Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-12-2015, 10:14   #646

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Jon,
Would you let me know when I should git fetch? There's a lot happening on your side. Thanks.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2015, 11:56   #647

Boat: Richter 42

Hi,
I know there is an issue with not being able to 'turn off' or regulate the AIS alarms at the moment. I am working on that now. The first pass was to ensure that the alarms did actually work, now it is a matter of refining it.

Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2015, 12:13   #648

Boat: Drascombe Coaster (22ft) "Seanymph"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Roel,
Also what was the result of your question about shutting down and having the alarm turn off? Was that fixed?
Rick, I can confirm that you indeed fixed it! I deleted that note (about the error) in the WD documentation.
The only alarm I cannot get to work yet is Speed-alarm...
Roel
Roel Smidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2015, 16:38   #649

All good. Roel, I think jon fixed it and he's going to improve the ais alarms now.
Old 31-12-2015, 20:44   #650

Rick,
I have submitted a change to the Watchdog PlugIn to handle the AIS stream better and allow the alarm to be turned off and on. There is a co-requisite patch, 595, in OD. There is also a small patch for the AIS_Decode routine to provide Ship Names without the trailing '@' signs.

Hopefully now the Guard Zone stuff will start to make sense. You do have to be careful with how short you make the auto reset time as if it is shorter than the AIS message rate from a particular vessel then it will switch between being inside the zone and outside (this is due to relying on continuous feeds of AIS information. There is no caching of AIS data within Watchdog).

Jon
Old 01-01-2016, 03:50   #651

Boat: Drascombe Coaster (22ft) "Seanymph"

Hi Jon,

First of all Happy 2016!

As for the latest chages in WD and OD: with these new versions I cannot get the Boundary alarms (Boundary-Distance & Boundary-Guard Zone) to get triggered anymore.

Boundary-Anchor Alarm still works though.

Roel
Roel Smidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:28   #652

Jon has been busy, Sorry Roel, I still don't t know if the PR has made it into this version of Ocpn. Am testing now, will advise.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2002945
Old 01-01-2016, 11:03   #653

Jon, the AIS Boundary Alarms are working and Indicating Properies Name & Descr.
which makes the alarm more useful! What I did find was that the AIS Alert Guid could not be picked up from Watchdog, so I simply Right clicked on the boundaries and pick Copy GUID to clipboard, then pasted the Guid into the AIS Alarm Guid in Watchdog. Which works pretty well. That is probably dependent on a Merge of your PR by bdbcat at some point.

There were a couple of things I noticed that would help.
WD Ability to resize the menu windows
WD Ability to move the alarms out of the way somewhere and have the rest of them come up in that location.
WD Ability to terminate the repeat alarm with a button in the popup.

When I shut down O I left a bunch of Alarms up and O objected, but it shutdown eventually.

See shots.
I turned on Attenuate less critical AIS Targets - see the smaller less critical AIS target at the bottom left. Small but big improvement for crowded situations by Dirk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AIS-Boundary-works.png
Views:	159
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	116003   Click image for larger version

Name:	AIS-Boundary-works-1.png
Views:	178
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	116004  

Old 01-01-2016, 11:56   #654

Roel,
Happy 2016 .

I have now put up a change to fix this. I was so fixated on AIS alarms and getting them to work I missed the issue with non-AIS boundary alarms. Thanks for finding it.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roel Smidt View Post
Hi Jon,

First of all Happy 2016!

As for the latest chages in WD and OD: with these new versions I cannot get the Boundary alarms (Boundary-Distance & Boundary-Guard Zone) to get triggered anymore.

Boundary-Anchor Alarm still works though.

Roel
Old 01-01-2016, 14:05   #655

Rick,
There is no 'Get GUID' for the AIS alarm as you would have to be inside the boundary 'Guard Zone' for that to work. That was part of the reason for adding the 'Copy GUID' to the right click menu. I am trying to make the plugins as simple to use and maintain as possible. If I start adding popup lists of selections it all gets complicated. If there is a real need then I will do it, but rather like the whole of OD I would like to get this working well enough that it can be used then see what the feedback is.

Without building a new message dialog for messages I cannot get the message box out of the way to a user selected position. This brings up another possible issue, the z-order of the messages, some may not get displayed or may be overwritten before they can be acted on. The only way to get the messages to disappear is to use the enter key as the mouse cannot get to the message box OK button.

I have made the other windows in watchdog resize to show the information better, I hope.

Jon
Old 01-01-2016, 17:23   #656

Quote:
no 'Get GUID' for the AIS alarm as you would have to be inside the boundary 'Guard Zone' for that to work
Yes of course. I did not have WD in front of me at the time and I misspoke.
The right click copy and paste works well for me. I know which boundary is being used for sure. Sorry I thought you were working on something else.. Is everything working now on your end that you want to work?

Re messages, it seemed like I could move them out of the way before and they popped up at that location. Don't know what is different now, perhaps I was getting more messages...? Anyway, we need to play with it more.

Quote:
possible issue, the z-order of the messages, some may not get displayed or may be overwritten before they can be acted on. The only way to get the messages to disappear is to use the enter key as the mouse cannot get to the message box OK button.
I have
Sound checked picked different alarms for each AIS boundary.
Message Box checked
Repeat alarm after 100 secs. checked
Automatically reset checked (Does this apply to resetting of Alarm Messages?)
So they do not stack up...?

I have made the other windows in watchdog resize to show the information better, I hope.
--Thanks.
Old 01-01-2016, 17:42   #657

Compiled WD and found it did not resize. It is probably working in Linux.
I think in Windows certain parameters might need adjustment with wx Form Builder?
I did this once for Jesper.
Old 02-01-2016, 00:07   #658

Rick,
Just put up another patch to WD which 'may' allow you to resize the dialogs under windows. I cannot get them to auto size under windows, but works under linux.

Jon
Old 02-01-2016, 04:28   #659

WD resize display window. Glad it works under linux. Does not seem to be free for resize under Windows. - Not a problem Jon. We can live with it. Thanks for trying.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:35   #660

Jon,
Would it be hard to make a 360 degree guard zone which moves with the boat, with a user adjustable distance , similar to Anchor?

This is simpler than the guard zones they wanted but it would get 80% of the job done.