Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2021, 14:36   #46

Re: Radar plugin 5.2.1 released

How do I attach a picture from my computer to the thread: it asks me for an address...
FIRST35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2021, 23:48   #47

Boat: Najad 34

Take a screenshot. Save the picture anywhere.

"Go advanced" on the Forum. Use "Manage attachments" below the message window. Add your file and "Upload"
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2021, 05:23   #48
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

You might to need to scroll to the right or widen the window in case the upload button is hidden on the right.
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2021, 10:20   #49

Good morning. I attached screenshots.
In the programs allowed through the firewall, there is no word OpenCPN, but it is there, because if I try to add it it tells me it is already there; maybe it is under some components name rather than program name.
The icon changes into what I attach when I connect power.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RADAR TYPE.PNG
Views:	46
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	243040   Click image for larger version

Name:	RADAR 2.PNG
Views:	51
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	243041  

Name:	FIREWALL.PNG
Views:	44
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	243042   Click image for larger version

Name:	NETWORK.PNG
Views:	51
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	243043  

Name:	RADAR CONNECTION.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	243044  
Attached Images

Old 31-07-2021, 10:27   #50

I am most confused by the network issue. I cannot differentiate between the internet and the network needed for the radar. I do not know where and how to connect the radome to the computer network.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0929.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	399.0 KB
ID:	243046  
Old 31-07-2021, 11:25   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douwe Fokkema View Post
I have been replaying your capture. A replayed capture is perfectly identical to the original radar data. I have tried various versions of radar_pi on both a fast and a slow computer (win10). I get a perfect radar image, range 1/4 nm, switching to 1/2 nm. I have put this in a loop, it plays for hours. No crash. So I can not reproduce your problem and therefor not solve it.
Have you tried a different computer?

Douwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasse_A View Post
@keoe
What is your location ?
I am in Gothenburg and will be around for another 2 weeks.
/Hans
I have leave the Gothenburg area going home to lake Vänern.

Yesterday, I done some testing.
1. Running the radar on another computer with a clean installation of OpenCPN and the Radar_Pi. This works
2. Uninstall OpenCPN and remove all folders on my nav computer. Install O and the Radar_Pi. This works.
3. Replaced the opencpn.ini with one backed up from before the re-installation. The program crash like before.
4. Removed the old ini-file and set the settings one by one. This works until I activate trails for the radar. When trails is active for some time period, the software crash. I have now re-set all the settings as they was before (exept trails) and the Radar_Pi works as expected.
Can some of you reproduce the crash with trails active?
keoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2021, 12:47   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST35 View Post
I am most confused by the network issue. I cannot differentiate between the internet and the network needed for the radar. I do not know where and how to connect the radome to the computer network.
Try to disconnect from the wifi network and plugin the RJ45 from the radar scanner. Check so you have an active wired connection to the network card. On my PC it's called "Ethernet" in Network and Ethernet settings. If not use the "Network and sharing center" and add a Ethernet wired connection. It can be set up to use DHCP.
Now if the radar scanner is working a connection should be established and after a while connected as an "Unidentified network" - "No Internet"
Old 31-07-2021, 13:08   #53

Thank you I will try that and report back. Later today.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:09   #54

Boat: Ovni 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by keoe View Post
Unfortunately, it crash the same way with your version of the plugin. I attach logfiles (renamed to pdf) where VerboseLog have been 0 and 13. Does this say anything meaningful for you?
For the moment, I am located on the northern part of the Swedish west coast.
Inconsistencies in the opencpn.ini file could make the system crash. Could you try to rename your opencpn.ini file (say to opencpn_org.ini). Next time you start, the system will make a new one, with all default values. Then try the radar again. Don't bother to put the charts in place again, just try the radar after selecting your radar type. After this test you can go back to your original opencpn.ini by deleting the new opencpn.ini and restoring the original.

Douwe Fokkema
Douwe Fokkema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 08:50   #55

Quote:
Inconsistencies in the opencpn.ini file could make the system crash. Could you try to rename your opencpn.ini file (say to opencpn_org.ini). Next time you start, the system will make a new one, with all default values. Then try the radar again. Don't bother to put the charts in place again, just try the radar after selecting your radar type. After this test you can go back to your original opencpn.ini by deleting the new opencpn.ini and restoring the original.

Douwe Fokkema
I have now start with a new ini file, activated the Radar_pi and then start the radar. Every time I activate the target trails, OpenCPN crash. I have also tried this on another computer and the behaviour is the same. My conclusion is that my crashes must be related to the target trails in some way.
On this link, I have a screen capture that shows what I do when the software crash: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvwxsdsipx...Crash.mp4?dl=0

Can you reproduce this with the data from my capture with Wireshark?
Old 08-08-2021, 03:26   #56

Quote:
I have now start with a new ini file, activated the Radar_pi and then start the radar. Every time I activate the target trails, OpenCPN crash. I have also tried this on another computer and the behaviour is the same. My conclusion is that my crashes must be related to the target trails in some way.
On this link, I have a screen capture that shows what I do when the software crash: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvwxsdsipx...Crash.mp4?dl=0

Yes, now I can. More to follow.

Douwe
Old 08-08-2021, 07:37   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST35 View Post
FIRST35... Once you've an active network cable connected to a RJ45 port on the Win-PC an "Ethernet" connection is created. (Not a wifi!) Plug you radar RJ45 connector into the PC. Power on the radar scanner and check your "Network and sharing center".
If nothing happens it can be the radar scanner is not starting as it should? Or, the radar RJ45 connector is not correct assembled?
Old 08-08-2021, 09:31   #58

Quote:

@keoe,

Could you test this version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynkg1r0661...ll_garmin?dl=0
Rename the file to radar_pi.dll and replace the radar_pi.dll in the opencpn/plugins directory with the new one.

Douwe
Old 09-08-2021, 10:46   #59

Quote:
@keoe,

Could you test this version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynkg1r0661...ll_garmin?dl=0
Rename the file to radar_pi.dll and replace the radar_pi.dll in the opencpn/plugins directory with the new one.

Douwe
Douwe,
I have now tested your dll file and with this file, the radar works as expected.
Thank you for your help!
Old 15-08-2021, 02:39   #60

Dear all,

I have a new Garmin radar GMR 1224 xHD2. My installation, starting with the scanner looks like this:
Radar Scanner, Connector incl. Pin 5 shortcut to shield, Ethernet switch and behind a Raspi Pi and an Intel NUC running Ubuntu.

My first problem is that I can't power up the scanner. The status LED stays dark. When testing with a Garmin plotter, the scanner worked immediately. I suspect the error is in the connector and the circuit to pin 5. Unfortunately, I could not get the recommended connector MRJ-5780-01 and have therefore taken another, where I soldered a bridge between pin 5 and shield. Measurements with the multimeter were okay.
What can I have done wrong? Are there changed connectors in the new generation xHD2?

Joachim
JoHo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lease, plug, plugin, radar