Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-06-2019, 17:55   #61

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: WSL - Ubuntu - Install Travis CLI

Okay, I'll just do that command. Linux is slow. I have to log in all the time. Then it times out when I am reading and I have to get it too open (don't know how to make it do that), Then I have to log in again.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 18:13   #62

apt-get install curl and perl
Attached Files
File Type: doc Install curl and perl.doc (10.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 26-06-2019, 18:25   #63

Quote:
rgleason@rgleason-VirtualBox:~$ command curl -sSL https://rvm.io/mapis.asc | gpg --import -
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0
rgleason@rgleason-VirtualBox:~$ command curl -sSL https://rvm.io/mapis.asc | gpg --import -
rgleason@rgleason-VirtualBox:~$

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread....3#post12908653
Old 26-06-2019, 18:45   #64

The next one doesn't work either.

Quote:
rgleason@rgleason-VirtualBox:~$ command curl -sSL https://rvm.io//rvm.io/pkuczynski.asc | gpg --import -
rgleason@rgleason-VirtualBox:~$ command curl -sSL https://rvm.io//rvm.io/pkuczynski.asc | gpg --import -
Old 26-06-2019, 19:48   #65

Quote:
rgleason@rgleason-VirtualBox:~$ command curl -sSL https://rvm.io/mpapis.asc | gpg --import -
gpg: key 3804BB82D39DC0E3: 47 signatures not checked due to missing keys
gpg: key 3804BB82D39DC0E3: public key "Michal Papis (RVM signing) <mpapis@gmail.com>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: imported: 1
gpg: no ultimately trusted keys found
rgleason@rgleason-VirtualBox:~$ command curl -sSL https://rvm.io/pkuczynski.asc | gpg --import -
gpg: key 105BD0E739499BDB: public key "Piotr Kuczynski <piotr.kuczynski@gmail.com>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: imported: 1
When, Ubuntu and Vbox were rebooted these keys worked much better I guess because curl was now working. It looks like just the last one really works, but perhaps that is enough because that is what the situration was before and it worked.

BTW the reboot also fixed guest additions after anotoer Vbox Devices > attach guest extensiions so share directory and copy and paste work.
Old 26-06-2019, 20:12   #66

Travis is installed now on a Ubuntu VM running in a VirtualBox

Thank you Petri! Would not have happened without your guidance.
Mounting the guest extensions and installing inside of Ubuntu is very poorly explained in VirtualBox and most writeups, IMHO
You nailed that with a couple of screenshots.

No sailing today -- to sail I need to finish the boat, hopefully end of the week!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Ruby-Gem-Install-gem-travis.doc (7.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 27-06-2019, 01:03   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Thank you Petri! Would not have happened without your guidance.
Glad I decided to went to bed, your adventures are nerve-wrecking! Thank you for your perseverance! Now we have not one but two procedure to give to anybody who might get interested in Travis CLI.

May I suggest that you try Travis build's deployment back to GitHub release (tag) with Sean's weather_routing_pi : my .travis.yml in dashboard_tactics_pi derives from Sean's linux/osx-build method.

Take from my .travis.yml the deploy: section, modifying the repo: field and the secure: field's key with the one you are going to generate with Travis CLI as I've already explained (steps 1 - 4). Create a new release (=new tag) and you will see what happens. See the corresponding Travis build log file's end for possible reason if it does not work.

If you decide to test the generated Linux package with O on your new Vbox instance, remember that it will need more resources: at least two CPUs and perhaps double the memory! (your disks operations appears to be slow, if Linux starts to swap everything will become sluggish.) If you have issues with OpenGL in Ubuntu guest OS, please read this article, then this post. (OpenGL should work in 6.0+ but you may need to get new Guest OS extensions .iso later than 6.0.8 from Vb Testbuilds - but now you know how to install those!).

My boat's ready and I'm going out this weekend to get some fresh air - we have a heatwave!
Canne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:07   #68

Have you considered shippable yet? It's handling of secrets is easier, and also pretty easy to make a docker image based build, which helps tremendously when people try to build and run into problems.
magwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 23:05   #69

Hi magwas,

I don't find Travis difficult to use at all - this long thread is about, hmmm... a particularly difficult computer... Anyway, I'm following what the OpenCPN community has found to be useful. My daytime CI is with in-house procedures for Jenkins, maven, Red Hat Satellite, SonarQube, etc. Talking about SonarQube, do you have a suggestion to make for an equivalent on-line free service for single user open GitHub accounts? Does shippable, for example allow to break the build if a QA criteria is not met?

Cheers,

Petri
Canne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 00:43   #70

I am using sonarcube cloud now for some QA checks, but slowly moving those functionalities to the shippable build. I found sonar having too rigid idea of how a code should look like. I am all for strict checks, but have a different set of rules. It's support for pull request analysis however valuable.
I do not know a mature cloud service for the same task. I see two ways: using your own sonar server (where there is more room to make adjustments), or integrate the checks to the CI using checkbug or similar.
Yes, shippable can make the pull request red if the build breaks, and you can make the build break when QA is not met.
magwas is offline   Reply With Quote