Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-01-2016, 09:19   #976

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Hello Jongough,

Here new french file language because new english file language in Git.
Attached Files
File Type: doc opencpn-ocpn-draw_2016-01-24_E.zip.doc (14.1 KB, 32 views)
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 11:45   #977

Boat: Richter 42

NAV,
The 'Centre' strings only show when you have moved the start point of an EBL away from the boat. So pick a new start point then the right click will show the two 'Centre' lines.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAV View Post
I agree with Gilletarom that the word 'Centre ...' is not well choosen. In Dutch I refrased it.

I just noticed a strange thing: I've seen these two 'Centre ...' strings in the pop-up menu for EBL (and translated these in the language file), but now these strings are disappeared from the menu and I only see 'Pick a new startpoint'.
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 13:02   #978

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Quote:
I see now what happens: these strings are only visible in the menu when the start point of the EBL is not on the own ship.
Perhaps at some future update the right click selection of an EBL gets changed to "Move start point to own ship position (lat/long)"
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 13:11   #979

Hello Jongough,

For information :
I just understand why the item "General" in your language file was not correctly translated in French. And I think it can be the same for other languages.
In your language file, the item "General" was translated into French by "Général"
But the item that appears in French is "Options de l'utilisateur". While searching, I found this item appears in the French language file of the heart of O. As this language file is loaded last, it is the translation that appears in this file appear in all screens that use the item "General" and in particular that the OCPN Draw preferences.

As for me, it does not matter.

If you think it has some importance, you must customize your word "General". For example, adding one or two spaces at the end.
Old 24-01-2016, 13:16   #980

NAV,
This is fixed with patch 630.

Jon

Quote:
Jon,

I did some tests and as far I can see, the cause of this behaviour is simpler than I initially thought:

It happens whenever you have those points defined, deactivate the plugin and activate it again. After the activation these points are disappeared.
Old 24-01-2016, 13:35   #981

Gilletarom,
0 is 0%, 10 is 10%, which is your first way. I thought this was the easiest way to describe how close to the edge of the screen you had to get to cause panning to occur when using the OD tool. When I introduced the floating Toolbar I found that I needed to adjust the position of when panning started to allow the user to get to the toolbar without panning. You can see the effect if you set both sliders to the same and big, i.e. 5 or greater. You can then find it difficult to get to the toolbar, if it is a the edge of the screen, without causing panning.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello Jongough,

There are two items which are used to modify the slip area of the map as one approaches the edge of the map area with the mouse.

For these two components it is stated in the "opencpn.org" website, it is percentages. Or a percentage goes from 0 to 100. On the settings sliders we go from 0-10.

Here are two ways to understand:
- 0 corresponds to 0% and 10 corresponds to 10%
- 0 corresponds to 0% and 10 to 100%

Although I made up my mind, I prefer to ask: Which is right?
Old 24-01-2016, 13:42   #982

Chris,
I don't HAVE to use an OD specific location for the UserIcons, but that is how it came out when I first did it. No one, as far as I know, has been using the facility so I have had no feedback on this. So there are three possibilities:
  1. Use an OD specific location as it is now
  2. Use the OCPN location
  3. Use the OCPN location AND the OD location
The only thing is, if we go for 3. then should the user be able to pick which location, OD, OCPN, Both?

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlechay View Post
Jon,

Ok thanks. It is a pity that it's necessary to maintain two locations for UserIcons. Is there any chance that the plugin could use the main UserIcons directory in the future?

Chris

SY Morgane
Tweed's World | A high latitude sailor preparing for tropical cruising
Old 24-01-2016, 13:51   #983

RogerS, NAV,
The current DR could be changed quite easily to allow the starting of the DR at any location. Most of the changes would be in the dialog that the user completes to create the DR line. If we could come up with a set of features that would be of real use I could then incorporate this. I think the best way may be to create a flyspray feature request to change the way that DR works. The reason for this is this thread is getting a bit long and I may loose track of what is wanted. The flyspray can have a discussion on the features so that they are maintained in one location.

Jon

Quote:
I must admit that I missed the future part ... M
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerD View Post

According to Bowditch (American Practical Navigator)
Maritime Safety Information

Chapter 7 Dead Reckogning .....
Old 24-01-2016, 14:12   #984

hello jongough,

I update the french file language. So, here a new file which supersedes the previous one.
Attached Files
File Type: doc opencpn-ocpn-draw_2016-01-24_F.zip.doc (14.1 KB, 33 views)
Old 24-01-2016, 14:31   #985

Gilletarom,
Fixed in patch 630.

Jon

Quote:
Hello Jongough,

A little bug.

I create a EBL line. Then I change the first point. You can see that in this case, the icon of this new first point is not the icon that I choice in my general preferences for this kind of point.

See screen-copy. Gilletarom.
Old 24-01-2016, 14:40   #986

Gilletarom,
So are you asking for a 'Link' are the same as a waypoint?

Jon

Quote:
Yes, but if we want to put a web link as possible on normal OpenCPN marks, will not be usable. May be elsewhere, not in the projected Jongough ???
Old 24-01-2016, 14:49   #987

Gilletarom,
In OCPN Options the 'Display' panel has a 'General' tab. The translation of this 'General' should be the same as the OD 'General' tab. How is the OCPN tab translated?

Jon

Quote:
Hello Jongough,

For information :
I just understand why the item "General" in your language file was not correctly translated in French. And I think it can be the same for other languages.
In your language file, the item "General" was translated into French by "Général"
But the item that appears in French is "Options de l'utilisateur". While searching, I found this item appears in the French language file of the heart of O. As this language file is loaded last, it is the translation that appears in this file appear in all screens that use the item "General" and in particular that the OCPN Draw preferences.

As for me, it does not matter.

If you think it has some importance, you must customize your word "General". For example, adding one or two spaces at the end.
Old 24-01-2016, 14:59   #988

Hi,
Patch 630 contains a change to the wording of the EBL popup menu. It now says 'Move start point to boat lat/lon'.

Jon

Quote:
Hello RGleason,

What I ask, no need change in code. Juste need to change file language.

Best regards. Gilletarom.
Old 24-01-2016, 15:06   #989

hello Jongough,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Chris,
I got it wrong, the user icons for OD have to be in the OD plugin data directory in a directory called 'UserIcons' which should be in the same directory as 'data' which contains the png & svg files that OD uses
Jon
I try to use personal icons. I followed the instructions given previously to place a UserIcons folder. That works well.

Personally, I really like to be able to put them in a different location than personal icons for Heart O. With this, I can have two different stocks, and I could never mix using.

I spotted two problems:
- The one I already mentioned when I move the beginning of a EBL. In this case, the start icon is not the one I have chosen in the General Preferences OCPN Draw.

- When I choose a custom icon for all "Text point" in General preferences, OCPN draw continues to use the one provided with the plugin automatically, ie the small circle with a dot in the middle. In other words, the plugin does not record the change.

B.R. Gilletarom.
Old 24-01-2016, 15:21   #990

Gilletarom,
Fixed in patch 630.

Jon

Quote:
hello Jongough,

- When I choose a custom icon for all "Text point" in General preferences, OCPN draw continues to use the one provided with the plugin automatically, ie the small circle with a dot in the middle. In other words, the plugin does not record the change.

B.R. Gilletarom.