Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2020, 11:09   #1

Isla 40

Anyone have any insight on the new Isla 40 (https://www.catamarans-fountaine-paj...ran-isla-40/)? It looks so similar to the Lucia 40 that it seems it would have been the Lucia 40 Evolution in past model nomenclature. Is there something more major I'm missing?
redneckrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 18:41   #2

Boat: FP Lucia 40
Re: Isla 40

Correct !

All same as Lucia, except the new saloon styling (less sharp corners), modern inverted bows look (cool) and a peak berth option to fit a midget skipper : )

From the specs I've seen, comparing with my "just sold" Lucia seams somehow that fuel and water tankage has been modified slightly.

That's all, really.

Big change is the price list... You can get terminal Covid by just reading it !

Would love to see a better designed drainage on the owners shower area, better openings hatches on saloon, any improvements on accommodation below, less electronic equipment and no Gas bottles being stored on the super wet chain locker area !

Would I buy this NOW that my Lucia is just gone and I'm boatless ?

Well, 51% in me says yes.

Problem Is that there is not much else to competing. You see, Lagoon and Leopard are not as bothered to update their 40's, everything else is either mega ugly, really big, expensive as F or amazingly slow.... like a brick.

On top of that, all other sizes from all brands had no decent floor-plans with large day heads instead of a bunch of tiny useless ones in each cabin.

H.
CapX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 15:15   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrob View Post
Anyone have any insight on the new Isla 40 (https://www.catamarans-fountaine-paj...ran-isla-40/)? It looks so similar to the Lucia 40 that it seems it would have been the Lucia 40 Evolution in past model nomenclature. Is there something more major I'm missing?
2 ft or so longer than Lucia to open up a space for two fore peak cabins which ithe Lucia didn't have. This is particularly important in charter.

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 16:38   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
2 ft or so longer than Lucia to open up a space for two fore peak cabins which ithe Lucia didn't have. This is particularly important in charter.

Cheers

Yeloya
Does anyone ever really sleep up there? I can't imagine how much that would suck!
redneckrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 19:14   #5

Boat: Lipari 41

Right you are, we bought a out of charter Lipari, same WLL by the way, threw out those mildewed mattresses from the fore peak and now have usable storage. Now I am rerouting the AC they had going up there .
R2boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 14:55   #6

Boat: Hanse 348

Am looking between the Lucia and SW 1260. I really like the SW for sailing performance, plus it has a self tacking jib. Galley down doesn't bother me as much, I could go either way as the SW has a fantastic cockpit/salon. However, cabins not as nice as Lucia.

Any news on pricing and delivery of the Isla?
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 04:02   #7

It seams FP reviewed their initial specs or I got them wrong, tankage will be exactly the same as Lucia and "base" price ex tax is already at 300K Euro level ( no packs, commissioning or even any mandatory stuff ).

Now there is also a revamp of the Leopard 40 as a 42, looks great except they messed the layout removing 3 cabins with 2 heads option,

So not really an owners version anymore from most manufactures. That will definitely leave the Isla 40 more appealing as from the BIG 3 brands only FP has their update maintaining the 3+2 layout.

Lagoon did not yet update their 40 while Leopard just drop the option altogether.
Old 04-08-2020, 19:57   #8

Boat: Dehler 36 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapX View Post
It seams FP reviewed their initial specs or I got them wrong, tankage will be exactly the same as Lucia and "base" price ex tax is already at 300K Euro level ( no packs, commissioning or even any mandatory stuff ).

Now there is also a revamp of the Leopard 40 as a 42, looks great except they messed the layout removing 3 cabins with 2 heads option,

So not really an owners version anymore from most manufactures. That will definitely leave the Isla 40 more appealing as from the BIG 3 brands only FP has their update maintaining the 3+2 layout.

Lagoon did not yet update their 40 while Leopard just drop the option altogether.
Seems like ready to cruise Isla 40 will be around 400K Euro (ex vat) which is also the range for a Nautitech Open 40
Doubleplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:54   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleplay View Post
Seems like ready to cruise Isla 40 will be around 400K Euro (ex vat) which is also the range for a Nautitech Open 40
Around that figure indeed.