavezzi. its a better boat we think.
There was also the FP.36 and my wife liked this one to. a bit smaller, but still spacey, since we will be mostly 2 people onbord most of the time, she says this will be ok for here.
-------- they also had the new OVNI 445 monohull Aluboat, with liftingkeel. and she liked that to, so now we are back in the thinkingbox.
careka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:11   #49
D2D

Boat: Boatless for Now; former owner of a Robertson & Caine Leopard 47
Hello

Does anyone know if Fountaine-Pajot is actively trying to sort out all the issues mentioned above with the Lipari 41 #1:

- too short of a distance between the top swivel and the chafing (cause it seems for the broken foresail halyard)
- autopilot failure with jammed wheel and cables pulled out of the steering box
- weak pastic push/pull system which might need to by hydraulic (?)

We will check out the cat at the Annapolis US Boat Show (Oct 10-11).
Thanks.
D2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 13:03   #50

Well hull No 1 is on the factory i France, a littel shine up and then its for sale.
239.000 Euro with a lot of ekstras.

Price will be 280.000 Euro.

Come back and tell us what hull number they showed in US.
And tell us what you think.
Old 05-10-2009, 14:02   #51

Boat: no boat, but dreaming of ~ 40 foot cats
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2D View Post
Hello

Does anyone know if Fountaine-Pajot is actively trying to sort out all the issues mentioned above with the Lipari 41 #1:

- too short of a distance between the top swivel and the chafing (cause it seems for the broken foresail halyard)
- autopilot failure with jammed wheel and cables pulled out of the steering box
- weak pastic push/pull system which might need to by hydraulic (?)

We will check out the cat at the Annapolis US Boat Show (Oct 10-11).
Thanks.
I have not been contacted, kind of expected them to follow up with an "official" explanation, but nothing so far.

To be sure to be fair to FP, I want to stress that the jamming happened by itself, but the cables coming loose was me applying force to get attempt to unjam it (probably a panicky reaction, but hey I am only human). That I can apply enough force to make the state worse strikes me as bad design. I am definitely not an auto pilot designer, but I think one should design to withstand human error.

As a sidemark, I did not chase FP either -- in my head the explanation put forward by Nordic cat on this forum sounds very plausible, so I don't have a question to be answered anymore.

I am still sniffing around for which cat model I should go after. I have read nice things about the Leopards as well, so I would probably want to see one for myself before deciding.

Then next step would probably be either rentals for some years unless I can find like minded people for sharing a boat (as I describe here).

Btw. anyone using Boat swap - Exchange your boat and discover new waterways and boating areas It seems kind of "old-fashioned"/unmaintained. I put up my house in the Copenhagen area if anyone should be interested in that kind of arrangements...
berntsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 14:04   #52

Boat: no boat, but dreaming of ~ 40 foot cats
Quote:
Well hull No 1 is on the factory i France, a littel shine up and then its for sale.
239.000 Euro with a lot of ekstras.

Price will be 280.000 Euro.

Come back and tell us what hull number they showed in US.
And tell us what you think.
You sound informed, do you know what the shine up includes?

/\/
berntsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 14:18   #53

Well make it clean and try to get away markes and stuff. Polish. copy of the last lines in the mail i know you can read it.
------
Båten vi viste på Orust-messen er tilgjengelig til en meget hyggelig pris nå: se vedlagte prospekt. Dette tilbud ble presentert fra fabrikken i uken som gikk, og båten tas på land nå for full service og gjennomgang så den skal fremstå som ny. Her er det førstemann til mølla ...
------
Old 05-10-2009, 20:58   #54
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Fountain Pajot, He'lia 44
Send a message via Skype™ to Gordon
Having just visited the factory in France where we looked over the Lapari I noticed they have now manufactured and installed stainless travel limit stops for the control arms on the rudder. They are now installing these stops on the Orana, in which we were interested in seeing the new layout for the owner version and also the new timber and colour scheme the improved fittings and other inprovements made as the model has matured.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 00:55   #55

Thats good, they are improving the boat.
Old 11-10-2009, 00:16   #56

Boat: FP Lipari 40' Catamaran
Send a message via Skype™ to Toys_with_time
Lipari 41 test sail hull #2

Just had a test sail of hull No 2 in Perth prior to the boat show. First impressions of the boat:

A lot to like about the design, very comfortable, looks good. Definitely has a built to a budget feel in some areas - limited lighting, panels in owners bunk covering diesel tank etc but most niggles could be rectified by the owner and the actual build quality seems good. Seemed that more storage could be added in owners version but storage not bad overall. Centre of owners hull very wide. Adding freezer might be challenging and fridge will require methodical organisation as access to end baskets requires removing everything else. Got the impression that plumbing / wiring hadn’t been completely resolved but imagine that this will improve. Cabin flooring noticeably quieter than Orana, Lagoon etc.

Would need to think through instrument positioning at helm otherwise will be constantly reaching through helm to adjust. Deck very easy to move about although need to be mindful of corners of bimini when moving from stern to side decks. Good access to engines on all sides (I’m 6’).

As to the sail, we went out to sea off Fremantle in gusting winds 18 - 25 knots true, seas 1 - 1.5 m, no swell. 30 HP motors pushed hull easily at 7+ knots at 2,000 revs, steering easy with good visibility forrard but harder to see astern without ducking head under bimini. Main easy to raise but could do with additional small cars between the batten cars to assist with luff tension. Sailed comfortably under full main and jib on beam reach at 9 - 10 knots. Put in 1st reef to go to windward, full jib and did 7 - 8 knots at +/- 45 degrees. Fair degree of leeway but didn’t sail for long enough to determine and not sure how accurate instruments were as had only just gone in the water.

Reefing requires going to mast to fix luff as reefing line only pulls in leech (not complete single line reefing). 3rd reef point would reduce sail by approximately 75 - 80%.

Boat has an easy motion and bows seemed very buoyant but didn’t seem to hobby horse overly (boat was lightly laden). Minimal slap in the conditions and noise levels good when sailing. Moderate engine noise under power (sound insulation only down to +/- bunk level).

Overall a great move forward for FP. Should be a good, comfortable easy to sail boat and once they have a few hulls built should become even better.
Toys_with_time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 00:32   #57

it sounds like hull no 2 ,is like no 1.
Old 13-10-2009, 15:01   #58

Lipari 41 (soon to be) owners

Interested in contact with anyone with a Lipari on order so we can share ideas and discuss modifications (I have placed an order for 2010 delivery of a Maestro version)
Toys_with_time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 15:06   #59

What Hull no are you getting ?
Old 13-10-2009, 15:40   #60

Quote:
What Hull no are you getting ?