Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2017, 18:06   #91

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: ODraw - 1.3 beta

Jon,
PIL in Windows 10 allows adding and creating multiple index lines. change color, etc.
When I move either point of the PIL all the index lines move too. GOOD.

Don't know if there is anything else to test. Gillle has something I don't quite understand.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:07   #92

Boat: Richter 42

Hi Gilletarom,
I have fixed 1.

2 & 3 the icon is the icon, it does not get rotated with the line. So in your case with the icon point up to the left it will always do that. If you want/need to the icon to rotate with the line that will have to be an enhancement (next release?).

I will put the fix out soon.

Regards
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello Jongough,

I am a little available to test the OD1.4.

Some details immediately visible:

1 ° I created a PIL. According to the preferences of OD, the icon of the starting point is an arrow and that of the end point also.
But as long as the initial point of the center line is associated with the boat, one sees only the icon of the boat.
I therefore dissociated the initial point from the centerline and the boat. In this case, the start point icon is not an arrow. See the screenshot below

2 ° When a PIL is created, the icon of the end of the center line, ie the arrow, is not aligned with the center line. (No screenshot attached to this observation). Why ? ok, it i an icon ...

3. When changing the direction of the center line, the direction of the center line changes, it is normal, but the direction of the icon of the end point does not change. Is this normal? is it because it is only an icon ? See the same screenshot below.

B.R. Gilletarom.
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:04   #93

Hi Gilletarom,
I think I have fixed this now. So when a PIL does not have the boat as the starting point and you move an index line you can find it again and you can delete individual lines.

Regards
Jon

Quote:
Jongough,

If the boat is associated whith the initial point of parallell index line, it is possible to create or destroyed parallell line as we want. This is Ok.

If the initial point of the index line and the boat are not associated, it is possible to create many parallells lines if we want. It is possible to destroy all the index line and, simultaneaously all the parallell lines BUT it is impossible to destroye only one of these parallels lines.This is not good for me.

Gilletarom.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:03   #94

Jon, I've been using EBL and PIL in the new version. (not updated since Gille wrote).

I like all the choices in EBL properties when attached to the boat. Very nice. Have tried most of them, but need a moving boat. I think show path direction arrow will work when I have the boat moving?

Always show EBL is good. I want to try rotate with boat by heading or cog. Show perp line is good, works great.

EBL is quite easy to use and flexible as is PIL.

I have also been messing with PIL and properties etc. Would it make sense to have the first PIL Index line be to PORT and the second one to Starboard and color them automatically? Or does that preset the use too much?

I would like to have a choice to reattach to the moving boat if you can do it.

I'll download the update in the next day. Thanks for the improvements!
Old 09-06-2017, 15:02   #95

Hi Redog,
1: In the OD properties dialog you can setup how the first PIL offset line is displayed (and the default settings for all of them). If you want more offset lines just right click on the PIL centre line and select "add index line" and you will get a new index line drawn where you have set the defaults. If you do not move the first line the new line will be drawn over the top of it. You will then need to right click the line and move it (or if you have left drag enabled just put the mouse over the line, hold the left mouse key down and drag the line).

2: You must finish using the tool first, i.e. right mouse click, left click the tool icon or hit escape, then you can access the toolbar again.

3: At the moment OD points and OCPN waypoints are quite separate and it is not possible to use them. If this is a required feature then can you put up a request on tracker? It is not going to be simple due to the need to separate OD from OCPN (dave's request).

We should be on the bay sometime in August, so could see you then.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by redog View Post
Hi Jon
Just trying Draw 1.4 on the home computer before heading out on the bay tonight for a running test.

1: I noticed I only get 1 PIL line on the starboard side and 1 centre line. (screen shot attached)

2: Also when I open draw toolbar and,
make a selection,
use this tool,
then I try to select a different tool I cannot.

I first must close the tool bar,
then reopen to select new tool.
Maybe this is related to Dave's post relating to Ubuntu. http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2365782

3: Request, I can only use "use nearby WP feature" when drawing a boundary if the WP was created in draw.
This would be a nice addition if WP's created in O could also use this function.

Ubuntu 16.04 and Open 4.6.1 Draw 1.4.

Hope to catch up on the bay some day.
Redog
Old 09-06-2017, 15:06   #96

Hi Rick,
Glad it is working for you. The issues that Gilletarom mentioned have been fixed but I have not yet updated the git or executables.

The issue with adding more options for 2nd, 3rd,.... Index lines is how to present it to the user in the OD properties panel. It could be possible to add an offset for each additional line if it is to be drawn over the top of an existing line, but....

The option to reattach the PIL is there as it is for the EBL, just right click and select "Centre on moving boat".

Jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Jon, I've been using EBL and PIL in the new version. (not updated since Gille wrote).

I like all the choices in EBL properties when attached to the boat. Very nice. Have tried most of them, but need a moving boat. I think show path direction arrow will work when I have the boat moving?

Always show EBL is good. I want to try rotate with boat by heading or cog. Show perp line is good, works great.

EBL is quite easy to use and flexible as is PIL.

I have also been messing with PIL and properties etc. Would it make sense to have the first PIL Index line be to PORT and the second one to Starboard and color them automatically? Or does that preset the use too much?

I would like to have a choice to reattach to the moving boat if you can do it.

I'll download the update in the next day. Thanks for the improvements!
Old 10-06-2017, 08:47   #97

Boat: 10.50 mètres

JonGough,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Hi Rick,
Glad it is working for you. The issues that Gilletarom mentioned have been fixed but I have not yet updated the git or executables.
Jon
Bravo for these corrections.

That said, I come back to how to use this new tool, ie the PIL.

If I do not have a radar, but I have a GPS, we saw that the PIL could be used.

For example, I create a corridor consisting of two straight lines of the same index of parallel lines, index separated from the boat.
Let us assume as long as the boat stays in the corridor, everything is fine, otherwise you have to maneuver.

What would be nice is that an alarm is triggered if the boat leaves this corridor.

I watched in WatchDog (V1.9054). There is nothing that exploits the PIL. Yet, with my previous explanations, this should work with an area alarm where the area would be defined by the two corridor lines.

Did I succeed in making myself understood?

Best regards. Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 16:01   #98

At the moment I have been working on getting the base functionality working. I have not been looking at the interaction with watchdog.
I will think about how to make it work. There is an issue with alarms as if the PIL moves off the screen the lines will go as well.
Do you have any ideas about this? The PIL was designed to be associated with the boat and not detached. Now it detaches it does offer other possibilities, but they may need to be explored in beta 1.5 rather than release 1.4.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:56   #99

Hi,
I have put up three install files in git with the fixes for Gilletarom. This is OD 1.4.1.

Jon
Old 12-06-2017, 05:39   #100

Jongough,
Quote:
Hi,
I have put up three install files in git with the fixes for Gilletarom. This is OD 1.4.1.

Jon
Thank you.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:36   #101

Jongough,
Quote:
Jongough,
Thank you.
I work today with 1.4.1. I see that you have included the french file language with the two updated item that I change just this week-end. Thank you.

This day :
1° I upadted some other items in the french file language,

2° I see that there is a window completely in english (properties of a parallell line index). See first screen copy.

3° I see the title of the window for PIL properties. It in french : PIL Ligne de commande". See second screen shot. But, when I search it in the crowdin, because I want to change it, I do not see it ????

Best regards.

Gilletarom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-06-12-Index_line_properties.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	149803   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-06-12-Index_properties.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	149804  

Old 13-06-2017, 00:39   #102

Hi Gilletarom,
I have updated the POT file and uploaded it to Crowdin. I have also created OD 1.4.2 for this change. Do you need a windows exe?

Jon
Old 13-06-2017, 06:38   #103

Jongough,
Quote:
Hi Gilletarom,
I have updated the POT file and uploaded it to Crowdin. I have also created OD 1.4.2 for this change. Do you need a windows exe?
Jon
Translation done. 1.4.2 : If you have some time. So I can managed to add screen copy updated in my web site.

B.R. Gilletarom.
Old 13-06-2017, 08:57   #104

Compiled and updated Ocpn Beta Win File Thingie rguser rgpass

Found in Win 4.2 folder and named ocpn_draw_pi-1.4.2-win32.exe
Now I am going to see how it works.

Quote:
C:\Users\...\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi>git pull
Updating 3c7df31..9b54735
Fast-forward
Old 13-06-2017, 09:10   #105

This is great, for PIL there are right click choices for Center on mving boat and Center on Boat Lt/long.

I noticed that sometimes the PIL Control Menu tht popped up did not have these choices, even if the Start point has been moved from the boat. I could not figure out why, but eventually it started working better. I don't know if this is just an anomoly or something that always happens. Is there a reason to put these selections under Properties? (once we're sure it is working well of course).

I tried EBL and it works similarly with choices. for Center on Moving boat and on boat Long.lat but I didn't see the same problem with EBL.

Hope that helps.