Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2021, 08:40   #1

Opencpn to raymarine x10

Hello
Im new with raymarine and same with opencpn.
Im out to connect my computer to my raymarine x10 computer. I allready have connected my usb to rs 232 converter to my vhf to have ais and gps signal in opencpn and it works.

But how do i connect opencpn to my x10?
Have another one with this usb- rs 232 adapter and i have one of these backbone cable with blue conector in bouth ends. Can i cut this cable and splice it in with my converter and other end in with these others cables on backbone?

I have one backbone cable with nmea 2000 connector also if that helps me...

Victor
Knopfler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 13:14   #2

Boat: Najad 34
Re: Opencpn to raymarine x10

Victor..
The blues cable is probably a NMEA2000 (N2k) like the one on attached pict?
In that case it is a N2K data bus cable and unfortunately not possible to transfer data to OpenCPN. For OCPN you need a serial NMEA0183 signal. Either as a RS232/RS422 and you'll need a converter or as a direct USB connection.
First please check if there is a NMEA0183 output on the Raymarine. If so use that.

Second, it's possible to transfer some data to OCPN by a N2k to NMEA0183 converter. There are a couple of this available but no one is cheap. Here's a thread : https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...-a-175771.html
Attached Images

Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 16:02   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Victor..
The blues cable is probably a NMEA2000 (N2k) like the one on attached pict?
In that case it is a N2K data bus cable and unfortunately not possible to transfer data to OpenCPN. For OCPN you need a serial NMEA0183 signal. Either as a RS232/RS422 and you'll need a converter or as a direct USB connection.
First please check if there is a NMEA0183 output on the Raymarine. If so use that.

Second, it's possible to transfer some data to OCPN by a N2k to NMEA0183 converter. There are a couple of this available but no one is cheap. Here's a thread : https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...-a-175771.html
Tjenare Hakan. There is nmea output on x10 computer but im thinking there is some settings also that i dont know what should be. 🤔
Knopfler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 00:34   #4

Boat: Najad 34

Hej Knopfer..
Well, then it's as usual. RTFM -> You have to enjoy reading the manual for your device to learn how to use it.
If this is your device: http://busse-yachtshop.de/pdf/raymar...30-install.pdf
Read page 36 for connection diagram to a RS232-USB converter. From the DB9 *) connector use pin 5 to both "-" and pin 3 to X10 + > In and pin 2 to X10 + < out.
If you have a compass connected to the X10 the HDG, heading, and rudder angle (if applicable) will be transmitted to OCPN as well. (See the X10 manual chapter 5.)

*) https://www.db9-pinout.com/
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, marine, opencpn, raymarine