Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-02-2023, 11:22   #1

Boat: FP Lucia FP40
Factory Reset Chart Plotter and lost autopilot function, won't engage or calibrate

So I perhaps overreacted as I was trying to load new maps onto my chart plotter that was still linked to the previous owners garmin account. The online wisdom said to factory reset the chart plotter and it will resolve it. Well it didn't and the previous owner woke up and got me his login which is all great BUT! then the autopilot stopped working it. It would engage but would not activate the actual autopilot steering. Ok so I figure it might need to be calibrated, I went to rudder setting and tried to calibrate the rudder sensor which failed.

So now I am down to no autopilot and no idea what is going on. It was sailed for a long time (trans atlantic) on autopilot with no issue, there don't seem to be any loose connections and the system isn't complaining about any autpilot faults.

Any ideas or experiences?

Also if any one has a Lucia with Garmin systems could you tell me what your settings are under settings -> my vessel -> steering system -> drive class

Thank you
TwoIsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2023, 18:43   #2

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: Factory Reset Chart Plotter and lost autopilot function, won't engage or calibrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoIsBetter View Post
So I perhaps overreacted as I was trying to load new maps onto my chart plotter that was still linked to the previous owners garmin account. The online wisdom said to factory reset the chart plotter and it will resolve it. Well it didn't and the previous owner woke up and got me his login which is all great BUT! then the autopilot stopped working it. It would engage but would not activate the actual autopilot steering. Ok so I figure it might need to be calibrated, I went to rudder setting and tried to calibrate the rudder sensor which failed.

So now I am down to no autopilot and no idea what is going on. It was sailed for a long time (trans atlantic) on autopilot with no issue, there don't seem to be any loose connections and the system isn't complaining about any autpilot faults.

Any ideas or experiences?

Also if any one has a Lucia with Garmin systems could you tell me what your settings are under settings -> my vessel -> steering system -> drive class

Thank you
Have a look in settings and then nmea network-> sources
After a reset the chartplotter is not recognizing all the instruments and sensors connected and you have to select one that the network uses.
I have Raymarine and not Garmin but the same problem and that solved it.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2023, 06:31   #3

Boat: FP Lucia FP40
Re: Factory Reset Chart Plotter and lost autopilot function, won't engage or calibrat

For any future person who finds this. I finally tracked the issue down and it was a degraded crimp on one of the wire going to the autopilot mechanical arm.
TwoIsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopilot, cal, fun, lost