Cruisers Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2022, 22:17   #1
Marine Service Provider
 
bdbcat's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,925
OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #3

OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #3
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again...

Here is another Alpha test of OpenCPN v5.7.1.

This is the final Alpha test. Next step will be start of formal Beta testing.

As usual, this is an Alpha test. There are some rough edges in the dialogs, workflow, etc.
Not suitable for critical navigation.
We appreciate all input on the new GUI features introduced here.

Windows
https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/davi...1838_setup.exe
Mac
https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/davi....f6a1838b2.dmg

linux
linux install packages are available at the OpenCPN Beta repository.
https://launchpad.net/~bdbcat/+archive/ubuntu/opencpn

Flatpak:
Coming soon....


Thanks in advance for your help
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 04:19   #2
bcn
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: underway whenever possible
Boat: Rangeboat 39
Posts: 4,459
Re: OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #3

macOS 12.5.1, MacMini M1

no reaction to mouse clicks, neither right nor left click, no way to enter settings, mouse over works on the chart piano, however all is veeery slow.
Artifacts observed:
- drawing of top markers wrong, correct when a selected chart aerea is shown.
- GPS status and orientation window distortioned
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de Pantalla 2022-12-04 a las 12.10.47.png
Views:	21
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	268307   Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de Pantalla 2022-12-04 a las 12.12.09.png
Views:	19
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	268308  

Attached Images
 
bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 06:31   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Boat: Kelt 8.50
Posts: 157
Re: OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #3

Hello Dave
Thanks for the update.
I get an error installing the o-charts pi:
Code:
08:25:31.663 MESSAGE update_mgr.cpp:218 Selected update: o-charts
08:25:31.667 MESSAGE pluginmanager.cpp:570 Installing o-charts
08:25:33.337 MESSAGE downloader.cpp:119 filesize https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/opencpn/o-charts-prod/raw/names/o-charts-2.0-debian-wx32-11-tarball/versions/2.0.0.8/o-charts-2.0.0.8_debian-wx32.wx32-11-x86_64.tar.gz: 10654804 bytes
08:25:51.330 MESSAGE download_mgr.cpp:98 Checksum fail on o-charts, tarball: sha256:11e8e8c99f93ca243e2b476304c2f208285fbfcdd9e9929ce92934939a930a3f, metadata: sha256:890d03ee6108ea770746caa98026689354d3eb2ce4c1d6a5f0d1527c8a44340a
Ubuntu 22.94


JM
houlejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:33   #4
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Halmatic 30
Posts: 992
Re: OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #3

Hi Dave,


the latest version 3. Does not work on my Linux Mint for AMD64 (=Ubuntu).


Screen come up and is away in a few seconds. I can make a copy of the log-file.


But this is the laat part of the logfile:


15:20:39.929 ERROR plugin_loader.cpp:861 Could not open file "opencpn" for reading: Bestand of map bestaat niet
15:20:39.929 MESSAGE plugin_loader.cpp:1094 Plugin is compatible by elf library scan: true
15:20:39.929 MESSAGE plugin_loader.cpp:1215 PlugInManager: Loading PlugIn: /home/bram/.local/lib/opencpn/libo-charts_pi.so
15:20:39.977 MESSAGE base_platform.cpp:709 Using plugin data path: /home/bram/.local/share/opencpn/plugins;/usr/share/cinnamon/opencpn/plugins;/usr/share/gnome/opencpn/plugins;/home/bram/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share/opencpn/plugins;/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/opencpn/plugins;/usr/local/share/opencpn/plugins;/usr/share/opencpn/plugins;/usr/lib/opencpn
15:20:39.977 MESSAGE base_platform.cpp:265 PlugInManager: Using data dirs from: /home/bram/.local/share/opencpn/plugins;/usr/share/cinnamon/opencpn/plugins;/usr/share/gnome/opencpn/plugins;/home/bram/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share/opencpn/plugins;/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/opencpn/plugins;/usr/local/share/opencpn/plugins;/usr/share/opencpn/plugins;/usr/lib/opencpn
15:20:39.977 MESSAGE base_platform.cpp:277 PlugInManager: using data dir: /home/bram/.local/share/opencpn/plugins/o-charts_pi
15:20:39.978 INFO plugin_loader.cpp:1383 PlugInManager: /home/bram/.local/lib/opencpn/libo-charts_pi.so
15:20:39.978 INFO plugin_loader.cpp:1384 Plugin common name: o-charts
15:20:39.978 INFO plugin_loader.cpp:1386 API Version detected: 111
15:20:39.978 INFO plugin_loader.cpp:1387 PlugIn Version detected: 1.0


Bram
verkerkbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 08:07   #5
Marine Service Provider
 
bdbcat's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,925
Re: OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #3

bcn...
I have not focused much on MacOS for this A-test.
I'll take a look.


Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 08:31   #6
Marine Service Provider
 
bdbcat's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,925
Re: OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #3

JM/Bram....


I have updated o-charts_pi for linux. Current version is 2.0.0.11, on ubuntu 20.04/x86 and 22.04/x86.


Pleas update your catalog, and retry.
Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 09:13   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Halmatic 30
Posts: 992
Re: OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #3

Hi Dave,

it is a bit strange if I start O from the icon, then the screen disappaers.

II start O from the terminalI with opencpn get the same.

Then I started O from the terminal with sudo opencpn. Then O works perfect and after installing latest plugin also the O-charts works.

Thanks for all the work. But the reason for this behavior ?

Regards,


Bram
verkerkbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 10:52   #8
bcn
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: underway whenever possible
Boat: Rangeboat 39
Posts: 4,459
Re: OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
bcn...
I have not focused much on MacOS for this A-test.
I'll take a look.


Thanks
Dave
After a restart OCPN is responsive, however the Options|plug-in page is empty.
bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 11:27   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Steinhatchee, FL
Posts: 302
Re: OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #3

The problem I reported sending a route from Linux to Windows 10 is resolved.



Routes can be sent both directions between Debian Buster and Windows 10 21H2.
__________________
Bill
"If I were in a hurry, I would not have bought a sail boat." Me
Be Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 12:03   #10
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Boat: Kelt 8.50
Posts: 157
Re: OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
JM/Bram....


I have updated o-charts_pi for linux. Current version is 2.0.0.11, on ubuntu 20.04/x86 and 22.04/x86.


Pleas update your catalog, and retry.
Thanks
Dave

Ok Dave. Works


Found another problem. If I have no internet connection O will crash on start. Nothing in log. Causes a core dump.


Code:
$ opencpn
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1032:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm.c:2664:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2664:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2664:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm_route.c:877:(find_matching_chmap) Found no matching channel map
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
ALSA lib pcm_oss.c:397:(_snd_pcm_oss_open) Cannot open device /dev/dsp
ALSA lib pcm_oss.c:397:(_snd_pcm_oss_open) Cannot open device /dev/dsp
ALSA lib confmisc.c:160:(snd_config_get_card) Invalid field card
ALSA lib pcm_usb_stream.c:482:(_snd_pcm_usb_stream_open) Invalid card 'card'
ALSA lib confmisc.c:160:(snd_config_get_card) Invalid field card
ALSA lib pcm_usb_stream.c:482:(_snd_pcm_usb_stream_open) Invalid card 'card'
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1032:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 0: HDA Intel MID: ALC269 Analog (hw:0,0)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 1: HDA Intel MID: HDMI 0 (hw:0,3)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 2: sysdefault
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 3: hdmi
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 4: samplerate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 5: speexrate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 6: pulse
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 7: upmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 8: vdownmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 9: default
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 0: HDA Intel MID: ALC269 Analog (hw:0,0)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 1: HDA Intel MID: HDMI 0 (hw:0,3)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 2: sysdefault
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 3: hdmi
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 4: samplerate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 5: speexrate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 6: pulse
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 7: upmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 8: vdownmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 9: default
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 0: HDA Intel MID: ALC269 Analog (hw:0,0)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 1: HDA Intel MID: HDMI 0 (hw:0,3)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 2: sysdefault
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 3: hdmi
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 4: samplerate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 5: speexrate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 6: pulse
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 7: upmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 8: vdownmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 9: default
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 0: HDA Intel MID: ALC269 Analog (hw:0,0)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 1: HDA Intel MID: HDMI 0 (hw:0,3)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 2: sysdefault
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 3: hdmi
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 4: samplerate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 5: speexrate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 6: pulse
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 7: upmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 8: vdownmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 9: default
 Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)
$
JM
houlejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 12:29   #11
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Steinhatchee, FL
Posts: 302
Re: OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by houlejm View Post
Ok Dave. Works


Found another problem. If I have no internet connection O will crash on start. Nothing in log. Causes a core dump.


Code:
$ opencpn
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1032:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm.c:2664:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2664:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2664:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm_route.c:877:(find_matching_chmap) Found no matching channel map
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
ALSA lib pcm_oss.c:397:(_snd_pcm_oss_open) Cannot open device /dev/dsp
ALSA lib pcm_oss.c:397:(_snd_pcm_oss_open) Cannot open device /dev/dsp
ALSA lib confmisc.c:160:(snd_config_get_card) Invalid field card
ALSA lib pcm_usb_stream.c:482:(_snd_pcm_usb_stream_open) Invalid card 'card'
ALSA lib confmisc.c:160:(snd_config_get_card) Invalid field card
ALSA lib pcm_usb_stream.c:482:(_snd_pcm_usb_stream_open) Invalid card 'card'
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1032:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 0: HDA Intel MID: ALC269 Analog (hw:0,0)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 1: HDA Intel MID: HDMI 0 (hw:0,3)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 2: sysdefault
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 3: hdmi
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 4: samplerate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 5: speexrate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 6: pulse
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 7: upmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 8: vdownmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 9: default
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 0: HDA Intel MID: ALC269 Analog (hw:0,0)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 1: HDA Intel MID: HDMI 0 (hw:0,3)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 2: sysdefault
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 3: hdmi
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 4: samplerate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 5: speexrate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 6: pulse
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 7: upmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 8: vdownmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 9: default
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 0: HDA Intel MID: ALC269 Analog (hw:0,0)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 1: HDA Intel MID: HDMI 0 (hw:0,3)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 2: sysdefault
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 3: hdmi
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 4: samplerate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 5: speexrate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 6: pulse
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 7: upmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 8: vdownmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 9: default
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 0: HDA Intel MID: ALC269 Analog (hw:0,0)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 1: HDA Intel MID: HDMI 0 (hw:0,3)
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 2: sysdefault
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 3: hdmi
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 4: samplerate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 5: speexrate
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 6: pulse
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 7: upmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 8: vdownmix
14:00:05: Debug: Device: 9: default
 Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)
$
JM
Verified crash without Internet connection on Buster and partially Win10 21H2.



Windows crashed on first test without connection. Replied "yes" to start without plugins and it came up. I re-enabled the built-in plugins one at a time but could not get it to crash. It continued to work with all four (Dashboard, Chart Downloader, GRIB, and WMM) enabled. I can no longer get Win10 to crash.


Buster continues to crash as long as network connection is down even when all plugins are disabled.
__________________
Bill
"If I were in a hurry, I would not have bought a sail boat." Me
Be Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 13:00   #12
bcn
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: underway whenever possible
Boat: Rangeboat 39
Posts: 4,459
Re: OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
After a restart OCPN is responsive, however the Options|plug-in page is empty.

More macOS


With OpenGL disabled the presentation is ok - some vector chart, not oeSENC. First with OpenGL, second w/o
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de Pantalla 2022-12-04 a las 20.53.59.png
Views:	16
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	268330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de Pantalla 2022-12-04 a las 20.55.31.png
Views:	18
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	268331  

bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 14:28   #13
Registered User
 
LeaseOnLife's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: out cruising again, currently in FP
Boat: Sailboat
Posts: 1,408
Automated daily tracks sometimes combines AIS target tracks with own-ship tracks

I have this problem since a while and stopped using automated daily tracks because of it. I never was able to find a reliable way to make it happen, so haven't reported it...

But since we are in alpha/beta cycle, I thought to mention it. The problem still exists as of today, I just made it happen again. Maybe some other geek can find a way to make this happen more reliably, so this can be fixed.

In the screen shot you can see my own vessel swinging at anchor. A couple AIS targets do the same.

When "automated daily tracks" is activated, and AIS target tracks are being recorded, a click on "activate tracking / deactivate tracking" can suddenly combine a track from an AIS target with own-ship track. That does not happen often... It happened in the screenshot: Track of vessel NORR suddenly jumping to my position.

It only happens with "automated daily tracks" enabled, and seems to mainly happen using own-ship tracking enable/disable switch. It may happen when the local day transitions to next day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221204_114702.png
Views:	15
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	268333  
LeaseOnLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 18:40   #14
Marine Service Provider
 
bdbcat's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,925
Re: OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #3

JM...
"Found another problem. If I have no internet connection O will crash on start. Nothing in log. Causes a core dump."


What linux system, please?
Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 18:53   #15
Marine Service Provider
 
bdbcat's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,925
Re: OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #3

All...
flatpak A-test builds now available:
Also, o-charts plugin is also available for flatpak from the master catalog.

Thanks, and good luck.

Dave

"
flatpak install --user https://dl.flathub.org/build-repo/122309/org.opencpn.OpenCPN.flatpakref"
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
enc, opencpn

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OpenCPN Version 5.7.1 Alpha Test #2 bdbcat OpenCPN 52 02-12-2022 21:05
OpenCPN Version 5.7 Alpha Test bdbcat OpenCPN 92 31-10-2022 05:13
OpenCPN for Android Alpha test 4.1.409 bdbcat OpenCPN 117 12-10-2015 01:28
OpenCPN for Android Alpha test 4.1.427 bdbcat OpenCPN 139 29-05-2015 14:27
OpenCPN for Android Alpha test 4.1.412 bdbcat OpenCPN 120 15-05-2015 12:12

Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:37.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.