Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-11-2006, 04:11   #31

Boat: Alura 30
The first boat is on it's way to Ft Lauderdale.Should be there in a few days.some nice pictures on the FP site.JC.
jean1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2006, 18:52   #32
elf

Boat: Catalina 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean1146
I don't have much news right now but I think they had a screw up at the plant and our boat may not get here as plan in December.....I will talk to my rep Saturday.JC.
Any updates on your delivery date? My DH and I are quite interested in the Mahe 36 so will be interested to hear all about yours when you do take delivery!

Elf
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2006, 20:17   #33

Boat: Mahe 36 -OPTIONS-
Hi to all of you.
Last week a Mahe 36 arrived in Fort Lauderdale. I saw the boat and it looks amazing. The only thing that I did not like is that the bimini does not not cover the whole cockpitt. They are thinking of different ways to install the bimini. I will keep you updated with any changes.
Mark
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2006, 04:16   #34

I do not like the bimini either.we will have to do something else.My boat is suppose to be on schedule....what does it means I am not so sure...end of this month hopefully.you can be sure that I will let you know when it gets here.I think that those Catamarans buiders are overwelhmed with orders and they are trying to deal with it.I think that Lagoon is going through the same thing .JC.
Old 21-12-2006, 19:08   #35

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36
Jean, Scott,
You can add my name to the list of FL people who have a Mahe on the way. Mine is supposed to arrive in the next couple of weeks. I have to agree with you regarding the bimini - I'll wait until I see it in person to form my final opinion, but right now it sure doesn't look worth the $$$...
dksailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2006, 06:21   #36

Our boat I thought was suppose to get here late December,now it is not and I don't have a date yet,I am kind upset about it.I will keep you informed on what's going on.JC.
Old 22-12-2006, 06:29   #37

For me, the delay isn't bothering me too much. I plan on moving to NC as soon as the house is sold, but given the market right now it's very slow. That said, I have 90 days to get the boat out of FL or I have to pay sales tax - quite a large number compared to the $1500 max. sales tax in NC.

BTW - if you know anyone who wants to buy a house in Lake Worth...

Dave
Old 22-12-2006, 08:27   #38

Boat: Mahe, 36' "Oceanview"
DKsailing, Mark
I'm suprised that I wasn't told by Willmar that the boat was in. I've been asking them to let me know. Can't wait to see it.
DK, how long of a wait did you have from the original delivery date? I've been told that mine starts in January, I hope that date is still good.
What options are you having done here?
Scott730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2006, 09:11   #39

Mark,

The boat isn't actually here yet. It's *supposed* to be here in the next couple of weeks. Part of it was my fault - FP would not release the boat until it was paid in full, and the boat loan took much longer than planned. (Actually I was hoping the house would be sold and I wouldn't need a boat loan). Due to the delay Willmar said I 'missed the boat' in Nov. (no pun intended) and the next ship was to leave Great Britain around the 3rd week of Dec.

I ordered the boat in Nov. 2005. Mid-2006 I was told delivery was to be Feb. 2007. Then I got a call in Nov. saying it's ready to go - hence the hurry to get a boat loan.

The options included:
dinghy davits, lazy bag, hard bimini top, antifouling, cabin blinds, 110v main system, stereo, safety equip, salon curtains, salon table convertable to berth, electric heads, 110v water heater, hot and cold deck shower, 12v fans, and the electronics pack.

One thing I never thought of during the whole purchase process was all the added costs of getting the boat here - commissioning, delivery, custom duties, taxes, blah, blah. Sure adds up in a hurry. I guess the good part is the price has gone up around $30k since I bought it.

Dave
Old 22-12-2006, 10:31   #40

Mark.
I ordered my boat in late november 2005 just like you.I was told that it would be here in November 2006.....well I haven't heard anything yet.keep us informed when you get your boat and how things are going.Thanks.
Old 27-12-2006, 07:26   #41

Boat: Mahe 36
I've got a Mahe on order but have to wait until Nov 2007 for delivery

I'm actually gonna pick her up in La Rochelle and bring her across the pond with my brother... my first offshore passage, I must be mad!

The only thing that worries me about the design is ventilation in the bows. It looks like the only way to get fresh air in is through the escape hatches which is a little troubling, I'm just afraid the head will be a sauna in warmer climes.

I also wonder why they didn't raise the escape hatches further above the waterline, looks like there's plenty of room and I seem to remember reading an FP was lost in the Caribbean when an escape hatch mysteriously opened while underway.

Still she looks great and I’m looking forward to finally seeing one in the flesh at the Miami boat show.
Kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2006, 23:41   #42
DtM

just booked flights to see the Mahe 36 at the Auckland Boat Show at the start of March.

Is the NZ owner a reader here?

daniel
DtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 01:47   #43

Boat: Privilege 435 Now Sold
Jean... Just been aboard a Mahe at the London Boat Show. I was really surprised how spaciouss it felt for a 36ft cat. Most impressed. Only negative which I think has been mentioned earlier in the thread is the Bimini. Absolutely useless.

https://sailingjeannius.blogspot.com
Jeannius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 04:27   #44

Jeannius it is good to hear your comments.I don't understand why they came up with such a useless bimini.We will have to come up with a better idea......
Old 20-01-2007, 09:48   #45
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Searunner 40 Trimaran, Siruis 22 mono, 16 foot MFG daysailor
I just saw a picture of a Mahe 36 and the first thing that came to mind was Star Wars. It looks like a stormtrooper helmut. I would guess that this boat should have special appeal to George Lucus fans. May the Force be with you!
Steve Rust is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahe 36