Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2012, 18:43   #1

Boat: Tayana 42
Waypoints Group Export and Import

Perhaps I am missing something but I can't figure out how to save and load groups of waypoints. I can do it manually by exporting all waypoints, editing the .gpx file to remove unwanted waypoints and then loading the .gpx file as a layer. Is there someway to select multiple waypoints in the Route Manager and save them in a single .gpx file?

Thanks,
Roger
Gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 20:36   #2

Boat: 29'
Re: Waypoints Group Export and Import

Roger,
simple answer, No.

I've used O as an GPX Editor quite a lot..
-I export the whole mess first as a backup (...say, it's lots of mutilated garbage from other apps resharpened in GPS Babel etc.) and then, I delete the mess down to a Pertinent Package and ExportAll That with a Pretty Name.
Next, Delete All, and import that backup Mess. Edit it again into another package etc. etc.....nowadays, your problem doesn't come up so much because I usually keep her RouteManager strictly confined to a trip so I can export the works as a Pertinent group. Other OVERALL or Already Packaged stuff gets loaded as a layer....
And there's a lot to be said for exporting Marks or routes as Singles. or, ( off the wall? how about this? as another Manual idea...) make a route out of your favourite Marks and edit the gpx later as text, to make them into just marks again. IE:using a Replace Text With function in NotePad++ or similar..?
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 03:23   #3

Boat: Tayana 42
Re: Waypoints Group Export and Import

h.s., thanks for the response. Yes, that is a good idea to make a route of the desired waypoints and then remove the route info and change other tags as needed. I don't have to look further for a solution and can now while away my hours in a text editor. OpenCPN is a wonderful piece of software so I'll be patient for future enhancements.
Gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
import