Version 2.5.0 is released, and available for immediate download.
The version is a major feature upgrade and maintenance
release of OpenCPN
OpenCPN is a free and OpenSource navigation
package running on Windows, linux
, and Macintosh computers
Some features of OpenCPN include:
- Quilted Raster(RNC) and Vector(ENC, cm93) digital chart display
- Industry standard GPS
receiver interfacing, with "moving map" on-screen vessel tracking.
receiver interfacing with configurable target safety
- Integrated Route
, Track, and Waypoint database, with industry standard Import/Export capabilities
- Tide and Current
prediction, with on-screen overlay of predicted data.
- Broad International Language support
OpenCPN is designed to be easy to install, configure, and use daily.
OpenCPN may be freely downloaded and installed without cost, registration
, or time limits.
New and Enhanced Features for OpenCPN Version 2.5.0
1. Per-Cell offset adjustment for cm93 charts
2. Transverse Mercator chart quilting.
3. Selectable full screen
4. Configurable lat/lon gid lines.
5. Variable screen
6. Improved Tide/Current information window.
7. Configurable "Layers" function, enabling selectable display of fixed objects.
8. Improved and extended AIS
a. Euro Inland support
b. Base Stations and ATONs
9. Selectable FullScreen display mode.
10. Integrated Route
Planner function, with Tide table support.
11. Enhanced GUI functions, with floating transparent Toolbar.
12. Several new language options.
13. Improved internal memory management.
14. Improved Autopilot
15. New Multi-leg Measurement tool.
16. Improved Vector chart symbology.
17. Improved integrated Tide/Current data accuracy.
18. Improved Route definition interface, including selectable Route colors.
19. Full conformance for all platforms, especially including Macintosh OS X.
20. Greatly improved staility on all platforms, as a result of extended Beta testing.
21. Many, many improvements in the basic User Interface, while maintaining the ease-of-use that
OpenCPN is widely known for.
1. Enhanced Dashboard PlugIn with several new instruments.
2. Enhanced GRIB PlugIn with isobar graphic depiction.
3. Extended PlugIn interface definition allowing greatly increased PlugIn functionality.
We hope you enjoy the new features of OpenCPN Version 2.5, and look forward to your continued feedback.
Download OpenCPN Version 2.5.0 at
OpenCPN | Download OpenCPN software for free at SourceForge.net
For PlugIns and other useful information, visit our support website at
OpenCPN | Official OpenCPN Homepage
The OpenCPN Development Team
Dave Register, Lead Developer <firstname.lastname@example.org>