Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2016, 04:13   #31

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Bahia 46
Re: Finally pulled the trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbit View Post
Frankly, there are brokers, and there are brokers. When I have asked whether it was worth paying the airfare, or if it was a project boat, sometimes I got an honest response to "Save the airfare, it's a project".

Others burned my airfare and related accommodation expenses.
Ditto. The same happened to us. Twice.

To those springing to the defence of brokers, please let me know if you've discovered an area of sales that results in 100% conversion of enquiries and viewings into actual sales. I'm always open to new business opportunities
Bill4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 09:41   #32

There needs to be balance and good faith in the broker/customer relationship. My company sells expedition land based vehicles. I believe the sales cycle and expectations are pretty similar. When a new customer contacts us it usually breaks down like this.

#1 - Education. Educate the customer about the product, answer the questions, make suggestions, and make the "sales determination."

#2 - Sales Determination/Qualified Lead/Etc. Bottom line, does the customer have the ability to purchase what they are interested in and looking at. You would be amazed at the increase in individuals who have absolutely no issue with spending 15-20 hours on the education portion only to find out that they have absolutely no ability to purchase their dream. (I hate to play into the stereotypes but Millenials seem to really have this trait...)

This is the area that a good salesmen excels at. The salesman/brokers goal is to shorten or lengthen the amount of time they are willing to spend on the customer based upon this determination. It is always good to keep in mind that the "looky loo" today, may be the legitimate buyer in 5 years. Unfortunately, the broker needs to make the commission to live today.

#3 - Details, Additional Education, Closing the deal. If the deal has made it to this point, then the salesman/broker is well invested, and the buyer should be as well.

It is a legitimate beef of the brokers when people spend a huge amount of their time looking at a Helia 44, only to find out they probably cannot afford a hobie cat.

My wife and I currently fall into the education phase on our journey. We are not expecting the brokers to do our education. Boat shows, research, etc. are all where we are spending our time. In interactions with salespeople we let them know our time horizon and that we are educating ourselves. Those conversations usually last in the 10 minute range and if the salesman is spending more time they understand that they are dealing with potential future business, but that is their choice.

I was speaking with a private seller of a large sailing vessel at a mooring. He was advertising on craigslist and had spent quite sometime ferrying "looky loos" out to his vessel for viewing. He had spent a huge amount of time with unqualified individuals who ranged from the guy wanting to build his own boat and use this one for ideas, to the guy who wanted to trade a piece of property.....all of these conversations were had once they were actually on the vessel (a 3 hour affair). He was getting ready to turn it over to a broker!

Just food for thought.
Elimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 15:55   #33

Boat: 2022 Leopard 45

Can anyone please confirm the height of the standard and ICW mast options for the Helia?

Thank you!
SVHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 17:58   #34

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagelski View Post
Can anyone please confirm the height of the standard and ICW mast options for the Helia?

Thank you!
Helia 44
Standard mast 67 feet
.......ICW mast 63 feet

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1982962
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 18:39   #35

Boat: 2022 Leopard 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotemar View Post
Helia 44
Standard mast 67 feet
.......ICW mast 63 feet

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1982962
Thank you for the quick and courteous reply!
SVHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:06   #36
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Yagelski.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 17:21   #37

Any of you guys have any tricks on hooking up the squaretop sail
jmac9365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 17:58   #38

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac9365 View Post
Any of you guys have any tricks on hooking up the squaretop sail