Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-02-2012, 02:38   #16

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: OpenCPN Coding

willi...
As you can see, they are exactly the same as in my little armel chroot, so you have all you need. Now that you finally hopefully installed all the dependencies, remove CMakeCache.txt in the build directory to make sure cmake scans everything again and run
Code:
cmake ..
cmake --build .
I'm wondering what source have you been building - in the current git code, there's no reference to myiso8211.h

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 08:46   #17
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Vagabond 47

pavel..
ok so far I've added the base-unicode-debug and gtk-unicode-debug packages and got a working opencpn/build project so far... build and run with eclipse was ok but I didn't find an entry point for debugging...

next for the weekend will be to create the whole opencpn directory as a single project...
I think this is how it should be... and I'm sure I'll get line by line stepping to work.

An this is the point where I can learn to understand how and what you have coded to obtain the same standards with my tiny plugin...

I'll post again on monday with my efforts...
Thank you so far and a nice weekend

willi
moseriw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 08:58   #18

willi...
All I can say is: Do not do what you just wrote you are going to do.
You will have endless problems with any change we will make to the codebase if you will not use the cmake generated projects directly.
What I suggest you to do: Switch to CodeBlocks. It's about zillion times easier to use for C++ development with wxWidgets.

Wish you luck

Pavel
Old 17-02-2012, 10:05   #19
Marine Service Provider

Pavel..
well.. seems that was what I wanted to hear... you say code::blocks and I'll use it. I dont have any problem using a special IDE but frankly spoken: vim or nano is too much hardcore for me...
Yes I prefer mc and mcedit on the commandline for shell scripts and perl but not even for php...

And I do not understand guys like you... I love step by step debuging with a bunch of informations around...

will start with codeblocks tomorrow and I'll drop a not on monday...

greetings to Praha - willi
Old 17-02-2012, 10:11   #20

willi...
Good to hear All you need is to again follow the build instructions as normally and in the configure step use
Code:
cmake -G "CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles" ..
then in the CodeBlocks IDE open OpenCpn.cbp from the build directory, select "opencpn" in the build target combo in the toolbar and hit F9

Pavel
Old 20-02-2012, 01:29   #21
Marine Service Provider

Pavel...

Well yes Code::Blocks is really a fantastic IDE. I'm moaning a little about step by step debugging and the informations but I think I'll configure it properly after learning how to handle CB properly.

My plans:
First of all I do have to finish the message fetching daemon. Besides this I now have the option to implement the GUI accordingly.

To be on the save side I give myself about 2-3 month as I have to coordinate an include the radio operators and hardware builders efforts.

Unfortunately - you know it - it takes it's time but I think the result will be a WOW becouse it is an attempt to simplify communications to intuitive usage.

I think you are my "line in" to the developers community of OpenCPN and I will be back as soon as I have the plugin ready for approval.

Thank you for your perfect guidance again - willi
Old 20-02-2012, 01:37   #22

willi...
If you will get stuck with anything, just let us know. BTW, if you want something to design the wxWidgets based GUI, have a look at http://wxformbuilder.org/ - could save you quite some time. And remember, the earlier you release your code, the earlier you get some feedback. Github is the choice of most of us.

Pavel
Old 26-04-2012, 15:41   #23
Marine Service Provider

Hello Nohal,
as time goes by...
what I have got is a plugin as '"Viewer" of Navtex,WEFax, RadioTelex and SatImages.
Nothing to mention by now - it shows demo-data on a tabbed window with a message list for each section and a text/imagebox + a second window as imageviewer.

It'll take some time to adopt the daemon with the Transceivers. I'll revert as soon as I have reasonable results.

But mention... this Addon will only work with the appropriate hardware I am going to build.. so nothing for common use.

You should really drop me a note with your email at moser-willi.at/contact
I really dont want to discuss details over here.

greetings to Prague

-- willi
Old 27-04-2012, 15:02   #24

Boat: Wasa 410

Willi,
I may have missed something, but Navtex is just straight forward NMEA messages are they not?
So that part should work with all kinds of Navtex receivers.

Am I wrong?

I like the idea of having Navtex as a plug-in. Maybe it is possible to get the messages regarding a specific "item" displayed overlayed on the chart at the specific position of the mark?
Like a message that a mark is lost or so?
Or when you are within a certain range of a position indicated in a navtex message, a button is shown on the position which shows the message at a mouse over or something.

What are you planning?

/Jonas
jonasaberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 06:51   #25
Marine Service Provider

No Jonas,

it is definitively not NMEA it is RTTY 50/85 and has to be demodulated.
And sorry Jonas I can not answer to "what are you planning".

What I can say is really a good thing. I want to earn money with this and enable skippers to buy a unit for about 15% of the price they pay for the components AND to work intuitve with the GUI with things that work out of the box without a hell of a lot of finetuning.

BUT I think I cann announce to results an the roadmap in autumn. So please stay tuned I will post a link with detailed informations as soon as everything is prepared.

fair winds n clear skies - willi

p.s.: It's not what you're talking about - it's what your doing that counts.

Tags
opencpn