Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 02:28   #1

Boat: Westerly Sealord
Problems with Windows 7

The story so far... I have OpenCPN installed on a Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion, I have it installed on a Dell Netbook running XP Service Pack 3 and I have it running on an Acer Aspire X3990 with W7 home premium 64 bit. No probs with any of them.

So I buys a new boat computer, a Via Artigo A1200, and install W7 Professional 64 bit....installed all updates the other day. Thus far I have installed a few bits and pieces and also Airmail which is running quite happily and doing what it is meant to do. So I download OpenCPN 3.2.2 .... worked after a fashion.... but slowed the computer to a crawl and a very slow crawl at that... disinstalled.... put 3.2.2 from the Acer on a stick and transferred it. Refuses to open... says it is missing a .dll So I feed it the missing .dll and still same error message.

OK.... download and install 3.3.1303 . All OK so far.... but open it and it gets as far as putting up the frame with tool bar at the top and info at the bottom but otherwise transparent. Then up pops an error report "OpenCPN has stopped working' ' please send us this error report'.. Several have been sent so far today..

Any thoughts??

Cheers,
El Ping
Old 04-01-2014, 02:51   #2
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39
Re: Problems with Windows 7

Looks that Dave made already a suggestion in the "3.3.1303 released" thread:

Quote:
2. VIA Chrome 64bit OpenGL driver on Win7 is randomly faulting. Suggest to use non-GL mode if you have this chipset/driver. This is difficult to debug, since we have no symbolic information for this driver. Perhaps the user (three crashes tonight) might step forward and we could try to analyze this further.
Hubert
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:00   #3

Boat: Westerly Sealord
Re: Problems with Windows 7

Yep I think that's me.... did include a note and email addy with one of them....

Tags
wind