After a somewhat protracted interval.....
Version 3.1 Beta Build 1105 will soon be available for download from opencpn
the opencpn.org Downloads page to find and download the latest Beta version binaries.....
Source is available now on github at:
56. Add "A" hotkey for ENC anchor
details. Thanks to nkiesel
57. Improve AIS
icons for vessel NUC, anchored, RAM, etc. Thanks jesperwe
58. Correct message text in GRIB PlugIn.(FS#888)
59. Restructure Context Menus to "Focused Context Menus" JesperWe
60. Extend cm93 coverage to 80 degrees N.
61. Enable full object query for locations with S57 ENC
62. Implement ownship sizing dialog, including GPS
63. Complete redesign of Dashboard PlugIn graphics. Thanks, sethdart.
64. Implement new intelligent dynamic tracking algorithm.
65. Correct AIS
target rendering on skewed raster charts
66. Implement new DataSources architecture.
67. Expand PlugIn API Version 1.9 to include some useful cartographic functions
68. Render Euro Inland AIS targets with slightly different color ("Teal")
69. Add ConfirmObjectDeletion checkbox to Options->User Interface.
70. Convert OpenGL structure to new (wx2.9+) format.
71. Add basic support for Mac Retina display (FS#868)
59. New Context menu structure, requiring no complicated two-step pull-downs.
60. For those needing cm93 coverage to =/- 80 latitude, this will require a manual database rebuild
61. Test on Austrian ENCs, Edition 5
63. Check this out. Very nice and modern looking new graphics on Dashboard.
66. This is the big one for this Beta, and for 3.2. Complete redesign of NMEA
message handling structure, including a new GUI and monitor
window. This new scheme provides extensive NMEA
management capabilities, including:
-Input message filtering, by TALKER ID and/or message type.
-Virtually unlimited input port multiplexing, with shared I/O and individual data rate settings.
-Selective message echo capability, similar to third-party mux applications.
-Programmable output port messages, for e.g. autopilot
-Full Network input and output, including TCP, UDP, and GPSD services.
-GPSD client support for Windows platforms.
The key point to keep in mind as you work
with this new setup is the complete orthogonality between message sources, message destinations, and transport media. All messages come and go from an internal "buss", and all internal modules have access to all messages. Any message can be received, and possibly re-transmitted according to the configuration established. If the messages get onto the buss, O will do the right thing, and we really don't need to be especially concerned about their internal disposition. For example, if it is an AIS message, the AIS module will get the message and act accordingly. PlugIns also get all messages.
The new Connections UI may be intimidating to new users. Any comments regarding the work
flow and user messages in the dialogs will be most welcome.
As an assist to startup of this and subsequent versions, O will attempt to convert from a previous (3.0.x) GPS/AIS/Autopilot configuration to the new (3.2.x) internal format automatically. Simple one, two, or three port configs should be detected correctly, and the Connections dialog will be pre-loaded with the equivalent 3.2.x configuration. Please make note of any problems you see in this auto-upgrade logic, to help head
off upgrade issues in the field by less experienced users.
We are very close to "Feature Freeze" for OpenCPN Version 3.2.
We welcome comments regarding features that you may have been expecting in 3.2, but that somehow fell off the (huge) list. There is still time....
As you might realize, there is a large number of new translatable messages in the .po files. Please feel free to begin translations as you like. We will begin integrating the new translations on the next Beta.
Extra special thanks to jesperwe, sethdart, and nohal for their massive contributions to this Beta, and subsequent release. It is really amazing what can happen when we quadruple our development resources....
Thanks for your continued testing support!