Version 3.3 Beta Build 604 will soon be available for download from opencpn
the opencpn.org Downloads page to find and download the latest Beta version binaries.....
Source is available now on github at:
1. Improve User manual image file structure.
2. Correct FS#975
3. Fix DSC
target position calculations near equator. Thanks ChuckSK
4. Correct Dutch localization files.
5. Various large and small refactorings for improved code maintainability Thanks to Mario Konrad
6. Make MOB
7. Update anchor
watch sound on sound file change (FS#980)
8. Correct for fault on some unexpected light sector descriptions (FS#974)
9. Improve default directory selection in portable execution mode.
10. Correct PlugIn
API 1.9 to export useful georeferencing utility functions.
11. Ensure default AIS
and AnchorWatch alarm
sounds are defined
12. Force Refresh() after Ctrl-B to ensure screen
13. Correct S57 Object Query dialog visibility on Mac (FS#988)
14. Correct Mac Info.plist to include bundle name, allowing Force Quit entry.
15. Add red "X" to indicate invisible waypoints in routemanagerdialog.
16. Correct various dialog focus issues on Mac platform.
17. Extend checking and handling of malformed ENC
geometry records (FS#995, FS#997)
18. Update HDT watchdog on synthetic HDT events
19. Correctly update position fix FixTime value sent to PlugIns
20. On Windows, prevent multiple cuncurrent instances of OpenCPN unless using portable (-p) option.
21. Allow export of multiple selected navobjects from the route
manager at the same time.
22. In routemanagerdialog, when a route
is turned visible, always make all the shared waypoints visible.
23. Make the real size AIS
target shape ECDIS spec compliant.
24. Major update the GRIB PlugIn
. Thanks to Sean & Jean-Pierre.
25. Correct initial visibility of layer waypoints.
26, Correct duplicate layer waypoint loading to RouteManagerDialog list.
27. Correct potential pan key runaway on long SENC creation.
28. Improve quilt logic regarding ENC
cell inclusion criteria (FS#???)
29. Improve serial
port read/write logic for better thread safety
30. Implement Windows semi-automatic Crash Reporting scheme.
31. Correct Windows virtual serial
port access methods for XPort bug.
32. Improve S57 ENC processing of non-English character sets
33. Correct ENC cell duplication quilt logic, esp. for ENC_HOLLAND
34. Liberalize quilted S57 ENC cell inclusion logic factor.
35. Implement PlugIn API 1.10 Route/Waypoint management methods.
36. Update PlugIn API 1.10 utility functions
37. Set Minimum Size for AIS Target List (FS#1002)
38. Add simple sound file support to PlugIn API 1.10
39. Correct processing for some poorly formed ENC records, especially Holland
40. Implement pugiXML for improved navobj file performance
41. Implmement command line option to disable OpenGL
42. Implement a hotkey (Ctrl+I) to hide/show GPS
status indicator - (FS#1001)
43. Implement the possibility to drop waypoint on the current
position of an AIS target
44. Implement (M)ARPA radar
targets tracking (TTM and TLL sentences) and AIS-like display
45. Implement optional APRS position report tracking (uses WPL sentence) and AIS-like display (FS#964)
46. Improve track and layer logic to improve performance with large tracks.
47. Improve NavObjChanges logic to avoid potential for infinite fault on restart.
48. Implement a hotkey (Ctrl-N) to activate next waypoint in the active route (FS#1010)
49. Populate the filename of exported navobjects (FS#1005)
50. Implement font color selection on wxGTK (FS#898)
51. Implement configurable OwnshipCOGPredictor width (FS#617) and AIS target GOG predictor width.
52. Implement deletion confirmation in route manager (FS#616)
53. Improve Windows serial port enumeration logic to include Bluetooth SPP ports
This is a major upgrade to large parts
of the internal "plumbing" of OpenCPN. I expect some regression issues, so please exercise your favorite edge cases thoroughly.
30. Semi-automatic Crash reporting for Windows.
Occasionally we get reports of crashes in the field which are not reproducible. This change allows the
creation and export of a Crash Report file, which may be sent to the developers for post mortem analysis.
It works like this:
a. Install and run OpenCPN normally. You will see no difference unless a crash occurs.
b. If a crash occurs, you will be presented with a new dialog that says "OpenCPN has stopped working"
c. Choose "What does the report contain", then the button "Export"
d. Save the .zip file, and post the resulting file to the Forum.
Please note that the "Send Report" option is not (yet) implemented, so NOTHING WILL HAPPEN if you choose this option.
Also, for fun, you may test this option by the keystroke Alt-F12. This will induce a benign crash, and give you a chance to see what it will look like before the real thing happens.
40 & 46.
This is a substantial refactoring of the XML utility functions and drawing logic for improved performance of layers and large tracks. Please load and test your favorite huge tracks and layers. The goal here is to reasonably suport large track objects without serious performance degradation.
53. Bluetooth users please take note, and test accordingly.
Thanks, and happy testing