Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2012, 07:46   #1

Boat: Norsea, center cockpit/aft cabin, 27'0"
zyGrib Qt now, help needed...

Trying to find a means for participating in the official zyGrib forum in English to find answers is beyond me. Version zyGrib 3.9.2 worked flawlessly on my Xoom tablet. However current zyGrib version 6.1.0 has been re-written in Qt. The main buttons and icons, menu items in sub menus do not appear. Feedback when launched from a terminal is thus:

Error: BadDrawable (Invalid Pixmap or Window Parameter) 9 Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea) Resource id 0x0

I suspect Window Parameter is the problem because the main menu bar overlaps the bar below partially obscuring the only icon that displays - the quit icon. The buttons do not display but randomly pressing along the second bar opens various blank windows...

I found this post: gui - Make a Qt window autofit to the screen's size - Stack Overflow -window-autofit-to-the-screens-size

Copying and pasting here does not work with my tablet, so please refer to the address above for a possible solution.

Specifically, I need to know which file in the zyGrib source tree sets window size an how to affect the change?

I am quite confident dependencies - qt, qwt and others have been met.

Thanks,
armido
armido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 08:22   #2

Re: zyGrib Qt now, help needed...

Supplemental info:

I have tried running zyGrib-6.1.0 in a chroot environment with Debian Wheezy XFCE, and LXDE. Identical result.

This problem appears on laptops as well with dissimilar solutions.

armido
Old 28-12-2012, 04:02   #3

Boat: Phantom 19

armido...
You can ask in English on the zygrib forum, Dom and Jacques speak EN pretty well ( Just don't forget to start the post with a salutation ). zyGrib has always be based on Qt, so that's not the cause of the problem. I can't see this problem on my setup and don't have the source handy at the moment to have a look at it, but it will probably be something reasonably trivial to fix.

Pavel
nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 09:35   #4

Pavel,

Thanks for your post. I was using my tablet when last on the zyGrib site trying to find a way to sign into the forum. Like Cruisers Forum, the site probably needs Java to work - which the tablet lacks. I'm using my laptop today so I'll take another look.

I just succeeded in getting zyGrib to work on my laptop - also lacking the icons until I installed using zyGrib-6.0.2 source and Fedora qwt-6.0.1-1, devel and info-debug packages. I'll see if I can find Debian equivalents and give it another go on the Xoom.

armido
Old 31-12-2012, 05:56   #5

This issue was resolved by starting from scratch. Part of the problem may have been the fact I was using debian wheezy rather than stable. Replaced wheezy with stable, followed instructions at zyGrib site to a T - and succeeded. One additional note. The file one creates per instructions at the zyGrib site may not work with a chroot environment because the startup process is atypical. It may be necessary to copy libqwt.so.6 from /usr/local/qwt-6.0.2/lib to /usr/lib. Alternatively, create a soft link.

armido