I tweaked the Route
Properties dialog into a prototype Passage
Plan. I aimed at minimizing the growth of user interface, while hopefully providing useful info.
In return for providing a fixed Departure Date the user obtains now for route
waypoints along the way:
- specific ETA at each WP
- altitude of Sun (day, twilight, night, sunrise, sunset)
- state of tide
Time display/entry can be selected between UT, current
timezone of the PC, or Local Mean Time of target waypoints (for advance planning those remote
Tide display has two modes:
- if a Tide Curve Window is open on screen
, tide data for this station (the most recently opened one) will be tabulated at all Route WPs
- otherwise, if WP name contains a name of a tide station, data for this station only will appear at this WP ETA
I plan to resolve the selection between identical names for different stations just by choosing the most nearby one.
- allow different plan speed for each leg
- include a polar speed diagram and GRIB forecast
into the plan
- include the currents data as well...