Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2017, 07:23   #31

Boat: crowther trimaran 33
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 4.5.201

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
I have had a few crashes, and after a few attempts, managed to catch one...

Scenario...looking at the Chesapeake Bay Entrance using vector charts(chart group), then switching to raster charts (chart group) for the same area. The crash came about 5 s after the change.

Attachment 140543

Thomas
Can you reproduce the crash? Does it always crash in the same place? Could you comment out line 222 in glTexCache.cpp?

Does the crash occur without texture compression?
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:31   #32

Boat: 10.50 mètres

hello dave,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
hello Dave,
I try grib plugin with O4.5.
Not shure, because my screen is not a little screen, but I think that the window is too high. It's impossible to change this with the mouse.
I cancel and replace post # 27.
I stole the tablet windows 10, with a screen 10 inches from the bosco of my boat!

I installed O4.5.201 on this tablet. No problem with the window of the Grib.

Sorry to have disturb you.
B.R. Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:10   #33

Boat: Gemini 3200

I've got 4.5.127 running on Ubuntu 14.04. Why can't I upgrade to 4.5.201?

I thought the upgrade would be automatic. When I try "sudo apt-get install opencpn" I'm told the version I have installed is the latest one. What am I missing?

Fabbian
fgd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:27   #34
Marine Service Provider

Fabbian...

You are doing everything just right, but....

We had build errors on the Beta Ubuntu PPAs for 4.5.201.
I did not update and rebuild the PPA, since to do so burns a version number, and Ubuntu is very picky about this.

We should have a new version tonight.

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:36   #35

Boat: Gemini 3200

OK. Thanks. I was afraid I had forgotten how to update from a PPA.

Fabbian
fgd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 14:41   #36

Boat: Dufour 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
Can you reproduce the crash? Does it always crash in the same place? Could you comment out line 222 in glTexCache.cpp?

Does the crash occur without texture compression?
Yes I can reproduce the crash.
Click image for larger version

Name:	oesenc8.png
Views:	91
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	140647

Name:	oesenc9.png
Views:	95
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	140648
Quote:
Does it always crash in the same place?
Not, geographically, if that's what you mean?

Still get a crash with the commented out line.

Name:	oesenc10.png
Views:	96
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	140649
Still get a crash with without text compression, mentioned code line not commented out.

Name:	oesenc11.png
Views:	100
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	140650

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 16:38   #37

Thomas,

I am getting crashes now too. Could you please revert:
d38cc0100ba10025046b2e62ffbeee3a86dade32

I think this caused it.
Old 03-02-2017, 18:36   #38

Boat: Dehler, Cruising 41 - BEBECA
Send a message via Skype™ to deltasig

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Fabbian...

You are doing everything just right, but....

We had build errors on the Beta Ubuntu PPAs for 4.5.201.
I did not update and rebuild the PPA, since to do so burns a version number, and Ubuntu is very picky about this.

We should have a new version tonight.

Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave,
I'm trying to build 4.5.201 for OrangePi PC+ running Armbian 5.25 Ubuntu Xenial 16.04.1 and I wonder if the build error are related to my problem.
First thing I run into trouble with was the creation of "local GLU" in two places and of course the second add_subdirectory(src/glu) (CMakeLists.txt line 397) created a problem. Figuring that this statement was not necessary there (since the local/GLU is created in all paths leading to line 397), I commented it out. The cmake went to completion. The make complained about some libraries and header files that were not visible directly from /usr/include; I had to link the whole directory of /usr/include/glib-2.0 directly to /usr/include and same thing for pango-1.0! strange but it worked.
The make stopped with error linking opencpn:
/usr/bin/ld: libWXSVG.a(SVGCanvasTextCairo.cpp.o): undefined reference to symbol 'pango_font_description_set_style'
I did a "readelf -Ws /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpango-1.0.so.0 and sure enough "pango_font_description_set_style" was defined in the library.
Any and all pointers would be appreciated. Follows the trailing end of the make.

[ 37%] Linking CXX executable opencpn
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/c++ -pthread -O3 -DNDEBUG CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/chart1.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/bbox.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ocpn_pixel.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ocpndc.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/chartdb.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/chartdbs.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/chartimg.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ChartDataInputStream.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/chcanv.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ocpCursor.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TCWin.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/S57QueryDialog.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/GoToPositionDialog.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/CM93DSlide.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/RolloverWin.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ChInfoWin.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/AISTargetQueryDialog.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/AIS_Bitstring.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/AISTargetListDialog.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/AISTargetAlertDialog.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/AIS_Decoder.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/AIS_Target_Data.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/OCPNListCtrl.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/Quilt.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/Hyperlink.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/NavObjectCollection.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/RoutePoint.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/Route.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/Track.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/SelectItem.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/Select.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/FontMgr.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/FontDesc.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/OCPNSoundData.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/OCPN_Sound.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/NMEALogWindow.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TTYWindow.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TTYScroll.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/SendToGpsDlg.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/Layer.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/concanv.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/cutil.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/georef.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/navutil.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/routeman.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/routemanagerdialog.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/routeprop.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/routeprintout.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/PositionParser.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/printtable.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/piano.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/tcmgr.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/Station_Data.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/IDX_entry.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TCDataFactory.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TCDS_Ascii_Harmonic.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TCDS_Binary_Harmonic.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TCDataSource.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/thumbwin.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/options.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/gshhs.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/kml.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/undo.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/about.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ais.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/pluginmanager.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/gpxdocument.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/wxJSON/jsonwriter.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/wxJSON/jsonreader.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/wxJSON/jsonval.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/styles.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/toolbar.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/compass.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/geodesic.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/datastream.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/OCPN_DataStreamEvent.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ConnectionParams.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/OCP_DataStreamInput_Thread.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/multiplexer.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/pugixml.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/OCPNRegion.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/LLRegion.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TrackPropDlg.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/LinkPropDlg.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ssl/sha1.c.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/viewport.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/canvasMenu.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/OCPNPlatform.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/FlexHash.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/crashprint.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/glChartCanvas.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/glTextureDescriptor.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/glTexCache.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/glTextureManager.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TexFont.cpp.o -o opencpn -L/home/deltasig/OpenCPN/build -L/home/deltasig/OpenCPN/build/lib -rdynamic libNMEA0183.a -lportaudio libWXCURL.a -lcurl libWXSVG.a libS57ENC.a libGARMINHOST.a libSYMBOLS.a libTEXCMP.a libMIPMAP.a -L/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf -pthread -lwx_baseu_net-3.0 -lwx_baseu_xml-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_html-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_aui-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_core-3.0 -lwx_baseu-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_gl-3.0 lib/libGLU.a -lbz2 -lz -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lXext -ltinyxml -llzma -ldl -lelf -lcairo -lexpat
/usr/bin/ld: libWXSVG.a(SVGCanvasTextCairo.cpp.o): undefined reference to symbol 'pango_font_description_set_style'
//usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpango-1.0.so.0: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/build.make:2563: recipe for target 'opencpn' failed
make[2]: *** [opencpn] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/deltasig/OpenCPN/build'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:503: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/deltasig/OpenCPN/build'
Makefile:152: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
deltasig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 20:45   #39
ejs

Boat: Leopard 48

I'm having the same issue as Deltasig but on an OrangePiPlus2 running Debian Jessie V 5.25. I have successfully compiled OpenCPN on this system before, Versions 4.4 and another 4.5 snapshot from about 3 months ago so I suspect something recently changed.

Eric
ejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 21:15   #40
Marine Service Provider

DeltaSig & ejs...

Try building with SVG disabled. That should give you some clues.

From CMakeLists.txt:
Code:
OPTION(OCPN_USE_SVG "Use SVG graphics" ON)

IF(OCPN_USE_SVG)
  MESSAGE(STATUS "SVG support enabled...")
Good Luck
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 00:11   #41
ejs

Boat: Leopard 48

Hi,

I edited CMakelists.txt to change SVG to OFF.
cmake completed normally but make failed in the linking stage as follows.

usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLU_static
CmakeFiles/opencpn.dir/build.make:2456: recipe for target 'opencpn' failed
etc.

let me know if more complete info would be helpful.

Eric
ejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:55   #42

Boat: Jeanneau Sunshine 36

Beginner's luck ?
For the first time ever, I compiled O 4.5.201 last night (U Xenial on an amd64 machine) and it went without a hitch... (just had to add several missing packages)
sailorF54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:13   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorF54 View Post
Beginner's luck ?
For the first time ever, I compiled O 4.5.201 last night (U Xenial on an amd64 machine) and it went without a hitch... (just had to add several missing packages)
Did you, by any chance, try "make package" and tried to install and run the deb package on the same or another machine?

Thank you
Old 04-02-2017, 06:32   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs View Post
Hi,

I edited CMakelists.txt to change SVG to OFF.
cmake completed normally but make failed in the linking stage as follows.

usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLU_static
CmakeFiles/opencpn.dir/build.make:2456: recipe for target 'opencpn' failed
etc.

let me know if more complete info would be helpful.

Eric
This is a completely different problem from svg.

Somehow it's not building the glu static library... so yes, show the complete cmake output. Is it finding GLESv1 ?? We may need to tweak things now that the raspberry pi uses big gl, but all the other arm boards are using gles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorF54 View Post
Beginner's luck ?
I tried with arm64 a few months ago, and it also went pretty good, but there are very strange bugs for this new platform. The strange behavior exists in all wxwidgets programs for example, but mostly opencpn works fine.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:50   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
DeltaSig & ejs...

Try building with SVG disabled. That should give you some clues.

From CMakeLists.txt:
Code:
OPTION(OCPN_USE_SVG "Use SVG graphics" ON)

IF(OCPN_USE_SVG)
  MESSAGE(STATUS "SVG support enabled...")
Good Luck
Dave
Thank you Dave,
I run with "Use SVG graphics" OFF and the same problem hit another program:

/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/glChartCanvas.cpp.o: undefined reference to symbol 'glColorMask'
//usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mesa/libGL.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/build.make:2560: recipe for target 'opencpn' failed
make[2]: *** [opencpn] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/deltasig/OpenCPN/build'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:433: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/deltasig/OpenCPN/build'
Makefile:152: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

the symbol glColorMask is in the /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mesa/libGL.so.1

Could it be related to the length of the path to the library or to the way the path is formed (notice the double / in front of the path)?

DS

Tags
enc, opencpn