Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2015, 17:26   #421

Boat: Richter 42
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Rick,
Patch 565 should fix the issue, can you give it a go and let me know what happens.

Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 18:10   #422

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Jon, It was you who figured it out. Thanks. I will give it a try. You've been on ocpn_draw from all the git action.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 18:47   #423

Patch 566 fixes the issue with the toolbar being on top of all other windows.

I think the icons not showing is an installation issue where the plugin is being installed into the incorrect, user specified, directory. The directory that needs to be given is the OCPN root directory not the plugin directory.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
Jon,

testing with your latest version under Win8.1
- installer: selecting a path for a parallel install like ..\plugins will result in ...\plugins\OpenCPN where one has to delete the latter manually.

- no icons in toolbar (mouse tip shows ok) (OpenGL On and Off)

- Toolbar will stay always on top (even with other programs)

- Inclusion and exclusion points are ok here (OpenGL On & Off)

Getting better and better...

Hubert
Old 23-11-2015, 18:54   #424

Rick,
I have tried all combinations that I can think of and do not seem to get either of these issues. Can you restart OCPN and note carefully what you do to get this situation?

Thanks
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Jon also please note the following:
1. All the DR lines now blink and flash on and off, do not know what causes this.
2. Boundaries do not show a solid line (both Opengl on and Opengl off).

Old 23-11-2015, 18:56   #425

Jon, that fixed the clockwise/counterclockwise entry of Boundary for Inclusion. The holes appear perfectly now. Thank you!

I am attaching a little anomaly of the Draw Toolbar. Don't know if you see it on your machine. The Toolbar stays on top of everything. In fact it is live on top of the Forum page right now.... Also there are items that appear blue shaded.... is that intentional?

Thanks. again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Draw-Toolbar.png
Views:	89
Size:	260.3 KB
ID:	113667  
Old 23-11-2015, 19:37   #426

Rick,
I updated the way the icons are displayed and the colours used. So the OD Toolbar has a blue background to the tools. The only thing I can see with the example you have given is the 'see through' of the image behind on the board for the toolbar. The toolbar uses a standard dialog box and it is in control of the transparency of the surround. If there are other blue bits showing up outside of the icons and the dialog box frame etc, can you get a screen dump and highlight the offending bit?

The toolbar should now not be on top of other windows. This is in patch 566.

Jon
Old 24-11-2015, 09:03   #427

master 9872182 Merge pull request #120 from jongough/fixes
ocpn_draw_pi-0.4.566

I have determined that in general, if an object is selected by opening its properties, the object will blink.
However this blinking occurs at other unintended times, such as when zooming in and out (also when you pause at some scales the black square is no longer shown), this happens, even if the object is not selected, even when you right or left click in the sea.
However you can stop this inadvertent blinking of the black square by right clicking on another draw object and selecting properties and then closing. Then zoom in and out an the black square is no longer intermittent and blinking. The black square boundary is caught in some edit mode still, until you pick another object.
There are 3 states: Object selected, Object not selected, Another object selected
(Not 2 states: Object selected, Another object selected)

One other point of confusion. The Boundary Outline did not show until I did the following:
1. Cleared the OpenGL cache and turned off Opengl.
2. Checked the active box. -The boundary black box outline then showed, (although it had been appearing by blinking - only when I had its Properties Menu open.) Now I could zoom in and out and the black box stayed constant.
3. Then turned on OpenGL and the black box outline also showed.

Questions
Is there some problem with the OpenGL texture caching?
Is the "Active" checkbox the same thing as "Show" "Don't Show" in Draw Manager?
If not, What is "Active" and what does it do?
If they are the same thing Should it be called "Show"?
If it is not, is it for inclusion of the Guid for Watchdog Alarms?

Sometimes "Active" is checked but greyed out. What does that mean?
Also the last shot shows the Boundary-Inclusion-Green draw object with Active turned off, and it changes to a black color.

Please notice that Boundaries-Inclusive-Red which has Active "on" show its colors, but it does not show its Outline. Nor does the non-active Boundary Inclusion.

I have looked at Boundary Properties and under Preferences > Boundary for a setting to show the Outline that I might have missed, but have not found it, or If I have, found it, it does not seem to be working.

Jon, Please advise exactly how to get boundary outlines turned on, then maybe I can test it more readily. Thanks

===
Please see my various tests. Please read the file names for more description about details.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Boundary-Outline-Gone-Properties-Off-with-OpenGL.png
Views:	137
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	113713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Boundary-Outline-Gone-Properties-off-NoOpenGL.png
Views:	82
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	113714  

Name:	Boundary-Outline-Blinking-Black-Square-OFF-NoOpenGL.png
Views:	106
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	113715   Click image for larger version

Name:	Boundary-Outline-Blinking-Black-Square-ON-NoOpenGL.png
Views:	109
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	113716  

Name:	Boundary-Outline-Type-Neither-Active-Checked.png
Views:	105
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	113717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Boundary-Active-OFF-Green-turns-Black.png
Views:	110
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	113718  

Old 24-11-2015, 09:15   #428

I guess I should ask if Boundary-Inclusive and Boundary-Exclusive should have the ability to have an "Outline"? -Similar to Boundary Points. I think it would improve legibility and understanding of what "Boundary Inclusive" actually means, because the outline would be on the inside of the hatching, emphasizing the containment concept.

This applies ONLY to Boundary - Neither
Quote:
One other point of confusion. The Boundary Outline did not show until I did the following:
1. Cleared the OpenGL cache and turned off Opengl.
2. Checked the active box. -The boundary black box outline then showed, (although it had been appearing by blinking - only when I had its Properties Menu open.) Now I could zoom in and out and the black box stayed constant.
3. Then turned on OpenGL and the black box outline also showed.
Old 24-11-2015, 09:19   #429

One little nigle point about the properties menu for Boundaries which might help others because there are lots of selections...

Fill Color [color shown] Fill Density [Slider with 0-255] ? [Slider with 0-50]

Is "?" above for "Inclusion Width"?
Also the "Fill Density should be a little closer to the slider I think, if possible.
Old 24-11-2015, 09:23   #430

If Active is intended for alarms...
Maybe "Active" could be "Set Alarm" because "Activate Alarm" is something else I think.
However the GUID connection has to be made, so maybe that is not correct wording either. This is worth considering a little to avoid confusion.
Old 24-11-2015, 10:25   #431

Testing Watchdog with Ocpn_Draw.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1970365

Is this the correct process?
Somehow Watchdog does not recognize that the boat moved outside the Inclusive Boundary.
There is a "Test" button and the alarm now rings when Tested.
Old 24-11-2015, 19:53   #432

Jon,
I neglected to say that the Ocpn_Draw object menu is working well. Solves this.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1969805

I notice that the Ocpn Draw menu opens on one click and closes on the next.
Is it possible to have the Path & Point Manager work the same way?

Thanks.
Rick
Old 24-11-2015, 20:32   #433

Rick,
All boundaries should have a line joining the boundary points. The only visual difference between boundaries is that 'Neither' shows just the line, 'Inclusion' shows a hash around the outside of the boundary and 'Exclusion' shows the inside of the boundary filled.

I am not sure how or why you are not seeing the boundary line, it should be visible for both active and non active boundaries, just the colour should be different.

Jon

Quote:
I guess I should ask if Boundary-Inclusive and Boundary-Exclusive should have the ability to have an "Outline"? -Similar to Boundary Points. I think it would improve legibility and understanding of what "Boundary Inclusive" actually means, because the outline would be on the inside of the hatching, emphasizing the containment concept.

This applies ONLY to Boundary - Neither
Old 24-11-2015, 21:08   #434

Rick,
I have been trying to re-create your issue with boundary lines not showing up and the lines flashing but to no avail. I have tried all combinations of left and right hand boundaries, opening and closing properties with OK and Cancel, opening new properties when the panel was already opened, opening the point properties from the path properties panel. In all cases I get what I expect, the path/point that has a properties panel open flashes with Active/Inactive colours.

Can you try deleting/renaming the ODnavobj* files (so that you don't loose your current boundaries etc, and starting from scratch for the plugin. If you could do a clean install (parallel or otherwise) and try again. If you still get the missing boundary lines can you please send me the ODnavob.xml file that is used to generate it and I will see what I can find?

The Active/Inactive state may nor may not be useful, but it was part of the route and waypoint design so I carried this into the plugin. I have not made any use of this facility apart from changing the colours, but the watchdog plugin could make use of this feature. To do so would require some changes to the JSON messages to include the information.

I have updated the Text Point and DR properties dialogs to include the icon to use for these. This is patch 567.

Jon
Old 24-11-2015, 22:34   #435

The missing text has now been fixed.

Quote:
One little nigle point about the properties menu for Boundaries which might help others because there are lots of selections...

Fill Color [color shown] Fill Density [Slider with 0-255] ? [Slider with 0-50]

Is "?" above for "Inclusion Width"?
Also the "Fill Density should be a little closer to the slider I think, if possible.