Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-12-2016, 00:20   #31

Boat: Najad 34
Re: Pluggin tracker?

Dan..
My use for your converter is to produce simulated AIVDM messages I need to test BR24radar_pi development. For that I need fake AIS targets following a route. I produce a text file like your example but with fictive MMSI. A ship name isn't necessary for that but nice to have. Now, instead of having a name in the text file I added my mmsi and names to MMSINAME.CSV. Problem solved.

If others would like to test your converter and also the VDR player of yours I think it would be helpful if you repeat how to use it and how to install a Python driver. You've done it before but I don't remember where.
Thanks
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 06:36   #32

Boat: Valiant 42

Hakan,

Python can be installed on Linux, Windows or MacOS. Web site is https://www.python.org/download. There are two main versions of Python (2 and 3). I made it work on either version. Hopefully it will stay that way.

I will add the ability to send class B targets which should give the ship's name. Will update github when it is working.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:10   #33

Boat: Valiant 42

The AISconverter script has been updated on https://github.com/transmitterdan. It now allows class B ship names to be included in the AIS data feed. The format of the data file had to be changed slightly. It also allows the data to come from a pipe in addition to a regular text file.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plug