Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2020, 08:31   #136

Send a message via Skype™ to vagspel
Re: OpenCPN Version 5.1.620 RC1 Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
vagspel...
Sorry, more info needed.
Windows or linux or rPI? W10 or W7?
System type.
OpenGL on?
Thanks
Dave
Dave,
W10
OpenGL on
The problem does not happen every time
Some times it works with no problems.
Tried du duplicate it several times and cannot find any straight line when testing!!
Has there been an update of the oeSenc plugin? I am using 4.2.12 and that one seems to be working better. Do not remember when I did that update.
If outside the oeSenc Swedish chart when turning of the program then it does not show the SE chart when moving to SE area.
When in SE area showing oeSenc chart turning of the program and restarting it it shows CM-93 sometimes and sometimes it displays oeSenc charts.
We have noticed that if you pick CM-93 chart you can see that it pics a particular scale if you then chose a chart in the chart bar that displays a smaller scale and the close the program and restart then program will select the CM-93 chart.
If you select a oeSens chat with larger scale and restart the program will pick the oeSens chart.
Both Tom and I have tested this several times and this is "our" conclusion.
//Gunnar
vagspel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 10:21   #137

Boat: Halmatic 30

Quote:
Bram...
Is libusb available?

$sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0

And are testing legacy or managed plugin?

Dave
Hi Dave,

installed the libusb-1.0. With the latest install there was a mention that libusb?-1 was no longer needed. Use autoremove. ??

Now I installed the libusb-1.0. Removed the plugins and reinstalled the plugins.

Sg-locks 64 was not installed. Installed this item.

It looks like the legacy Oesenc plug is still present, because of the question to make an indentification for the dongle.

In the Oesenc plugin before this question was not present. I think it is still the old plugin.

However, after removing the opencpn.conf and the oesenc xml file, I can now report that the Oesenc charts are working again.

A pity that I have done several adjustments. So I'am not sure what was the actual problem.

The Oesenc plugin is a bit confusing, because you cannot see whether it is the latest plugin or the legacy plugin.

Anyway Oesenc is working again on the 5.1.704.3.0 ~focall version.

Regards,

Bram
verkerkbr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 16:39   #138

Noted no longer displays output from a Nanobaro USB sensor for Air Temp on dashboard "Air Temperature"

Output of XDR sentence is "AIRT"
Baro shows ok

eg $WIXDR,C,25.74,C,AIRT,P,1.01547,B,BARO0*8
Mattzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 16:51   #139
Marine Service Provider

Bram...
In the case of oeSENC (only).
Legacy plugins have version number 4.0.xxx
Managed plugins have version 4.2.xxx

Please confirm that you are using managed plugin, and that dongle works, with 5.1.704.3.0 ~focal/AMD64.
Check the logfile to be sure.

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 20:23   #140
Marine Service Provider

pinguino...

On rPI sound configuration:
I took your advice and reconfigured the default PPA build of OCPN for arm* processors.

Will you please check the Beta PPA version 5.1.704.5, and confirm that sound is OK out-of-box? Works here on armhf/stretch(xenial) and arm64/buster(bionic).

This build will use "aplay(1)" for default sound output.
Side note: I have had no luck on rPI with omxplayer, or any other sound functions at all (except aplay).

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 20:51   #141

Boat: Jeanneau SO 32I

Quote:
pinguino...

On rPI sound configuration:
I took your advice and reconfigured the default PPA build of OCPN for arm* processors.

Will you please check the Beta PPA version 5.1.704.5, and confirm that sound is OK out-of-box? Works here on armhf/stretch(xenial) and arm64/buster(bionic).

This build will use "aplay(1)" for default sound output.
Side note: I have had no luck on rPI with omxplayer, or any other sound functions at all (except aplay).

Thanks
Dave
I just tested the PPA Beta version 5.1.704.5, over arm64/buster(bionic) and I can confirm that the sound is already working properly.

Aplay works fine and I was also able to make it work with mpv by installing it previously. Although it is not necessary to use mpv. However, using mpv we can also use mp3 sound files as alarms. Just mark all files when looking for the sound file to play.

But with aplay the sounds and alarms already work as expected.

Thanks for fix it.
pinguino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 00:29   #142

Boat: Najad 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattzilla View Post
Noted no longer displays output from a Nanobaro USB sensor for Air Temp on dashboard "Air Temperature"

Output of XDR sentence is "AIRT"
Baro shows ok

eg $WIXDR,C,25.74,C,AIRT,P,1.01547,B,BARO0*8

These are the different XDR air temp names parsed by O Dashboard since implementation in 2015.
Whether it has changed in the beta version I'm not sure of. In what O version was the "AIRT" working?
Code:
// XDR Airtemp
                    if ((m_NMEA0183.Xdr.TransducerInfo[i].TransducerType == _T("C") &&
                        m_NMEA0183.Xdr.TransducerInfo[i].TransducerName == _T("TempAir")) ||
                        m_NMEA0183.Xdr.TransducerInfo[i].TransducerName == _T("ENV_OUTAIR_T") ||
                        m_NMEA0183.Xdr.TransducerInfo[i].TransducerName == _T("ENV_OUTSIDE_T")) {
Hakan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 00:33   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
These are the different XDR air temp names parsed by O Dashboard since implementation in 2015.
Whether it has changed in the beta version I'm not sure of. In what O version was the "AIRT" working?
Code:
// XDR Airtemp
                    if ((m_NMEA0183.Xdr.TransducerInfo[i].TransducerType == _T("C") &&
                        m_NMEA0183.Xdr.TransducerInfo[i].TransducerName == _T("TempAir")) ||
                        m_NMEA0183.Xdr.TransducerInfo[i].TransducerName == _T("ENV_OUTAIR_T") ||
                        m_NMEA0183.Xdr.TransducerInfo[i].TransducerName == _T("ENV_OUTSIDE_T")) {

Version I have been using nd had working is the current release 5 stable from download page.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:09   #144

Boat: Halmatic 30

Quote:
Bram...
In the case of oeSENC (only).
Legacy plugins have version number 4.0.xxx
Managed plugins have version 4.2.xxx

Please confirm that you are using managed plugin, and that dongle works, with 5.1.704.3.0 ~focal/AMD64.
Check the logfile to be sure.

Thanks
Dave
Good morning Dave,

just tested the PPA Beta version 5.1.704.5 and can report that this version is working on my 64 RaspiOs with the dongle and the Oesenc charts set.

Also tested the latest version on my AMD64 Linux Mint Focal with the Oesenc charts and the dongle. Also working well.

Thanks,

The wait is now for the official version 5.2

Regards,

Bram
verkerkbr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 02:26   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattzilla View Post
Version I have been using nd had working is the current release 5 stable from download page.
Mattzilla..
OK, I can see that now. There was a more general parsing of transducer type "C" in version 5.0. Without the check for transducer name. After that I suppose the names "TempAir", "ENV_OUTAIR_T" and "ENV_OUTSIDE_T" was again introduced as parsing conditions. The reason would be more temperature names are added like outside and motor temp.
The three names mentioned are the most common for air temp but I can see the Nanobaro sometimes uses the Arduino library and there's suggestion for a name is "AIRT" as of your example. If the "AIRT" is common used I think it wouldn't hurt to try to include also that in in this beta. I could make a PR and it's up to Dave to accept it at this late stage of the beta dev.
Thoughts? Anyone?
Håkan
Old 07-07-2020, 03:03   #146

@Mattzilla..
Apart from the "AIRT" discussion is your sentence:
$WIXDR,C,25.74,C,AIRT,P,1.01547,B,BARO0*8
having a bad checksum and would not work in any case.
It would read:
$$WIXDR,C,25.74,C,AIRT,P,1.01547,B,BARO0*60
Håkan
Old 07-07-2020, 04:11   #147

Dave..
Last used oeSENC is not showed after start up...as of Vagspel's post:
https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/opencpn-version-5-1-620-rc1-test-235885-10.html#post3179858

This is quit similar to my experiences with oeSENC contra rasters. The thread with "deafult" charts are running over oeSENC or how you once described it?
So I'm not the only one seeing this on Win10.

Connected or not:
The oeSENC message window about available charts are showing up before the Canvas-MUI are loaded. If I then click the oeSENC message OpenCPN shows: "Not responding" until load of the MUI bars. It would be more relevant if that message is not shown until it can accept a OK-click?
Old 07-07-2020, 15:10   #148

Quote:
Mattzilla..
OK, I can see that now. There was a more general parsing of transducer type "C" in version 5.0. Without the check for transducer name. After that I suppose the names "TempAir", "ENV_OUTAIR_T" and "ENV_OUTSIDE_T" was again introduced as parsing conditions. The reason would be more temperature names are added like outside and motor temp.
The three names mentioned are the most common for air temp but I can see the Nanobaro sometimes uses the Arduino library and there's suggestion for a name is "AIRT" as of your example. If the "AIRT" is common used I think it wouldn't hurt to try to include also that in in this beta. I could make a PR and it's up to Dave to accept it at this late stage of the beta dev.
Thoughts? Anyone?
Håkan

Thanks for your response.

I changed the arduino code from AIRT to TempAir and now displays correctly in Opencpn 5 RC1 and other software I use.
Old 07-07-2020, 15:13   #149

Quote:
@Mattzilla..
Apart from the "AIRT" discussion is your sentence:
$WIXDR,C,25.74,C,AIRT,P,1.01547,B,BARO0*8
having a bad checksum and would not work in any case.
It would read:
$$WIXDR,C,25.74,C,AIRT,P,1.01547,B,BARO0*60
Håkan

Sorry not sure what that means. The sentences have worked before however.

PM me
Old 07-07-2020, 15:14   #150

Mattzilla..
Very good indeed!
Håkan

Tags
enc, opencpn