Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2020, 04:38   #1

Boat: Prout Snowgoose 35
OpenCPN 5 zooming

I use OpenCPN 5 on a touchscreen that unfortunately doesn't allow for gestured zooming. I have to instead rely on the +/- buttons in the bottom righthand corner.

Is there a way to change the amount these zoom in a single throw? I find that they zoom in either too much or out too far.

I was wondering there's a zoom distance setting for them in an ini file or similar?
mikedefieslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 16:04   #2

Boat: Najad 34
Re: OpenCPN 5 zooming

Without a keyboard there's no decreased zoom function available. With a keyboard a pressed left alt-key while +/- zoom will support that effect.

If it's not your screen capability itself that lacks the function: There's a option in Options->User Interface->Enable Touchscreen interface. I don't have such a screen so haven't tried. But you may test?
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 19:24   #3

Boat: Prout Snowgoose 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Without a keyboard there's no decreased zoom function available. With a keyboard a pressed left alt-key while +/- zoom will support that effect.

If it's not your screen capability itself that lacks the function: There's a option in Options->User Interface->Enable Touchscreen interface. I don't have such a screen so haven't tried. But you may test?
I think you've misunderstood.

OpenCPN 5 has zoom buttons in the bottom righthand corner of the interface next to the scale. Click the + one and it will zoom in, click the - and it zoom out.

The reason for my post, is that I find the throw i.e the distance they zoom in or out on a single click, touch, press, tap or whatever, to be too great.

This throw distance must be coded in somewhere, so I'm wondering if it's possible to change it.
mikedefieslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 00:12   #4

Boat: Valiant 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedefieslife View Post
I think you've misunderstood.

OpenCPN 5 has zoom buttons in the bottom righthand corner of the interface next to the scale. Click the + one and it will zoom in, click the - and it zoom out.

The reason for my post, is that I find the throw i.e the distance they zoom in or out on a single click, touch, press, tap or whatever, to be too great.

This throw distance must be coded in somewhere, so I'm wondering if it's possible to change it.
No, it's not possible to change it.

If you have a touch screen try enabling the touch interface in options. Maybe pinch zoom will work. It depends on the system whether that works or not.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, opencpn