Cruisers Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2020, 11:09   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 769
Isla 40

Anyone have any insight on the new Isla 40 (https://www.catamarans-fountaine-paj...ran-isla-40/)? It looks so similar to the Lucia 40 that it seems it would have been the Lucia 40 Evolution in past model nomenclature. Is there something more major I'm missing?
redneckrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 18:41   #2
Registered User
 
CapX's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UK
Boat: FP Lucia 40
Posts: 5
Re: Isla 40

Correct !

All same as Lucia, except the new saloon styling (less sharp corners), modern inverted bows look (cool) and a peak berth option to fit a midget skipper : )

From the specs I've seen, comparing with my "just sold" Lucia seams somehow that fuel and water tankage has been modified slightly.

That's all, really.

Big change is the price list... You can get terminal Covid by just reading it !

Would love to see a better designed drainage on the owners shower area, better openings hatches on saloon, any improvements on accommodation below, less electronic equipment and no Gas bottles being stored on the super wet chain locker area !

Would I buy this NOW that my Lucia is just gone and I'm boatless ?

Well, 51% in me says yes.

Problem Is that there is not much else to competing. You see, Lagoon and Leopard are not as bothered to update their 40's, everything else is either mega ugly, really big, expensive as F or amazingly slow.... like a brick.

On top of that, all other sizes from all brands had no decent floor-plans with large day heads instead of a bunch of tiny useless ones in each cabin.

H.
CapX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 15:15   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Marmaris
Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018
Posts: 1,283
Re: Isla 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrob View Post
Anyone have any insight on the new Isla 40 (https://www.catamarans-fountaine-paj...ran-isla-40/)? It looks so similar to the Lucia 40 that it seems it would have been the Lucia 40 Evolution in past model nomenclature. Is there something more major I'm missing?
2 ft or so longer than Lucia to open up a space for two fore peak cabins which ithe Lucia didn't have. This is particularly important in charter.

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 16:38   #4
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 769
Re: Isla 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
2 ft or so longer than Lucia to open up a space for two fore peak cabins which ithe Lucia didn't have. This is particularly important in charter.

Cheers

Yeloya
Does anyone ever really sleep up there? I can't imagine how much that would suck!
redneckrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 19:14   #5
Registered User
 
R2boat's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Maine to Bahamas
Boat: Lipari 41
Posts: 116
Images: 17
Re: Isla 40

Right you are, we bought a out of charter Lipari, same WLL by the way, threw out those mildewed mattresses from the fore peak and now have usable storage. Now I am rerouting the AC they had going up there .
R2boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 14:55   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New England
Boat: lagoon 380 s2
Posts: 758
Re: Isla 40

Am looking between the Lucia and SW 1260. I really like the SW for sailing performance, plus it has a self tacking jib. Galley down doesn't bother me as much, I could go either way as the SW has a fantastic cockpit/salon. However, cabins not as nice as Lucia.

Any news on pricing and delivery of the Isla?
jbinbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 04:02   #7
Registered User
 
CapX's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UK
Boat: FP Lucia 40
Posts: 5
Re: Isla 40

It seams FP reviewed their initial specs or I got them wrong, tankage will be exactly the same as Lucia and "base" price ex tax is already at 300K Euro level ( no packs, commissioning or even any mandatory stuff ).

Now there is also a revamp of the Leopard 40 as a 42, looks great except they messed the layout removing 3 cabins with 2 heads option,

So not really an owners version anymore from most manufactures. That will definitely leave the Isla 40 more appealing as from the BIG 3 brands only FP has their update maintaining the 3+2 layout.

Lagoon did not yet update their 40 while Leopard just drop the option altogether.
CapX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 19:57   #8
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NC
Boat: Dehler 36 (sold)
Posts: 70
Re: Isla 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapX View Post
It seams FP reviewed their initial specs or I got them wrong, tankage will be exactly the same as Lucia and "base" price ex tax is already at 300K Euro level ( no packs, commissioning or even any mandatory stuff ).

Now there is also a revamp of the Leopard 40 as a 42, looks great except they messed the layout removing 3 cabins with 2 heads option,

So not really an owners version anymore from most manufactures. That will definitely leave the Isla 40 more appealing as from the BIG 3 brands only FP has their update maintaining the 3+2 layout.

Lagoon did not yet update their 40 while Leopard just drop the option altogether.
Seems like ready to cruise Isla 40 will be around 400K Euro (ex vat) which is also the range for a Nautitech Open 40
Doubleplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:54   #9
Registered User
 
CapX's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UK
Boat: FP Lucia 40
Posts: 5
Re: Isla 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleplay View Post
Seems like ready to cruise Isla 40 will be around 400K Euro (ex vat) which is also the range for a Nautitech Open 40
Around that figure indeed.
CapX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crew Available: Caribbean: Isla de Mona and Isla Saona asamson Crew Archives 0 29-04-2013 01:38
Isla Mujeres, Mexico Crew List Requirement Sonny Sailor Logs & Cruising Plans 0 29-03-2008 05:52
Entering Mexico at Isla de Mujeres jess66 Atlantic & the Caribbean 3 05-03-2008 17:22
Crew Wanted: Key West to Isla Mujeres - Panama Canal Tom967 Crew Archives 0 05-04-2007 09:34
Isla Mujeres marinas Curtis Atlantic & the Caribbean 3 09-04-2005 04:07

Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:31.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.