Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-06-2015, 06:00   #1

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odisseu 31
OpenCpn on OSx

Hi everybody!

I instaled OpenCPn (4.0) on my Macbook and its working very well, but when I tried to install some plugins it doesnt recognize the install folder of cpn!

In fact, I just have the OpenCPN_4.0.0.dmg file on my computer instead of a OpenCPn folder in my Applications folder.

Can you help me please?

Ocean Thanks!
vitoraposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 06:50   #2

Boat: Amel Sharki
Re: OpenCpn on OSx

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitoraposo View Post
Hi everybody!

I instaled OpenCPn (4.0) on my Macbook and its working very well, but when I tried to install some plugins it doesnt recognize the install folder of cpn!

In fact, I just have the OpenCPN_4.0.0.dmg file on my computer instead of a OpenCPn folder in my Applications folder.

Can you help me please?

Ocean Thanks!
People new to Mac OS X should know that a *.dmg file is an image file similar to a hardware storage like USB sticks or a harddrive. When mounting such an image (opening the *.dmg file in Finder) you will see the files or app bundles included in such an image.

So opening or mounting OpenCPN_4.0.0.dmg you will see the app bundle OpenCPN.app in the opened window which has to be dragged or copied to the application folder.

Sadly OpenCPN has to be installed this way for Mac OS X while the newer plugins comes now with an installer which makes things easier for people not knowing how Mac OS X works. I suggest to distribute the next release of OpenCPN with an installer also.

Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 09:03   #3

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odisseu 31
Re: OpenCpn on OSx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCode View Post
People new to Mac OS X should know that a *.dmg file is an image file similar to a hardware storage like USB sticks or a harddrive. When mounting such an image (opening the *.dmg file in Finder) you will see the files or app bundles included in such an image.

So opening or mounting OpenCPN_4.0.0.dmg you will see the app bundle OpenCPN.app in the opened window which has to be dragged or copied to the application folder.

Sadly OpenCPN has to be installed this way for Mac OS X while the newer plugins comes now with an installer which makes things easier for people not knowing how Mac OS X works. I suggest to distribute the next release of OpenCPN with an installer also.

Gerhard
Thank you very much Gerhard!...problem resolved!...its all working well now!

Living and allways learning...

vitoraposo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, opencpn