Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2018, 14:26   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Orana 44
Mattress Company Recommendations?

Hello all, we are in the hunt for a replacement mattress for our master cabin on our 2011 Orana. We've checked out a couple from HMC that seemed good but there are a lot of "custom" manufacturers to choose from, including one that markets Tempur-pedic mattresses.
Before we make the decision we'd like to hear from anyone that has "upgraded" from their factory mattress and how they like their new ones.

Thanks!

Pat
pstadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 14:42   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Mattress Company Recommendations?

These guys are supposedly the best
http://boatbeds.com
We had a tempurpedic mattress at home but did not go with one on the boat, reason is they are hot, and my belief that real Latex foam on a innerspring is best.
However they ain’t cheap, not cheap at all. We went there and had them do the measuring since it was costing so much, I didn’t want it to not fit and if it didn’t, I wanted to be able to say well you measured it, it should fit.
Well it fits perfect.

Truth is though, that our old factory mattress on a Froli, and with a Walmart memory foam topper was actually to me at least as comfortable.
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 14:56   #3

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2
Re: Mattress Company Recommendations?

What worked for me is to keep the original matress covers (with zippers), and just get a better foam mattress of similar thickness (2cm more worked out ok). Using the original foam as a template we cut the new mattress to size, and squeezed it into the original cover.

We bought the new mattress at Ikea as they had one in the right thickness that was comfortable for me. Also best bang for the buck.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men