I would like a pluggin that work
as a tracker for other boats during racing
The idea is that a OCPN pluggin read data from a webserver. On the webserver boat
data (GPRMC) is stored in a SQL-DB (eventID, boat
name, time, date, speed, course).
The webserver SQL-DB get the data from a mobile phone
with any OPENGTS-compatible app up and running.
Every boat joining a race
(or similar) has the phone
activated during the race
. Everyone with OCPN+pluggin and eventID available can follow the race.
1. All boats shown in OCPN.
2. Boat name visible (option toggle on/off).
3. Tracking visible for all boats (option toggle on/off).
4. Optional speed/course in a info window when boat when mouse over.
The config of the pluggin must include:
5. URL for webserver.
6. Start date.
7. Start time
9. time interval between data collection.
10. Own boat name (since it shall not be plotted in own OCPN window).
I have a webserver up and running for data collection, and also a viewer.
I would like to code the pluggin, but I'm total novice