Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2018, 07:59   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Greenland 34
Head Effluent Discharge Thru Hull

We have a 34 Greenland FP power cat. The forward head discharge thru hull is located about 3 inches above the water line. I noticed that the thru hull is located in the same place on the Highland FP model.

FP has plumbed the boat so that the head pumps to the holding tank. The holding tank can be pumped out from the deck fitting or drained by gravity via the thru hull.

This arrangement is fine if you are 3 miles or more offshore to discharge. However not fine in a marina! So I am re-plumbing my boat with an onboard treatment system (Purasan) and larger holding tank (going from a 14 gal to a 25 gal). I plan to use the holding tank in no discharge zones and use the Purasan everywhere else.

My question is- should I relocate the thru hull fitting to below the water line for the Purasan discharge?
Marcsailcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
head, hull, thru hull