Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2023, 03:18   #151

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: OpenCPN Version 5.8.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubek View Post
Hi,

I would like to help my friend to setup OpenCPN 5.8.0 on quite old laptop.
I have an issue after a fresh install like in attached log file.
I did also fresh install of windows 10 and again fresh install of OpenCPN but error is the same.
No errors during windows or opencpn installation.

What is missing and why?

Best regards,

Kubek
The machine is completely lacking support for accelelrted graphics, you will need to fix the config file in order to make OpenCPN start, see https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/w...8-known-issues (The second one is yours).

And one note: If you can't get suitable graphic drivers for it, this machine is not very suitable to run OpenCPN well.

And of course get 5.8.2 for him, fixes several problems found in 5.8.0
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 03:42   #152

Boat: Jeanneau - Merry Fisher 925

Maybe you can Try in The Microsoft Store to install the app for OpenGL and OpenCL.

you could reach in this link: https://www.bing.com/search?q=opengl...1&PC=PCMEDGEDP

Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave
Corsair63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:50   #153

Boat: Cross 46 Trimaran 'Migration'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
bbalan...
Try uploading here, please. They may not be too large, I hope.
I assume you are running OpenCPN 5.8.0, the official release?

Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave,
I just installed 5.8.2 and the problem is fixed. I'll continue testing.
Thanks,
Bruce
Old 04-05-2023, 00:48   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
The machine is completely lacking support for accelelrted graphics, you will need to fix the config file in order to make OpenCPN start, see https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/w...8-known-issues (The second one is yours).

And one note: If you can't get suitable graphic drivers for it, this machine is not very suitable to run OpenCPN well.

And of course get 5.8.2 for him, fixes several problems found in 5.8.0
Thanks for help.

It was not so easy as setting options OpenGL=0, because there is NO opencpn.ini file yet. I found on similar threat that I should start opencpn.exe with -no_opengl option which creates opencpn.ini file with OpenGL=0 inside.

I have upgraded OpenCPN to 5.8.2 it works great.
I would like to thanks all creators for their time and passion.

Best regards,
Kubek
kubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2023, 08:13   #155

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fizz 40' or is it 39'?? :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUR450502 View Post
Which catalog to use for Raspberry Pi - Flatpak arm64?

Hi there and - in full accord with all the others previously - THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE WORK YOU HAVE DONE!!!

I becam aware as I "accidentally" started the update process for OpenCPN and got 5.8.0 installed. I am using Raspberry pi 4 and flatpak - after install I wanted to re-install (update) all the plugins I had and some of them just didn't show up: Weatherfax, Weatherrouting, Climatology, Watchdog etc.

In the catalog settings I see "flatpak-aarch64:22.08" - is this the corect plugin archive? It looks not very complete. can somebody help me please?

All the best,

Uwe

Hi there again....

I am sorry to probably be a pain, but is there any news about the - IMHO vital plugins like Weatherfax, Pypilot,, etc. for Raspberry Pi 4 - using Flatpak - I understand, that it may take some time to get them implemented correctly. However, meantime I have received a number of catalog updates but these (Sean's) plugins are still missing. Are there any news?? Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards, Uwe
HUR450502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2023, 04:58   #156

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUR450502 View Post
Hi there again....

I am sorry to probably be a pain, but is there any news about the - IMHO vital plugins like Weatherfax, Pypilot,, etc. for Raspberry Pi 4 - using Flatpak - I understand, that it may take some time to get them implemented correctly. However, meantime I have received a number of catalog updates but these (Sean's) plugins are still missing. Are there any news?? Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards, Uwe
Uwe,

As I understand it, you are using OS flatpak-aarch64:22.08 on this RPI4?
We fully intend to support that OS, however it has recently come to my attention that the TP Template does not create metadata or tarballs for that OS as well as several other supported OS.

We seem to be having great difficulty getting TP Template properly configured so that I can build the plugins you are looking for.

Sorry but I have no idea when this will be fixed as Jon is away sailing the high seas and every effort to fix things for once and for all, seems to end up with more and more changes needed. I just don't know when this process will complete and thus have no timeline for you.

Once we have a complete TP Template that supports all the OpenCPN supported OS, I can assure you I will build all the plugins within a week. (I had started rebuilding all the plugins using TP1.0.237, but knowing that things are missing now, I have stopped, as it just does not make sense to continue the process.)

Very Sorry.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2023, 07:41   #157

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fizz 40' or is it 39'?? :-)

So sorry Rick,

I posted this issue too in 5.8.2 available, so the entry there is duplicate. And I read this too late... So, please ignore my comments, will be wating until a solution is there . Sorry again for problay having caused confusion.

Best regards, Uwe

P.S.: Jon should enjoy sailing :-) and you, - please take your time I understand the mountain of work you are doing!!! Many thanks as always....
HUR450502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2023, 02:34   #158

Boat: Halmatic 30

Some time ago I have signalled the problem with the canbus in the flatpak version.

The solution was to unlock the flatpak can0 blockage with starting :

flatpak override --user --allow=canbus org.opencpn.OpenCPN

Then it works and can0 appears.

Some users run in the same problem. Is there allready a permanent solution ? In the Flatpak enviroment or in OpenCPN ?

Bram
verkerkbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2023, 05:59   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by verkerkbr View Post
Some time ago I have signalled the problem with the canbus in the flatpak version.

The solution was to unlock the flatpak can0 blockage with starting :

flatpak override --user --allow=canbus org.opencpn.OpenCPN

Then it works and can0 appears.

Some users run in the same problem. Is there allready a permanent solution ? In the Flatpak enviroment or in OpenCPN ?

Bram

Bram, I think you should post this in github Issues so it can get addressed in the version being worked on now. Thanks for your report.

I thought you were going to test at least one of the Climatology v1.5.5.3 Debian Bookworm builds for me? See Climatology Thread. We need to know if these work ok, then I can get to building plugins. Thanks. (if it is inconvenient or not possible, let me know.)
Old 30-05-2023, 10:35   #160

Boat: Halmatic 30

Hi Rick, i have informed that the Climatology works in the Flakpak OpenCPN in Debian Bookworm on the RPI4. And also in the Linux Mint Vera for AMD64.

Also with the latest Flatpak beta version of OpenCPN done by Leamas. The problem with the canbus blockage is also solved. No need to do special action to start a canbus applicatie. Can0 appears direct with the setup of a connection.

Bram
verkerkbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 11:26   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by verkerkbr View Post
Hi Rick, i have informed that the Climatology works in the Flakpak OpenCPN in Debian Bookworm on the RPI4. And also in the Linux Mint Vera for AMD64.

Also with the latest Flatpak beta version of OpenCPN done by Leamas. The problem with the canbus blockage is also solved. No need to do special action to start a canbus applicatie. Can0 appears direct with the setup of a connection.
Bram
Thanks so much Bram. I guess I did not see you message. --Much appreciated!

Tags
enc, lease, opencpn