Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2016, 07:27   #16

Boat: Gemini 3200
Re: OpenCPN Dokuwiki - Comments

I no longer see the line at the top of the page telling me the page's sort order. I can still see the indexmenu string if I edit the page and I can add or change an indexmenu string with no difficulty. Is is possible to make the sort order visible for Managers or is that something only Admins can see? If you have others editing pages as Managers I think it would be helpful to them to see the sort order if possible.

Fabbian
fgd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 17:41   #17

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

fgd3

Fabbian, Thanks for your notes and thoughts, very good.

A. Please feel free to correct my very rough draft Edit User Manual - Notes to Editors part way down the page. You have made some very good comments about the need to enter edit mode in Druple6 (old) -please correct what I have written there, and also the detail about correcting internal links, as that will be needed even after I do a global S&R, etc.

B. "Is there any importance to the leading colon? The same question applies to internal links." -Perhaps not, but I would like to be consistent with the syntax for two reasons: I believe the dokuwiki syntax page shows this so it must mean something. Also there is an option for : to be turned into \ but I like this distinction between html and doku it helps with scanning links. The second reason is that I am starting to do bash find+sed search&replace on links and I don't know yet if that will screw up the searches.

C. I know you suggested to not change the media directories, which I appreciate but it is done now. With Dave's suggestion, I tested Bash Find+Sed search and replace on a second version of the Owiki http://tgp-architects.com/doku2/ and after shortening the media directory to "manual" all the images worked. So for now the images should be put into their respective bins:

dev for dev. manuals
software for sup.software
hardware for sup. hardware
manual
for user manual

Incidentally, Dokuwiki requires that the images be all lower case or they are not found, and I have noticed that on opencpn.org website they are mixed upper & lower. So make sure they are lower case before upload.
[the developers may fix this problem hopefully] but I had a script for doing all at once on the server, which I should post here.

As far as renaming and shortening other links and parts of the tree I will let that rest, and focus on corrections. I do think the length of the darn links was getting me down with all the typing and cut and paste.

D. "lot of the pages you've migrated contain links to the Drupal manual pages" Yes, true. Previously I've asked editors to fix the image links when they are migrating and pasting in, and said that we would be fixing the [[internal links]] that are currently external later. That time has come and I intend to fix as many of these links as possible a Bash Find+Sed. Fabbian do you have a good Find= Replace= for this? I have not looked at it yet and will do so tomorrow. With the correct command these links can all be working in about 5 minutes.

E. Fabbian, I hope you can help me finish the O User Manual part, we are almost there I think with just a number of pages towards the bottom to do. I'll tackle Connections next. Also if you could help others with questions when they are getting started that would be great, since you know the process, and can hopefully help guide it.

F. It would be great if others would help get the content [text] copied over for the other three books into the previously made pages, and correct the image files one by one. We can fix the internal links with Bash Find+Sed I think.

That's enough for tonight. We finally found a useful global find and replace tool, and it is not available in the Dokuwiki toolset as far as I know. See
https://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/14196 and
https://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/14285;nocount
which has led to actually being able to global S&R.

Unfortunately the find & replace in CK Edit is not active when looking at Source code.

Enough for tonight. Thanks.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 17:51   #18

This is while in the manager group:
Quote:
I no longer see the line at the top of the page telling me the page's sort order. I can still see the indexmenu string if I edit the page and I can add or change an indexmenu string with no difficulty. Is is possible to make the sort order visible for Managers or is that something only Admins can see? If you have others editing pages as Managers I think it would be helpful to them to see the sort order if possible.
I noticed this too, and I agree with you. I will post a request. There was a parameter that I had add have Managers recognized.
https://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/54758
https://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/54756 <-- the answer.
unchecked the "only_admins" parameter in Indexmenu Plugin configuration.
Old 08-12-2016, 18:15   #19

Internal Links can be changed globally with Bash find+sed

GPS Setup and Status [Opencpn]
The very first link takes you back to a Drupal manual page. It points to
Code:
Code:
 http://opencpn.org/ocpn/Start_gps-setup
It needs to be changed to point to

Code:
Code:
opencpn:pencpn_user_manual:getting_started:gps_setup
======================

Find:
Code:
http://opencpn.org/ocpn/
Replace:
Code:
[[:pencpn;pencpn_user_manual
From the public_html directory:
Code:
-sh-4.1$ find  doku2/data/pages/opencpn/opencpn_user_manual -name \*.txt -exec sed -i  "s/\http://opencpn.org/ocpn/\/{{:opencpn:manual/g" {} \;
The reverse slash \ is put after the two / separators due to the http slashes, so Bash knows what is intended. I'm going to try testing this on the test doku2 after backing it up with a tar.

Then the tricky part is to find the rest of that path and make it all lower case with "_" wherever there is a [space]. I do not know if that should be a separate operation, but I think it should be all one operation probably. Maybe Dave has some ideas.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:52   #20

Boat: tanker

Hy , sory for off topic , but please, help me for getting the source code OpenCpn ! I want compiling code in Windows , Visual Studio ! Thanks
tedmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 17:45   #21

tedmichael, Look in the Dev Manual there are instructions for Linux, Win, Mac.
If you need to post at some point, start a new thread starting with Dev Build [OS] etc.

Here's the link, good luck and welcome to the community. You'll find good support here I believe. Developer's Guide | Official OpenCPN Homepage
Old 09-12-2016, 17:50   #22

Silly Screw up - O wiki

This afternoon, I did something silly, tried changing two things in configuration at once and lost the CSS formatting and something else. So please be patient, I'll get it back.

I have a tar file and also two backups. One is my online test back
Code:
doku2
So there is some way to solve this. I just want to find out from the pros what I should do,and learn more how it works. I could just copy this backup over.
Old 09-12-2016, 17:53   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
B. "Is there any importance to the leading colon? The same question applies to internal links." -Perhaps not, but I would like to be consistent with the syntax for two reasons: I believe the dokuwiki syntax page shows this so it must mean something.

Actually it's not in the Dokuwiki syntax page. I have no idea where it came from. I picked it up from your instructions. Nowhere in the syntax page does the string [: or {: appear.

Quote:
Also there is an option for : to be turned into \ but I like this distinction between html and doku it helps with scanning links. The second reason is that I am starting to do bash find+sed search&replace on links and I don't know yet if that will screw up the searches.
Seems like the solution would be to search for [: and replace it with [ and to search for {: and replace with { in order to be consistent with the DW syntax page.

Quote:
Incidentally, Dokuwiki requires that the images be all lower case or they are not found, and I have noticed that on opencpn.org website they are mixed upper & lower. So make sure they are lower case before upload.
[the developers may fix this problem hopefully] but I had a script for doing all at once on the server, which I should post here.
Not true. Dokuwiki interprets upper case names as lower case. If you upload an upper case file name it gets saved as lower case and an upper case file name in a link will find the lowercase file name in the media directory. It's pretty much a non-issue because DW basically ignores case.

Quote:
D. "lot of the pages you've migrated contain links to the Drupal manual pages" Yes, true. Previously I've asked editors to fix the image links when they are migrating and pasting in, and said that we would be fixing the [[internal links]] that are currently external later. That time has come and I intend to fix as many of these links as possible a Bash Find+Sed. Fabbian do you have a good Find= Replace= for this? I have not looked at it yet and will do so tomorrow. With the correct command these links can all be working in about 5 minutes.
No, they can't be working in 5 minutes. The links I am talking about are links to other Drupal manual pages that currently do not exist in the DW manual.

Quote:
E. Fabbian, I hope you can help me finish the O User Manual part, we are almost there I think with just a number of pages towards the bottom to do. I'll tackle Connections next. Also if you could help others with questions when they are getting started that would be great, since you know the process, and can hopefully help guide it.
I plan to continue working on the User Manual and I'm happy to help with questions.

Fabbian
Old 09-12-2016, 18:12   #24

My approach to search and replace is to copy all the code to Notepad (or Notepad++), do the search and replace, then copy everything back to DW edit. I've found it helps with some of the formatting issues but is less useful with the filename modifications because there are few fixed strings in the Drupal user manual links.

Fabbian
Old 09-12-2016, 20:10   #25

Namespace Syntax / Format

Fabbian, good point about Firefox + ItsAllText addon + Notepad++ search and replace, which is very good and easy for one namespace / page. I'll use it more often now. See https://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/54428

I had to think hard about the [[pencpnpencpn_user_manual links and finally came up with the page I had seen about Namespaces https://www.dokuwiki.org/namespaces

See third example down
Quote:
ns1:ns2:example
:ns1:ns2:example
It appears both are acceptable. It also appears that I have been doing all links as absolute paths. I am not sure what is best. Yes we could do a search and replace to make things standard, once we know there aren't some special cases.

Quote:
Paths are absolute if and only if they begin with “/”.
Links are absolute if and only if they have a “:” prefix or have no prefix but do have intermediate (or suffix) “:”
Links relative to the current namespace may also begin with either “.” or “.:” (“..” or “..:” for parent namespace).
I also read about Renaming Namespaces further down, there's metadata that needs to be cleaned up. What a pain. There's a Move Plugin, that might be doing that but it does not do any recursive stuff, like find+sed.

So a word to the wise, we are finding out that we select our namespaces carefully and try not to change them!!!

Thanks for your thoughtful notes and all your help. At least I'm still learning.
Old 09-12-2016, 20:13   #26

Quote:
Not true. Dokuwiki interprets upper case names as lower case. If you upload an upper case file name it gets saved as lower case and an upper case file name in a link will find the lowercase file name in the media directory. It's pretty much a non-issue because DW basically ignores case.
How nice! Earlier I was having trouble with this and pointed it out. They must have fixed it.

Quote:
No, they can't be working in 5 minutes. The links I am talking about are links to other Drupal manual pages that currently do not exist in the DW manual.
Darn, more work. I hope I can make a Find + Sed search and replace that will help, after we make sure there are companion pages. It may require some manual editing of each link for the last half...

Do you think we should fill out the entire set of pages under the O User Manual "Book" / "Namespace" first before doing the internal links?
Old 09-12-2016, 20:33   #27

I asked the question on the forum https://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/54820
Old 10-12-2016, 06:48   #28

Fabbian,
This morning I've been methodically working on getting the CSS back on our active wiki with the help of Myron Turner, but it does not seem to be working. See https://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/14298

I may need to copy over our backup version to get a fully working wiki. I may be able to keep the documents and just copy the dokuwiki structure, I have to find out from Myron.

The point is however that if I must copy the documents and structure, we are missing one hour of work. By comparing the Recent Changes pages, it seems to be this work of yours:
Quote:
which seems to span an hour. Can you recall what was done and how extensive or difficult it is to repeat? I am sorry if we loose this and will try not to!
Old 10-12-2016, 07:15   #29

Fabbian,
I have almost got it working now, (when in CONFIG, I forgot to scroll to the bottom and pick SAVE, and instead picked ADMIN at the top) creating this problem.

So if you ever go into CONFIG don't forget... Hit SAVE at the bottom or there will be trouble with CSS Fatal Error.

Now I have to get Indexmenu working, so don't do any work yet. Please.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:20   #30

Dokuwiki: When in CONFIG always pick SAVE at the bottom, not Admin at the top

Fabbian
Some success -See https://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/54827

Now I have to get IndexMenu Plugin working, so don't work on the Owiki yet please.

Thanks

Tags
enc, men, opencpn