Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-10-2013, 13:54   #1

Sync Waypoints, Routes and Tracks with Dropbox

Hi All

First post on this forum... so any help would be appreciated.

I have OpenCPN installed across a few machines, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, and a PC. All the individual installs on each machine are running just fine - no issues.

I have my charts loaded in a folder in DropBox - and all the different machines (and installs) point to the same folder in DropBox. This makes it nice and simple if I want to add / remove any charts - as I only have to do it on one machine and the other machines replicate the changes.

So that is all working fine - apart from one thing that is bugging me. I want Waypoints, Routes and Track to be sync'd - so when I create a waypoint, for example, on one machine, when I open the software on another machine - the waypoint appears.

There must be a file(s) (used by OpenCPN) to hold all the waypoints etc. Does anyone know what the file is called and where it is stored? Or, can anyone offer any advice on how to achieve this ?

Kind regards

Tim
timohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013, 16:16   #2

Boat: Amel Sharki
Re: Sync Waypoints, Routes and Tracks with Dropbox

Tim,

the file is navobj.xml but I'm afraid it will be a little difficult because it is dynamical written. You will find navobj.xml on Mac at ~/Library/Preferences/ and also some more files like navobj.xml.1, navobj.xml.2 and so on which are backups. OpenCPN may generate also a file navobj.changes there which will switch to navobj.xml when closing OpenCPN. So without changing the source code and recompiling OpenCPN I see no chance.

Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013, 17:55   #3

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: Sync Waypoints, Routes and Tracks with Dropbox

Tim...
It's enough to sync the navobj.xml file as in case you would have OpenCPN open on more than one machine at a time, the result of the "fight" of the two instances couldn't be anything but a disaster...

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
route