Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2014, 06:30   #31

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37
Re: Buying a Lipari 41

Here are some new FP purchase numbers for 2014 USD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FP 2014 prices.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	73985  
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 11:58   #32

Boat: Leopard 40

It looks like we're going to be buying a Lipari 41 (used) next year. Is anyone here living aboard one, or do you know anyone who is?
Tom and Maje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 14:16   #33

Boat: Fountaine Lipari 41 Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Maje View Post
It looks like we're going to be buying a Lipari 41 (used) next year. Is anyone here living aboard one, or do you know anyone who is?
My wife and I live about our Lipari in Brisbane Australia

https://www.facebook.com/SvTwoflower
Dod42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 14:26   #34

Thanks for answering. Do you find it gives you enough room? Have you added a washing machine?
Old 16-04-2014, 14:32   #35

Yes we added a washing machine in the Port shower, photo posted in the Lipari forum on Heads. Absolutely love it. Added a few things to help, like hinges and gas lifts on the under bed storage as we have our freezer installed under the forward port berth. PM me and I can give you my wife's email if your wife has specific girly questions.

Old 17-04-2014, 11:25   #36

Re: Lipari 41 in Florida?

CAYO Charters in St Thomas has a three cabin available for charter.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:33   #37

Boat: 2023 Catalina 425 #95 (previously, 2016 Leopard 44 catamaran and 1997 Catalina 34 Mk II)

Hi, Everyone

We're still in the process of evaluating a Lipari vs. Leopard 39 (the Leopard, at $319,000 base, includes a number of items that the Lipari, at ~$350,000 base charges extra -- e.g., 2 holding tanks, 4 automatic bilge pump switches, galvanic isolators, windlass with remote, and salon hatches). We plan to sail both during an upcoming vacationor before the boat show">Miami Boat Show -- where we expect to sign a contract -- so that should help; but, still, the Lipari costs significantly more and we're trying to determine why -- other than, perhaps a less-favorable exchange rate against the Euro vs. the Rand).

One pricey item is the cost of delivery, and we're trying to evaluate the benefits of each. Has anyone opted to have their new Lipari shipped, rather than sailed? It seems that there's ~$10,000 difference for Florida, so is there an advantage (quicker build, ability to get her more "bare-bones" and select options post-delivery -- having a better selection at a potentially lower price)?

Has anyone been able to get Yanmars, rather than Volvos? Has anyone opted to have air conditioning and generator installed post-delivery and was it a good decision? What options did you get from the factory that you'd now get done post-delivery or vice-versa?

Thanks for any help; this will be a one-time endeavor, so no second chance to get it right (retirement will have its limitations)... :-)

If you'd prefer to communicate directly, please write to me at jonarck@kelarc.com; everything said will be held in confidence, including your factory or dealer experience (e.g., did you get any special consideration, did you opt for a non-local dealer -- and, if so, would you do it again, etc.)?

Cheers,
Jon
jonarck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:20   #38

We looked at the Lipari in St. Thomas and it's a sweet boat. Unfortunately, it's out of our price range.

Maje
Old 01-06-2014, 14:15   #39

Out Lipari was delivered to Australia. It was sailed by a delivery crew from La Rochelle to Southhampton in the UK and there the mast is taken down and she was loaded on a car carrier. It then came to Australia via Galveston and Panama. Not sure how they ship for the US boats. So when she got here she had 60 hours on engines. We didn't have to insure or pay the final instalment until the handover post commissioning.

Old 01-06-2014, 15:52   #40

Boat: Freedom Express 39 cat ketch

Jon, do a search here and see if you can find CaptJay and send him a PM. He and I both work at CYOA. He has added, modified, altered gen and A/C on most of the FP cats in our fleet. Some equipment was factory installed, some dealer installed and some done here from scratch. I could provide information but he is the guy that is actually in there elbow deep making it happen! If you can't find him doing a search send me a pm and I'll ask him to contact you.
Rubikoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 16:15   #41

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonarck View Post
Hi, Everyone

We're still in the process of evaluating a Lipari vs. Leopard 39 (the Leopard, at $319,000 base, includes a number of items that the Lipari, at ~$350,000 base charges extra -- e.g., 2 holding tanks, 4 automatic bilge pump switches, galvanic isolators, windlass with remote, and salon hatches). We plan to sail both during an upcoming vacationor before the Miami Boat Show -- where we expect to sign a contract -- so that should help; but, still, the Lipari costs significantly more and we're trying to determine why -- other than, perhaps a less-favorable exchange rate against the Euro vs. the Rand).

One pricey item is the cost of delivery, and we're trying to evaluate the benefits of each. Has anyone opted to have their new Lipari shipped, rather than sailed? It seems that there's ~$10,000 difference for Florida, so is there an advantage (quicker build, ability to get her more "bare-bones" and select options post-delivery -- having a better selection at a potentially lower price)?

Has anyone been able to get Yanmars, rather than Volvos? Has anyone opted to have air conditioning and generator installed post-delivery and was it a good decision? What options did you get from the factory that you'd now get done post-delivery or vice-versa?

Thanks for any help; this will be a one-time endeavor, so no second chance to get it right (retirement will have its limitations)... :-)

If you'd prefer to communicate directly, please write to me at jonarck@kelarc.com; everything said will be held in confidence, including your factory or dealer experience (e.g., did you get any special consideration, did you opt for a non-local dealer -- and, if so, would you do it again, etc.)?

Cheers,
Jon
Jon, congratulations on your decision to purchase a cat.

Perhaps you could discuss your decision to move from your current vessel on this thread.

Do Multihullers Ever go Back? - Page 54 - Cruisers & Sailing Forums

Cheers
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 19:53   #42

Boat: FP Lipari 40' Catamaran
Send a message via Skype™ to Toys_with_time

Quote:
Hi, Everyone

We're still in the process of evaluating a Lipari vs. Leopard 39 (the Leopard, at $319,000 base, includes a number of items that the Lipari, at ~$350,000 base charges extra -- e.g., 2 holding tanks, 4 automatic bilge pump switches, galvanic isolators, windlass with remote, and salon hatches). We plan to sail both during an upcoming vacationor before the Miami Boat Show -- where we expect to sign a contract -- so that should help; but, still, the Lipari costs significantly more and we're trying to determine why -- other than, perhaps a less-favorable exchange rate against the Euro vs. the Rand).

Cheers,
Jon
Jon

I priced the Yanmars but the difference was just not worth the price - FP bulk buy Volvos. I took the 30 HP option and have been very happy with them with over 700 hours on each already.
re the options I went through everything on the FP list and made my decision based on whether it was easy to add later ie could access the area without ripping boat apart or if it was custom made. eg holding tanks bought them from FP as they are a custom fit. If it didn't fall into those 2 categories then I looked at the after market price vs FP price. You have the advantage Stateside that your buying prices for chandlery items are way below anything in Europe. When FP wire the boat the cable loom includes wires for all of the standard options so you can add any electrical item relatively easily without having to run cable.

Can email you what options I ended up buying from FP if it helps. BTW I evaluated Lagoon vs Leopard vs Lipari & have been totally happy with my decision to buy a Lipari. Can send you my catamaran assessment spreadsheet to help with your deliberation if you want.

Cheers

TwT
Old 01-06-2014, 20:56   #43

Boat: 2023 Catalina 425 #95 (previously, 2016 Leopard 44 catamaran and 1997 Catalina 34 Mk II)

Hi, TwT

Thanks for your reply, and yes, we'd appreciate your list of options (including those that you had done locally -- and why) and assessment.

One unique option that we want is a hard-top helm bimini with see-through panel (like the Leopard's). Has anyone else done this?

BTW, if anyone out there will be at Annapolis, let's schedule a get-together; it's always nice to meet kindred spirits who are so willing to help a new member of the "family."

As to why we're moving to a catamaran: Admiral's orders (she wants her comfort if we're going to be in the Bahamas or Keys for several weeks). I had a clear choice: daysails with a monohull or cruises with a cat: with safety, comfort, and performance -- in that order.

Cheers,
Jon
jonarck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 00:45   #44

Boat: FP Lipari 40' Catamaran
Send a message via Skype™ to Toys_with_time

Quote:
Hi, TwT

One unique option that we want is a hard-top helm bimini with see-through panel (like the Leopard's). Has anyone else done this?

As to why we're moving to a catamaran: Admiral's orders (she wants her comfort if we're going to be in the Bahamas or Keys for several weeks). I had a clear choice: daysails with a monohull or cruises with a cat: with safety, comfort, and performance -- in that order.

Cheers,
Jon
Not sure why the hard top helm bimini. Best soft bimini I've seen was put on a Lipari by the Turkish FP agent - think I've photo somewhere if you are interested.

I received same orders from my Admiral

TwT
Old 03-06-2014, 01:05   #45

I have posted photos of our bimini, screens and boom tent on

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...al-106348.html

Tags
buying, florida, lipari