Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2013, 19:30   #1

Boat: (Ex) Alu. 60' yacht-"Eight Bells"
Send a message via Skype™ to sinbad7
ROUTE MANAGER ERROR V. 3.2

I am sorry to advice but there seem to be a serious error in the Route Manager in connection with the waypoints section and the Export all visible...

I have all my POI´s grouped in country order,v.s. Brazil,Europe,East Med. etc.
In order to edit any one of these group POI´s,it must be imported,edited and then Exported,and therein lies the problem. Instead of exporting the edited group of POI´s visible in the waypoint section,it ADDS all the POI´s in the world! When you later want to use the Brazil group of POI´s,you find it includes the whole world, making further editing impossible.

I am sure someone have misunderstood the phraze Export all visible, which should mean ´all visible in the waypoints box in use´ but instead adds and exports literally all the POI´s in the world.

I have since had a helluva job extracting all the unwanted POI´s manually.

Whilst you can Export wpt..one by one from the right column,you can not the mouse and SHIFT key to mark a block of POI´s for Export,but you CAN mark them all for Deletion.

I hope this can be corrected in the next beta.

Tore
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_215 Mar. 18 23.30.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	57320   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_216 Mar. 18 23.31.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	57321  

Old 18-03-2013, 19:52   #2

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: ROUTE MANAGER ERROR V. 3.2

Tore...
Export all visible means "Export all the waypoints in the world set as visible" (=with the icon displayed in the manager) This gives you at least some control, before you had none and you could only export the whole world, visible or not...
The "export selected waypoints" function for the "Export wpt..." button is on my list and is pretty easy to implement, so it will come early in the forthcoming beta cycle.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 22:26   #3

Boat: 29'

Tore, reprise method 1,

Method 1)

In 3.2, you can toggle visibility-Click on the eyeball to to toggle visibility ..Only these "VISIBLE" marks,waypoints and layers will be exported when you "export all".
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 00:43   #4

Boat: Formerly Fuji 32 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySeagull View Post
In 3.2, you can toggle visibility-Click on the eyeball to to toggle visibility ..Only these "VISIBLE" marks,waypoints and layers will be exported when you "export all".
I may have missed something (quite possible for me) but I do not get an 'eyeball' for my waypoints

I only see it for tracks and routes.

Terry
yachtvalhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 01:22   #5

I think we´re talking about two different panels here,the wpt´s and the layers.

Exporting All visible in the layers panel to the wpt panel makes even less sense as you will unknowingly mix them with the POI´s already imported to the wpt panel for editing and save them under the same country group,making a real mess to clear it up again later.

It is very confusing to display the same ´Export all visible´ under both the waypoints AND the layers panel. The ´eyes´you refer to only appear in the layers panel.

When I add a POI,I do it with a blank wpt panel,then import the country group where it belongs and perhaps do some more editing to the POI group before Exporting all visible,(what I understood was the contents of the wpt panel) but ending up with joining ALL my POI groups together under ONE country. Crazy...

Even worse,this exported file becomes the default file which OpenCPN reads from C:/ProgramData/layers when it re-starts,so now also the files in my layers panel are corrupted.

Exporting All visible... in the layer panel does not make sense as they have not yet been editet and will just repeat themselves.

I think it would be less confusing to stick with the norm of highlighting the files you wish to Export using SHIFT-Right click Mouse.

My dog had an urgent need to go out in the garden which is why I am writing here at 5 am so pardon any misspellings, (or misunderstandings)

Thanks for your help all.

Tore
Old 19-03-2013, 02:25   #6

Another error with the layers section of the Route Manager is that the number of POI´s
does not correspond with the actual number of POI´s in the wpt panels for the respective country group. The layers area of my Brazil group of POI`s states: 273 whilst the actual numbers you can import in the wpt panel is: 35

I am sure the others are equally wrong.

Tore
Old 19-03-2013, 08:38   #7

Boat: 29'

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtvalhalla View Post
I may have missed something (quite possible for me) but I do not get an 'eyeball' for my waypoints

I only see it for tracks and routes.

Terry
That's right! ...and it's been bugging me as inconsistent logic.I keep forgetting to request it as a change. That crossed-out eyeball should be there instead of the blank, I think. What do you think?
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
route