Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-10-2016, 14:19   #1

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Virtual Loop du Mer - Vende Globe starts Nov 6

I thought some of you would like to know about this notice which was just sent. It's time to get ready, by updating your qtVLM software and account (free). Several years ago I managed to make it around and while in about 60th place at the end, slept and missed the finish line, hit France, and had to turn around and cross properly at 128th place. I probably should have been disqualified! Anyway it was a hoot, and I gained great respect for the passion and skill of the French sailors. Really! Anticipation and skill does count. Give it a try, I might! Use of gtVLM is highly recommended.

Quote:
The Vent des Globes sails off on November 6th 2016 at 12H00 GMT Don't forget to join us at the starting line : Virtual Loup-De-Mer Race Instructions : Vent des Globes 2016/2017 - Great Races & World Tours - La Taverne and Virtual Loup-De-Mer Free navigational aids for PC, such as FrogTools, qtVlm and sbsrouteur, are available : Les accessoires et outils autour de VLM — VlmWiki And on Android and iOS, in VLM mode, qtVlm mobile version is free to use in full mode on this race. iOS : https://itunes.apple.com/app/qtvlm/i...0023?l=en&mt=8 Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...meltemus.qtvlm
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 14:24   #2

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!
Re: Virtual Loop du Mer - Vende Globe starts Nov 6

Could be interesting, I'll have a look. And thanks for sharing it.

As to doing that kind of race, you must have made memories that are more than lifelong. Along with making friends of the same sort.

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote