Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2018, 18:58   #1

Boat: Fountain Pajot SABA 50' (on order)
Are Sabas being discontinued

Hi All
SABA 50
Does anyone have information on whether the Saba is being discontinued. We have heard conflicting views. Some say, no further orders are being taken by FP. ACY say in a recent newsletter that ACY are now taking orders for the NEW 51 (as well as deposits), however when challenged, said its only their opinion that there is a NEW 51 arriving soon, but add that the Saba is being discontinued. So all a bit confusing especially as we have ordered a Saba 50 for 2019 and would rather buy a NEW 51 than a new SABA, if the SABA has run its course. All input would be welcomed
Ikigai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 19:25   #2

Boat: 2015 Fountaine Pajot SABA 50
Re: Are Sabas being discontinued

Hello Ikigai,

I would call or Email Multihull Solutions, they have a Frenchman on Staff from F.P. because they are the biggest sellers of F.P. in the Southern Hemisphere.. They should be able to answer you. For me, the only Saba 50 in Australia, was the only choice as time is a real issue for us. A year to get one built, shipped to Australia, and Commissioned.. Was just not in the cards for us..

Anyway, Email to the Mooloolaba Office in Australia, I have gotten blitzed on Whiskey on the back of my Helia with Patrick, and I think he is the "Inside Man"..

Now two more things: WELCOME TO THE FORUM, POST NUMBER ONE!!

Secondly, maybe you are an experienced and accomplished Sailor, then fine. But if not well experienced with Cats you need to know this: Even the Saba is A BIG BOAT !! I mean getting into a dock in a cross current or wind, anchoring is big, sails are big, this is a BIG BOAT if you have any ideas of Single Handling like me. I have forty years experience, and am in sheltered waters along the 200 islands of the coast of Queensland up into the Great Barrier Reef, so I have easy sailing compared to many...

Also, you would really need to understand the design. I had a Helia 44 for several years, and this Saba 50 sails and handles, and motors, almost the same. If they were coming out with a new model, that is a really big gamble. I mean you would almost want to Charter one for a few weeks somewhere to see for yourself OK?

Kind regards, Saba 50 "SERENITY"
Helia 44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Saba