Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-02-2012, 15:35   #1

OpenCPN Window Minimizes in WIN7

While navigating perodically the OpenCPN will minimize. The screen doesn't go blank and a screensaver does not come up. It just minimizes the OpenCPN window. I may happen in less than a minute. When I wiggle the mouse OpenCPN will open again.

I am running WIN7. I have already reviewed power settings and screen saver settings.

I'm thinking it could be related to the mouse moving or being bumped. Is this an OpenCPN setting or a windows 7 thing?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!
ZING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 17:57   #2

Boat: 29'
Re: OpenCPN Window Minimizes in WIN7

No, I haven't seen that , Zing. Nobody else has responded, so why not me? On my computer, O hums along for hours ok without skipping out for a smoke or whatever yours is doing. Anymore info in case someone wants to try to duplicate it? The mouse thing is very odd. I'd say unplug it to start just for the heck of it.
This is just a wild guess: Is there another application running when this happens? Maybe something running in the background might do this, something waking up and looking for an update periodically or checking a calendar....You might not see it on screen.

...Used to be CTRL,ALT,DEL keys would give you the button for Windows' taskmanager..or a right-click on taskbar, etc. On XP anyways, you can actually see an app accessing memory and maybe this is a clue?
There are tools that would show the thing happening but I'm not familiar with W7.
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 20:47   #3

Boat: 45' ex-trawler

This sounds vaguely familiar - I may have seen it happen with OpenCPN on a Windows machine. I'm not sure my memory isn't playing tricks with me, though.
maxxflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 21:40   #4

Boat: 29'

@maxxflow, there's an issue with OpenCPN2.5 where she gets stuck minimised
here http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post892268 and upthread... is that what you're thinking of? but Zing's seems to be different-I can't recall a problem specific to the mouse.
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
opencpn