Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-05-2009, 20:05   #16

Boat: working towards a Lightwave 38
Steve,
The Lavezzi I spent some time on had a top loading fridge/freezer that replaced the original. The top part of the freezer was used as the fridge using a divider to separate the two sections. Everything had it's it place with items stored in removable baskets. This worked quite well. The only issue I had was that I couldn't reach the stuff right at the bottom. (I'm 5'6") The owners who are in the 6' range had no problem. As a liveaboard I would leave the fridge and install a separate freezer. Not sure where it would fit best though.

The bimini offered good weather protection with clear zip up sections. Pictures speak louder than words so I have attached a photo.

Craig
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0172.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	359.6 KB
ID:	8113  
1960cjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 10:10   #17

Boat: Tayana 52 CC
Craig,
Thanks for the comments. Our tentative plan was to leave the fridge as is, but find a spot for a freezer. We were just wondering if someone else had already done this and if so where they put it.

As for the bimini, the one in your photo appears to be a custom bimini and doesn't look like the standard umbrella style usually seen on the Lavezzi. I have seen several other custom installs that did a much better job than the factory unit. That may be the ultimate answer to the problem. I really like a couple of the hard tops I've seen on a couple of Lavezzis, similar to the Orana. It would also be great to have a place for the traveler out of the cockpit.
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 12:23   #18

Boat: fp athena 38 ..10 10
you can build your own hard top....jt
Old 20-05-2009, 23:53   #19

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka
Now the new Lipari 41 is out, Lavezzi 40 only a few left to be sold.
the new has a hardtop.
careka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:07   #20

Re: FP Lavezzi - Help!

Hi We are new to the forum. Can anyone help. We brought our FP Lavezzi 2006 eighteen months ago. The survey found the steering was overly stiff so the rudders were dropped and new bearings fitted. We cruised for 4 months last summer and it was fine. This year we are a month into our summer cruise, and the steering is very stiff again. I have looked at the top bearing and under the water. No visible problems. Is it possible to retro fit a grease nipple or oil hole above the water line in the rudder tube, any ideas would be appreciated as I do not want the inconvenience or cost of a lift out in the Balearics.
Mee Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:00   #21

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee Too View Post
Hi We are new to the forum. Can anyone help. We brought our FP Lavezzi 2006 eighteen months ago. The survey found the steering was overly stiff so the rudders were dropped and new bearings fitted. We cruised for 4 months last summer and it was fine. This year we are a month into our summer cruise, and the steering is very stiff again. I have looked at the top bearing and under the water. No visible problems. Is it possible to retro fit a grease nipple or oil hole above the water line in the rudder tube, any ideas would be appreciated as I do not want the inconvenience or cost of a lift out in the Balearics.
I have retrofitted a grease nipple, but only when the rudder was out. The problem is that you have to drill and tap a hole, and you can't do it when the shaft is in without some damage to the shaft. You could do it by dropping the rudders almost all the way out while you are in the water.
donradcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 15:28   #22

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun

Grease a nylon/plastic bearing? Not sure that'll fix the problem.

I think further diagnosis is required. Something is bent and binding.
DotDun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:53   #23

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lavezzi

Hi Muskoga!

Few years back you mentioned a partition made in the anchor locker plus adding drawers to your Lavezzi. As I bought a Lavezzi myself this year, I can only concur with your findings. Would it be possible to send me some pics and/or drawings of the modifications you made?

Great boat fot the money! You hit it spot on.

Thanks,

Robert.
Boonzajer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Lavezzi