Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-03-2019, 19:58   #421
MAE

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42
Re: Astrea 42: Owners?

VP & the Fox Hi

Did you mean Multihulls show on the Gold Coast last weekend? Some-one gave you fake news! Even in Australia I think the vendor signs the Contract....I am the vendor!
Many thanks to members of the Forum who have contacted me, hope you have received the Specs, please confirm if you are happy for me to pass on your details to Multihulls....but be quick. VP is right a lot of interest.
Some great photos VP thanks and I refer to a previous posting re: Air Compressor . Notice in the Port Engine Bay a shelf at the rear.....no need for fans, plenty of room better location than the forward lockers.
My final swan song for theAstrea, is Sydney show in April and Sanctuary Cove in May...hope to see you there
MAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 20:23   #422

Boat: FP Elba 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAE View Post
VP & the Fox Hi

Did you mean Multihulls show on the Gold Coast last weekend? Some-one gave you fake news! Even in Australia I think the vendor signs the Contract....I am the vendor!
Many thanks to members of the Forum who have contacted me, hope you have received the Specs, please confirm if you are happy for me to pass on your details to Multihulls....but be quick. VP is right a lot of interest.
Some great photos VP thanks and I refer to a previous posting re: Air Compressor . Notice in the Port Engine Bay a shelf at the rear.....no need for fans, plenty of room better location than the forward lockers.
My final swan song for theAstrea, is Sydney show in April and Sanctuary Cove in May...hope to see you there

Hello MAE, I think I saw your FP42 at the Sydney Boat Show, that craft is stunning it would be a wonderful buy for some lucky person, it is perfectly set up, you must have spent a fortune on all those extra's just about everything including a water maker! Good luck with the sale I am sure it won't hang around long.
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 18:59   #423

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAE View Post
VP & the Fox Hi

Hi MAE

Yes, Greg from MHS said that an English couple had purchased the boat and signed the contract on the day. Sorry about that! I had a long chat with them and they seemed extremely interested, very genuine, and asked a lot of specific questions.

I'll be down at Sanctuary Cove on Thursday the 23rd in the morning so I might see you again then.

(By the way, "VP" stands for "Viking Princess". I'm the Fox and our Astrea will be "The Cunning Plan". Bhahahahaha!)
VP and the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 13:00   #424

Hi Folks,

Since this is the owners forum, does anyone want to share their experiences, recommendations, or "words of wisdom" in dealing with any of the U.S. Fountaine Pajot dealers?
CSMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 08:33   #425

I see that FP announce the price list twice a year in Euro.
I would like to know when that price applies to. FP just announced 2019 Jan price. Do they apply this price starting from 2019 production boat? Or go by the order dates? Since Astrea oder still have two year waiting list, kind of confusing.
dooleedooroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 09:01   #426

Boat: Jeanneau 349, FP 47, Sense 50, J 42ds

In my case with the Saona the price is fixed when I ordered it. As I made a number of changes with the passage of time the new prices were the published price at that time. Interestingly, of the dozen or so changes I made approximately one year after ordering most were actually slight decreases. I assume the 42 has a facebook group. I strongly recommend you join it if you are not on it already.
Zzmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 10:59   #427

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooleedooroo View Post
I see that FP announce the price list twice a year in Euro.

I would like to know when that price applies to. FP just announced 2019 Jan price. Do they apply this price starting from 2019 production boat? Or go by the order dates? Since Astrea oder still have two year waiting list, kind of confusing.

The price applies immediately when they announce it. So if you bought a boat today (probably a late 2020 or 2021 build) it would be at the last announced pricing (Jan 19). To lock the price you make a 20% deposit.
Spear06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 11:46   #428

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Astréa 42.

I am back from La Rochelle, and for those following the production of the Astréa, I can show a picture of the #29 in the water. And #32 just arrived this Tuesday at noon at the FP quay for commissioning.
Norman, who is enjoying his Astréa already, told me that he saw #35 in the production hall.
Happy to see we are coming closer to our own #55.

Sorry for the reversed images. Don't see how I can change them now...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5796.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	436.0 KB
ID:	190825   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5794.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	428.9 KB
ID:	190826  

Luc bulterys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2019, 13:57   #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear06 View Post
The price applies immediately when they announce it. So if you bought a boat today (probably a late 2020 or 2021 build) it would be at the last announced pricing (Jan 19). To lock the price you make a 20% deposit.
Is this dealer rule? Or FP actually takes 20% deposit for price lock.
Old 27-04-2019, 14:47   #430

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc bulterys View Post
I am back from La Rochelle, and for those following the production of the Astréa, I can show a picture of the #29 in the water. And #32 just arrived this Tuesday at noon at the FP quay for commissioning.
Norman, who is enjoying his Astréa already, told me that he saw #35 in the production hall.
Happy to see we are coming closer to our own #55. [emoji2]

Sorry for the reversed images. Don't see how I can change them now...
Let me fix that for you :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tapatalk_1556401484120.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	190877   Click image for larger version

Name:	tapatalk_1556401477516.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	190878  

Old 27-04-2019, 15:22   #431

For my Saona I put 10% down and fixed the price. I will be putting another 10% down in a few weeks as that is 5 months prior to scheduled ex factory. It was negotiated with the dealer. I argued that due to the extremely long delivery time it was unreasonable to put 20% down to fix the price.
Old 27-04-2019, 16:23   #432
BKC

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Astrea 42

Just to add, I also put down 10% deposit with the balance due about 6 weeks prior to ex-factory.
Old 27-04-2019, 16:45   #433

Darn. I thought I was clever and you beat me!
Old 27-04-2019, 19:21   #434
BKC

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Astrea 42

Haha. No worries. I might have paid the added 10% around same time as you. I can't actually remember, thankfully! Only memory is paying 10% early on, then another 10% closer to delivery, with final balance c. 3 weeks before ex factory.
Old 29-04-2019, 05:31   #435

Sounds like deposit amount and schedules varies with different broker. Is that mean the one who hold deposit is broker? not FP? And what do you do to make sure that the deposit is secure?