"Solution Pending" means that a solution will appear in the next Beta.
I prefer that the OP [original poster] of the task do a "Request Closure" after he/she confirms that the solution is good in that Beta. Sometimes the OP disappears, so we close it ourselves after some period of time, say a week after the Beta appears.
...Ideally, all open tasks should say "Solution Pending" just before a new Beta is released.
I think we've been trying to follow that generally, but in doing "Summer Cleaning":
We often send a request to the OP [Original Poster] and if they do not respond,
depending on the Task, Project
, Date and detail backup, we will investigate using Opencpn current
beta, inquire on the forum, etc, and may decide to move the item forward to current
beta or to "Close".
1. This occurs on older projects, older betas and Opencpn Feature Requests.
2. We "Close" duplicate tasks, copying any detail to the one that is continued.
3. We Edit Task titles to clarify and permit
meaningful sort by "Summary".
4. We Move a Task into the appropriate Project
[Thomas, thanks for the correction].
5. We Clarify a Task by asking OP to be more precise, explanatory.
6. We post "Tracker: FS links" on the forum for discussion/review.
7. We encourage users to VOTE and contribute to Tracker.
Is that ok? [Rick & Serge]