Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2018, 12:59   #151

Re: squiddio plugin

have tried the squiddo_pi and wish to raise following observation:
- gui is not in line with other ocpn behavior, after enabeling the sqiddo_pi the new icon is in the toolbar. On click this new icon the sqiddo configuration dialog opens, to close dialog user needs to move courser to click on close. All other icons which open dialogs will close on 2nd click without courser repositioning.
- downloaded squiddo wps can be many and can clutter up the wp manager.How should the user delete them ? one by one is cumbersom!
- when I disable the sqiddo_pi and later enable again, all previous loaded wp's are shown again.
- many squiddo_wp's are duplicate with no obvious different data.

I suggest the wp manager should be enhanced to allow additional userdefined fields, which then can hold e.g. for squiddo a classifier, on which can be sorted or selected for delete etc.
skipperearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 19:25   #152

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Jon Gough has created a special version of Squiddio which uses ODtext Point for Squiddio points. This is useful because the waypoints are left alone.

This version only works with Opencpn v4.99. We need some good testers to exercise the plugin and report issues.
squiddio_pi-0.7.5-win32-Ov4.99-with-OD-BETA.exe

This is a test please continue using the current version for stable work.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 09:25   #153

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Hello RGleason, Hello Jon Gough,
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Jon Gough has created a special version of Squiddio which uses ODtext Point for Squiddio points. This is useful because the waypoints are left alone.

This version only works with Opencpn v4.99. We need some good testers to exercise the plugin and report issues.
squiddio_pi-0.7.5-win32-Ov4.99-with-OD-BETA.exe

This is a test please continue using the current version for stable work.

I am trying to update the page of opencpn.fr related to Squiddio.

There is a version of SQuiddio for O5.0 that works partially. But the SQuiddio-specific mark icons are not displayed.

I just installed this version on my PC but, it is not usable with O5.0. (Actually I'm using the OpenCPN version 5.0.0 + c5034f6 that I went to look for in the appveyor).
During the installation, I was told that the installed version was unusable.

I want to test this version but Jon should adapt it to the latest versions of O5.0 +

So ????

Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 09:38   #154

Boat: Phantom 19

Gilletarom...

Use only the released versions of OpenCPN or at least CI builds coming from the v5.0.x branch. A randomly downloaded master branch build from the CI system is definitely not what you want to be running at this moment.

Pavel
nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 09:51   #155

Hello Jon,

I continued my tests .. (Thank Pavel) . So from the beginning I did:

Installation of the version found on the official page of opencpn.org, ie here:
https://opencpn.org/OpenCPN/plugins/sQuiddio.html

With this version, the SQuiddio mark icons were not displayed. I still had the names of the marks.

I then tried to use the version for O4.99 found in this thread. This version does not work with my version of O5 (5.0.0 + c5034f6).

I reinstalled the "Official" version. I still did not have the marks.
I wanted to change the font used to display SQuiddio's mark names.
Surprise .. Good surprise, marks SQuiddio appeared ...

That said, the French language file is not used although it is fully translated on the Crowdin. And therefore, the 3 items related to SQuiddio located in the general context menu remain in English. And, same problem, the Prefences still are in english.

Gilletarom.
Old 26-04-2019, 11:08   #156

Quote:
Jon Gough has created a special version of Squiddio which uses ODtext Point for Squiddio points. This is useful because the waypoints are left alone. ....

"This is a test please continue using the current version for stable work."

Gilletarom this was released Dec 7. 2018. Use the download version please.

Both Ocpn_Draw and Squiddio must be enabled and running, I believe, (its been a little while since I tested it.)
In Squiddio Click on the Icon and in the Preferences Menu select "ODraw Text Point" now squiddio will be using ODraw points, leaving your regular waypoints alone and untouched.

To check this, in Squiddio Path and Point Manager, Pick OD Points.
See the list?

Or check your normal Wpts...

During transition from one to another you may need to refresh things a little.... but I've found it works well.
Old 26-04-2019, 11:57   #157

Yes, when transitioning from opencpn points to odraw points it may require a shutdown and re start to get the squiddio icons to show.
Old 26-04-2019, 13:11   #158

Boat: Richter 42

Hi,
The updated version of Squiddio that works with OCPN 5 and has the ability to use OD is in the Squiddio git (https://github.com/mauroc/squiddio_pi). To use the OD capability you MUST have the current beta version of OD installed and activated. You will then be able to use OD Text Point objects for all Squiddio points. For non Linux users, i.e. windows, you 'may' have to rebuild this plugin with the latest opencpn.lib file if it doesn't work.

This is still a beta as I don't think enough testing has been done. It does use a much extended ODAPI to make it function such that icons installed with Squiddio can be used within OD via the API (saves having to have multiple copies of the same icon). Squiddio should continue to work the same as it did before, but you get all the extras that come with OD Text Points (rollovers, etc.).

Please test it and let me know if there are issues. At the moment I am not sure translations have been done for Squiddio, so if they don't work please let me know.

Regards
Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 13:13   #159

Hello RGleason,

Thank you. I understood. I installed Draw and checked, in the preferences of SQuiddio, the boxes AIS and the box "Draw".

What fireworks ... I saw dozens of marks appear ...

It's good.

It remains to introduce language files other than English, for Squiddio. I also noticed a new English item for Draw.

I tried to put the language file in French, for sQuiddio, in OpenCPN as I often did with other plugins, but it did not bring anything new. Squiuddio remains in English.

There should also be an explanation in SQuiddio's preferences for users to know that Draw needs to be installed and enabled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-04-26 22_09_06-.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	190832  
Old 27-04-2019, 02:22   #160

Hello JonGough,

I sent you an email with a long list of items missing from Crowdin.

Gillletarom.
Old 01-09-2019, 18:38   #161

Jon Gough has improved Squiddio by utilizing ODdraw text points. He has requested that Squiddio be upgraded to v1.0.5 which supports the use of OD text points instead of utilizing Waypoints. The advantage is that your waypoints will not be interspersed with squiddio points.

To release this we need the Win, MacOS and Linux files tested, so we need a few good beta testers to report results.
Please refer to https://github.com/rgleason/squiddio_pi/releases

(I do not know about this file Squiddio-Plugin_1.0.1.pkg
I believe it is a missnamed v1.0.5.pkg, but will need some Mac users to advise.
Old 01-09-2019, 21:08   #162

Boat: Nauticat 32

Quote:
Jon Gough has improved Squiddio by utilizing ODdraw text points. He has requested that Squiddio be upgraded to v1.0.5 which supports the use of OD text points instead of utilizing Waypoints. The advantage is that your waypoints will not be interspersed with squiddio points.

To release this we need the Win, MacOS and Linux files tested, so we need a few good beta testers to report results.
Please refer to https://github.com/rgleason/squiddio_pi/releases

(I do not know about this file Squiddio-Plugin_1.0.1.pkg
I believe it is a missnamed v1.0.5.pkg, but will need some Mac users to advise.
Rick, I downloaded this and installed. I don't see any difference between this and the version 1.0.4 I built and installed myself. However, I did d/l and install 1.0.4 in Ron's repository, and it does not activate on Mac version 5.0.1. Says it's not compatible with this version, which isn't correct, because my build works, so there must be some issue with the .proj file.
SCarns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 21:24   #163

Boat: Nauticat 32

I take it back...

The icons don't display properly, which I remember being an issue in a previous version. I'll stick with 1.0.4 being the most recent version for O5.01 Mac...

One thing that doesn't work in either is the boatyard icon...
SCarns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 23:54   #164

Boat: Richter 42

Hi,
Attached is a screenshot of the latest Squiddio Preferences dialog. If you have this then you should be using the latest version. Rick is currently updating the links on the OCPN downloads page to point to this version which he is calling 1.0.5.

If icons don't work try using the old behaviour, OCPN waypoints, and see if the ODraw TextPoints are the same. ODraw uses the same icons that Squiddio users, in fact Squiddio dynamically sends them to ODraw, so there is only one set, the set managed by Squiddio.

There has been a fair amount testing, so it should work, but there will always be edge cases that we have not been able to simulate which may show issues. If you do find an issue it would be useful to know what you were doing, on what operating system, the versions of OCPN, ODraw and Squiddio. This information will be available in the opencpn.log file and in the help and preferences dialogs. The more we know the easier it is for us to find the issues.

Regards
Jon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	preferences dialog.png
Views:	70
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	199034  
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:43   #165

In C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\squiddio_pi\buildos x\InstallOSX
I have checked the squiddio_pi.pkgproj.in file. It is a big file so perhaps I am missing something here, but I did change line 1452 to
Quote:
<string>${VERBOSE_NAME}-Plugin_${VERSION_MAJOR}.${VERSION_MINOR}.${VERSION _PATCH}-${OCPN_MIN_VERSION}</string>

But I think perhaps the I have not changed the encrypted key at line 774-778?
<key>PROJECT_COMMENTS</key>
<dict>
<key>NOTES</key>
<data>
Is this a problem?

Tags
plug