Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2023, 04:34   #736

Boat: Najad 34
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

That button is only shown for the radar type RME120.

What I know Display/Signal timing is not related to a broadband scanner.
Hakan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 04:37   #737
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Ok, so I will leave that string "as is".

The German translation is completely updated now.
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 12:38   #738

Hi, I downloaded the latest ver of opencpn available to me today, 5.6.2, running on raspian. However, when I goto options>plugins, the radar plug in is not available to me, even when I update the master plugin list. It is also not available at the cloudsmith address, https://cloudsmith.io/~opencpn/repos

When I try to download any version of it from github, https://github.com/opencpn-radar-pi/radar_pi, and manually install it using the options>plugin "import plugin" button, opencn says "Error, import plugin tarball does not contain required metadata.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling opencpn, to no success.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Rubber_ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 12:05   #739

Boat: Halmatic 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber_ducky View Post
Hi, I downloaded the latest ver of opencpn available to me today, 5.6.2, running on raspian. However, when I goto options>plugins, the radar plug in is not available to me, even when I update the master plugin list. It is also not available at the cloudsmith address, https://cloudsmith.io/~opencpn/repos

When I try to download any version of it from github, https://github.com/opencpn-radar-pi/radar_pi, and manually install it using the options>plugin "import plugin" button, opencn says "Error, import plugin tarball does not contain required metadata.

If you install OpenCPN in the flatpak format you have available almost every plugin. Including the Radar plugin. See instruction before how to setup the flatpak enviroment.
verkerkbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 12:06   #740

Boat: Halmatic 30

Quote:

If you install OpenCPN in the flatpak format you have available almost every plugin. Including the Radar plugin. See instruction before how to setup the flatpak enviroment.

But you must use the 64 bits version of Raspian.
verkerkbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 13:03   #741

I have an issue with radar plugin using win 11. The PPI doesn’t update, the window is frozen. Overlay on the chart is fine. The PPI is refreshed while resizing, but only when I change size of the window.

Any idea what could be the issue?
I’ve tested latest master and beta (with O RC2).
Jjccr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 13:45   #742

Boat: KMY Stadtship 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjccr View Post
I have an issue with radar plugin using win 11. The PPI doesn’t update, the window is frozen. Overlay on the chart is fine. The PPI is refreshed while resizing, but only when I change size of the window.

Any idea what could be the issue?
I’ve tested latest master and beta (with O RC2).
Have you tried docking the PPI windows using the radar menu "Windows" sub page?

If that doesn't help close O, remove the log file, change VerboseLog to 31 in the conf file, start O, wait 5 seconds until problem shows, quit O, upload log file on github.com in a new issue at https://github.com/opencpn-radar-pi/radar_pi/issues
merrimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 13:48   #743

Quote:

Tarballs are at https://cloudsmith.io/~opencpn-radar...beta/packages/

So if you use raspbian 11 amhf (32 bits) download the debian 11 version marked A32; if you use the 5.7 version of OpenCPN you'll need the one marked with -wx32.
Old 14-05-2023, 15:11   #744

Problem/question with radar plugin on 64bit OpenPlotter install...

I had previously used OpenCPN installed via OpenPlotter Headless 32bit OS for Raspberry Pi4 and was using the radar plugin with my Garmin 18 (not HD) radar just fine.

For a host of reasons, I built a new install from OpenPlotter 64 bit (headless) yesterday and have installed all the same plugins etc, but I am having a bit of an issue with the radar plugin.

1) If I use the docked (large window on the right), the window freezes up after displaying the radar image for a few seconds.

2) If I use the smaller floating window, there are NO issues at all with locking up.

3) Neither of the docked or undocked windows will allow me to control the radar. This was never a problem with the old setup.

I have two versions of OpenCPN currently installed. The 5.6 (I think) is what I originally loaded (debian) and the Flatpak version 5.8.2 that I manually loaded this afternoon.

Both version behave exactly the same. (lock up on the docked screen and no control of the radar).

I have my PI's eth0 set to the correct IP and Mask (according to the installation instructions).

The only difference between my old setup and this one is that the old setup had an entry in OpenCPN's connections defining the radar. I was told that is not necessary and apparently that is true at least for the display of the radar image.

I am happy to send any traces, dumps, etc to help figure this out.

Thanks,
J
zigzag930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2023, 22:08   #745

Having some issues with the radar plugin 5.5.0 and Windows 5.8.2.
Thought it was fixed when the OpenGL fix came out, but when the radar PPI is left open, it seems to crash the application. If I toggle it closed, OpenCPN runs for days.
Did a clean install and same issue.
Anyone have similar issues
Mattzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2023, 23:34   #746

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post

1) If I use the docked (large window on the right), the window freezes up after displaying the radar image for a few seconds.
This is a known issue on Linux only (not macOS or MS Windows); see https://github.com/opencpn-radar-pi/radar_pi/issues/234 -- it is highly likely that it is wxWidgets related and we don't know how to fix this yet.

Quote:
3) Neither of the docked or undocked windows will allow me to control the radar.
What do you mean with 'not allow me to control' exactly? Do you see the radar menu and can you click items but these do not work, or do you not see the radar menu at all?

For the latter, click on Menu in the top right of the radar PPI window or right click on the chart then "Control Radar".
Old 14-05-2023, 23:36   #747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattzilla View Post
Having some issues with the radar plugin 5.5.0 and Windows 5.8.2.
Thought it was fixed when the OpenGL fix came out, but when the radar PPI is left open, it seems to crash the application. If I toggle it closed, OpenCPN runs for days.
Did a clean install and same issue.
Anyone have similar issues
Platform?
Old 14-05-2023, 23:42   #748

Quote:
The only difference between my old setup and this one is that the old setup had an entry in OpenCPN's connections defining the radar. I was told that is not necessary and apparently that is true at least for the display of the radar image.
That is correct: the plugin does not know about OpenCPNs connections, and that connection you had does exactly nothing as there is no 0183/2000/SignalK stream from or to your radar.

The plugin either does auto-detection (non-Garmin) or uses the fixed radar IP range (Garmin).
Old 15-05-2023, 03:58   #749

Merrimac,

Thanks for your reply. I understand the 1st issue is something you are aware of and will just wait until you can find a fix. On the second issue, I can see the radar control menu, but when I click on any of the controls, nothing happens. Same when I'm in the radar screen and press the + or - icons to change range, nothing happens.

J
zigzag930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2023, 04:47   #750

Quote:
Merrimac,

Thanks for your reply. I understand the 1st issue is something you are aware of and will just wait until you can find a fix. On the second issue, I can see the radar control menu, but when I click on any of the controls, nothing happens. Same when I'm in the radar screen and press the + or - icons to change range, nothing happens.

J
Yup. I'm going sailing (1800 nm) this week so will be a little offline for 2 weeks and I am not very familiar with Garmin (don't have one).

Are you able to corroborate/check with a 2nd computer, for instance a laptop? And then try to install the same version as you already had?

AFAIAA nothing much has changed in the Garmin code, so it's a bit weird this...

Anyway, uploading a logfile with Verbose=31 might show us something. If you find it hard to upload here, feel free to enter a Github issue and upload it there.

Tags
lease, plug, radar