Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2021, 18:07   #1

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Lack of organized storage, please show what you have done

Hi Lavezzi owners (and others of similar cats too eg Athena...)
please show your solutions for organized storage (all kinds from boxes to installed cupboards till converted spaces) on Lavezzis.
I just purchased a 2005 Lavezzi owners version. Overall there is lots of space but it lacks organized storage especially in the galley. Several Lavezzis review agree on this and mentions that owners and boat yards used a lot of unused spaces to create organized storage. I'd like to get inspired what can be done and also where exactly I can find these unused spaces.
Thank you
CaptainRivet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 03:05   #2

Re: Lack of organized storage, please show what you have done

Are you all still in stock config...cannot belief that?
Old 13-05-2021, 04:48   #3

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40 cataran

We put a large cupboard below the cutting board facing forward opposite the fridge in the companion way to the port hull. As there wouldn't be room for a door, the shelves have fiddles in front of them and for rough passages, and to shade the herbs and spices we store there, there is a snap on fabric cover.

Below the sink, I built racks for pots and pans. Above the stove are racks for dishes, bowls and mugs.

We do not have AC, so I put shelves behind the backrest around the setee and cut hatches to provide storage for larger pots and pans and Tupperware.

At the aft end of the setee bench by the nav station, I cut a hatch and installed shelves to provide easy access for every day use food items.

Under the rest of the setee, I made wooden crates to organize bulk food etc.

The space on the horizontal surface to port of the fridge is dedicated to the herb garden.

We live aboard full time and these few modifications have made the boat much more convenient.
sv Grateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 16:17   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv Grateful View Post
We put a large cupboard below the cutting board facing forward opposite the fridge in the companion way to the port hull. As there wouldn't be room for a door, the shelves have fiddles in front of them and for rough passages, and to shade the herbs and spices we store there, there is a snap on fabric cover.

Below the sink, I built racks for pots and pans. Above the stove are racks for dishes, bowls and mugs.

We do not have AC, so I put shelves behind the backrest around the setee and cut hatches to provide storage for larger pots and pans and Tupperware.

At the aft end of the setee bench by the nav station, I cut a hatch and installed shelves to provide easy access for every day use food items.

The space on the horizontal surface to port of the fridge is dedicated to the herb garden.

We live aboard full time and these few modifications have made the boat much more convenient.
I live full time aboard the Lavezzi too, coming from a 40ft mono pilothouse ketch.
Thank for the answer and descriptions.
These mods sound awesome. I don‘t have AC too, so storage behind setee is a good idea
Old 13-05-2021, 17:55   #5

Boat: Colegate 26

I have several Stanley parts bins. Two sizes, small and big. 25 bins and 10 bins. I probably have more on board than I need. I haven't identified a good place to put them, but under the master berth seems to work well for me. I'd like to make a rack they can all slot into so they're easy to grab one without having to move two or three out of the way and do the slide puzzle sort to get the one I need. There just isn't anywhere good to put that big of a piece of furniture.

We are on an Orana 44.

https://images.thdstatic.com/product...5r-64_1000.jpg
LoudMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2021, 01:57   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv Grateful View Post

Sounds like what I need to do too
Could you please post some pictures of these mods.
Thank you

Tags
lease, storage