Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2016, 08:53   #871
NAV

Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Jongough,
1° As you see, here I create two DR. And the two DR are activate. But, impossible to change the DR which is used in the right.
I don't observe this either, and can change the initial settings of both predicted tracks.
NAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 09:00   #872
NAV

Quote:
Jongough,
2° I unactivate the two DR. Normally, with a route, if we unactivate the route, then the window on the right is closed.
Gilletarom,
I would say that the window with the navigational data of the route is only meant to check your navigation on a route, and not for any track predictions. On a predicted track there is no need at all to calculate the data that is shown in that window.
Old 20-01-2016, 09:00   #873

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAV View Post
I don't observe this either, and can change the initial settings of both predicted tracks.
Problem : We have not the same O411317 version. Maybe this is it due to that. Can be compiling Jean Pierre did not she be ... ???
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 09:10   #874

NAV and Jongough,

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAV View Post
Gilletarom,
I would say that the window with the navigational data of the route is only meant to check your navigation on a route, and not for any track predictions. On a predicted track there is no need at all to calculate the data that is shown in that window.
Ok, let's say this window is useless. So why does it open? and why it displays informations?

Jongouh, can tell you more?

Thank by advance. Gilletarom.
Old 20-01-2016, 09:18   #875
NAV

Quote:
Ok, let's say this window is useless. So why does it open? and why it displays informations?
On my system this window only opens when activating a route, not when working with the Draw plugin.
Old 20-01-2016, 09:22   #876
NAV

Quote:
Problem : We have not the same O411317 version.
I use Build 2016-01-17.
Old 20-01-2016, 10:29   #877

Hello Jongough,

I criticize a lot and I sometimes find bugs, unless it was me who did not always understand everything.

That said, here's a test that convinced me that the EBL tool is a great tool. I used one of my old recording made with VDR, and having initially placed the ship near the point of real DEMART of my browsing, I traced an EBL to end point fixed to the port of destination. (From Den Helder to Texel, the Netherlands.)

It's good practice to assess, at a glance, looking at the actual track followed, if we go in the "right direction."

I tried with EBL fixed direction. It's funny. With a sailboat, it must be used to see if a boat comes out of its shipping sector if we sail upwind.

I changed the color of the line, played with the line thickness, line type changed. All is ok about this. (Exept the starting point for change, the operation leaves me perplexed. But by tomorrow morning I should have understood all alone, after a good night's sleep!)

I note that there are some items that appear in some windows and which are not in Crowdin. Strange. This means that the language file on the Crowdin is not updated. Just solve it. It does not matter.
Old 20-01-2016, 11:59   #878

Boat: Richter 42

Gilletarom,
The first screen shot is showing the boundary point rollover, the second the boundary rollover. Both are valid. Normally you don't see the boundary point rollover as the boundary is found first, but sometimes, with the mouse in the correct (incorrect?) position this will occur.

Jon

Quote:
Hello Jongough,

I use a special version O411317 that Jean Pierre make for me with the version of Grib plugin. In this version I install the last version that I download fom thingie of your plugin O Draw. It run Ok.

2 See screen copy.

I create a boundary with 3 points. Then I place my mouse on one of these 3 points. Some time I have the first rollover, sometime the second.

??

Gilletarom
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 12:05   #879

Gilletarom,
You need to check the 'Confirm Object Delete' check box is checked. This should then show the confirmation message before deleting. If you have this checked and it does not display the confirmation message can you let me know the patch number you are running, it is in the 'About' (A propos de) tab.

Thanks
Jon
Quote:
Jongough,

I place my mouse on the line of the boundary, and then, If right clic, then if i try to delete the boundary, it is delete immedialtely without ask me if I want really to delete this object. However, the available command is "Delete ..."

Is it normal ? I searched in preferences the check box that would require the plugin to ask me this question but it disappeared ... ???

Same problem with a boundary point but, in this case, the command is "Delete".

B.R. Gilletarom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OD general tab.png
Views:	138
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	117158  
Old 20-01-2016, 12:10   #880

Gilletarom,
This is the correct behaviour as you are moving the start of the line. Perhaps the start point should move with the mouse pointer rather than leaving the current line drawn until the new start point is picked. I am not really sure which is the best way to show moving the EBL, I found this method quite OK, but then I would I suppose. I wonder what others think?

Jon

Quote:
Hello Jongough,

I create an EBL line. Then I place my mouse on the line and right clic, so context menu and I use "Pick a new start point". Then a second leg of the line is created, then right clic. So this end the creation. But the first leg desappear.

Sorry to bother you, but I do not know if this is normal. So ????

B.R. Gilletarom.
Old 20-01-2016, 12:15   #881

Gilletarom,
I have just created two DR lines and can move DR points in both lines when they are active and not active. The DR line does not cause any other window to show on the screen. You seem to have an active route, hence the floating window on the right. Can you please remove/delete all routes and all OD objects, then draw two DR lines and try changing them and let me know if they don't work correctly.

Thanks
Jon

Quote:
Jongough,

1° As you see, here I create two DR. And the two DR are activate. But, impossible to change the DR which is used in the right.

It seem to me that this is a problem.

2° I unactivate the two DR. Normally, with a route, if we unactivate the route, then the window on the right is closed.

Is it your choice ???? If yes, why ? if no, bug ?

B.R. Gilletarom
Old 20-01-2016, 12:31   #882

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Gilletarom,
You need to check the 'Confirm Object Delete' check box is checked. This should then show the confirmation message before deleting. If you have this checked and it does not display the confirmation message can you let me know the patch number you are running, it is in the 'About' (A propos de) tab
Jon
Regarding the check box "Confirm Object Delete", I come to understand what is happening.
The window, the preferences of the plugin, do not open properly! One that opens itself as the first image. That is, it still hides the first tab.
We must think about doing one more show tab to the left, for the second images. And today, I did not think to see to the left.

For me it's a little bug. the window should open displaying always the first tab. In previous releases, this bug did not occur.

Major 0
Minor 2
Patch 0100
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-20-Options _That_I_see.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	117159   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-20-Options _That_I_not_see.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	117160  

Old 20-01-2016, 12:31   #883

Gilletarom,
Not a problem, at least you are trying out the plugin and finding things that are wrong in the plugin, not explained enough in the documentation, or are just confusing. To me, of course, it all makes sense, but to others, particularly if they are new to the plugin, it may not make any sense at all. I think the documentation explains most things, but again I would as I am not looking at it through new eyes. Comments have already been made that the documentation is too big and yet I think there is a need for more to help, but......

For a simple 'drawing plugin' this plugin does seem to be getting quite complicated and, particularly with the interactions with the Watchdog plugin, can be confusing. The main thing to remember about this plugin is that all it does is draw objects on the chart and this is done on top of the normal OCPN. OCPN is not aware of ANY of the objects that OD provides. This plugin cannot interact with any of the OCPN popups or menus and has to provide its own without, hopefully, interfering with the normal OCPN ones. This is the reason for some of the 'strange' right mouse clicks and the floating toolbar.

Regards
Jon

Quote:
Hello Jongough,

I criticize a lot and I sometimes find bugs, unless it was me who did not always understand everything.

That said, here's a test that convinced me that the EBL tool is a great tool. I used one of my old recording made with VDR, and having initially placed the ship near the point of real DEMART of my browsing, I traced an EBL to end point fixed to the port of destination. (From Den Helder to Texel, the Netherlands.)

It's good practice to assess, at a glance, looking at the actual track followed, if we go in the "right direction."

I tried with EBL fixed direction. It's funny. With a sailboat, it must be used to see if a boat comes out of its shipping sector if we sail upwind.

I changed the color of the line, played with the line thickness, line type changed. All is ok about this. (Exept the starting point for change, the operation leaves me perplexed. But by tomorrow morning I should have understood all alone, after a good night's sleep!)

I note that there are some items that appear in some windows and which are not in Crowdin. Strange. This means that the language file on the Crowdin is not updated. Just solve it. It does not matter.
Old 20-01-2016, 12:35   #884

Gilletarom,
I am currently fighting windows. I have hidden the 'Path' tab but windows insists on displaying it, AND, making it the selected tab. On Linux the tab is not shown and the window displays the 'General' tab as the selected tab. Still working on this!

Jon

Quote:
Regarding the check box "Confirm Object Delete", I come to understand what is happening.
The window, the preferences of the plugin, do not open properly! One that opens itself as the first image. That is, it still hides the first tab.
We must think about doing one more show tab to the left, for the second images. And today, I did not think to see to the left.

For me it's a little bug. the window should open displaying always the first tab. In previous releases, this bug did not occur.

Major 0
Minor 2
Patch 0100
Old 20-01-2016, 12:38   #885

Gilletarom,
In the git repository I think the POT file is up to date and would allow translations of all the items that OD displays. However, I do not have access to put this file up on Crowdin, so Dave or Pavel needs to do this. Also, I think the rate of change of this file may have been too fast for some, so it may take a little while for the translations to catch up. If someone has completed, or testable translations please submit a pull request and I will incorporate it into the repository as soon as I see it.

Jon