Version 4.2.1706 Beta will soon be available for download from opencpn
the opencpn.org Downloads page to find and download the latest Beta version binaries.....
Source is available now on github at:
1. Correct georef of non-WGS84 raster charts
in DC mode. (FS#2054)
2. Correct fault in DC mode during repaint of empty route
while being created.
3. Correct incompatible PlugIn dialog display logic.
4. Recognize and apply manual screen
size configuration on startup.
5. Improve ConsoleCanvas active route
mouse dynamics, and persist mode in config. (FS#1990)
6. Allow waypoint names longer than 6 characters by manual config file edit. Thanks adwuk....
7. Improve chart zoom detail level control behavior.
8. Correct action when starting route creation near existing waypoint (FS#2028)
9. Correct context menu when AIS
targets are disabled. (FS#1811)
10. Implement support for GRIB V2.
11. Add ENC
Object Query to AIS
context menu when appropriate. (FS#1817)
12. Do not Alert on CPA incursion for AIS Base Stations (FS#1804) (FS#1749)
13. Correctly terminate/restart edited network connection (FS#2062)/(FS#1962)
14. Correct Waypoint Properties Dialog icon drop-down list height (FS#2000)
15. Correct Toolbar focus loss on some linux
systems (FS#1889) (FS#1750)
16. Correct Mark Properties Dialog CMD-C key action (FS#1988)
17. Correct loss of UI focus after RoutePrintDialog end (FS#2069)
18. Improve date print format for Tide/Current window (FS#2070)
19. Correct toolbar icon logic for rapidly repeated left clicks. (FS#1991)
This Release is primarily a bug-fix/maintenance update.
Most of the issues addressed are discussed and described in the Flyspray Bug Tracker.
This is one new feature, however. The integrated GRIB PlugIn now supports GRIB V2 format files. This update enables some new sources for worldwide GRIB data from a variety of sources. Please exercise all of the GRIB features heavily.
Our main intent for this Beta series is to:
a) Validate the bug fixes described above.
b) Validate the new GRIB v2 functionality.
c) Watch carefully for unexpected regressions against OCPN V4.2.0
We plan to make one or two Beta test cycles, as necessary, and release this update as OpenCPN V4.2.2000 in about two weeks time.
Please check and clear your Flyspray tasks as appropriate.