Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-06-2022, 17:45   #1

Boat: Fountain Pajot, Belize 43, 43
Belize 43 repower

Can anyone tell me what the SD 60 sail drive is geared at and is it the short or long version for a Belize 43. Also wondering what stock fixed propeller pitch and diameter is. Hoping to re power my two different engines starboard is original 3gm30 port 3ym30. Any suggestions on a feathering propeller? Lastly has anyone successfully put say the Beta marine engines into a Belize?
Thanks
Brit Horn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 19:18   #2

Boat: Belize 43
Re: Belize 43 repower

Can't comment on ratios, but our Belize has Volvo d1-30s with saildrives and feathering Kiwi props - which we fitted a couple of years back and I can recommend highly.
Andy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:17   #3

Boat: Fountain Pajot, Belize 43, 43

Thanks for the info, I am now considering just re powering the old original 3GM30 with a new 3YM30AE. Much simpler. I also have Kiwi feathering props and like them except the full pitch reverse not adjustable. My old engine would often stall when put in gear at low rpm with all the load. Also I didn’t properly service /lube them for over 1 1/2 years and I think they became loose enough that the pitch was affected. Anyway thanks. Our boats sail much better than they motor!
Brit Horn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 17:42   #4

Boat: Belize 43

When we repowered about 4 years ago we considered going to Yanmar, and also thought of increasing HP. Changing models required new engine beds and increasing HP meant that water pump impeller would be very close to bulkhead and difficult to access. We stayed with Volvos to keep it simple and treated ourselves to the Kiwiprops when the process came out well under budget!

Only issue ever with Kiwiprops is similar to yours; after a year without grease it seemed that they would sometimes stick at very high pitch when engaging reverse. Our motors wouldn't stall, but overloaded motors wouldn't rev either and there was very little drive in reverse. Ten minutes in the water with a grease gun and all is good.
Andy55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Belize, belize 43, repower