Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2016, 13:00   #1156

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Ok.Will do.Sorry about that!

Was a drift due to the way boundaries are handled.

www.ladyrover.jimdo.com
Old 07-02-2016, 15:59   #1157

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Hello Jongough,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Hi,
If you are posting about a bug can you please include the patch number you found it in. You can find this in 'Options/Plug Ins/OCPN Draw/Preferences/About'. There are many changes still occurring as I and others find bugs and they are fixed and I want to be sure that the bug has not already been fixed in a later version.Jon
Sorry. But the last tests I've made were made with versions of thingie. But in this case, it is always written "Major 0, Minor 2, Patch 0100 " ...

B.R. Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 19:17   #1158

Boat: Richter 42

Gilletarom,
Here is a screen shot of my 'About' tab in the properties. In this it shows Patch: 648, the one I am working on for international numbers.

Regards
Jon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	French properties about.png
Views:	105
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	118572  
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:41   #1159

Hello Jongough,
Quote:
Gilletarom,
Here is a screen shot of my 'About' tab in the properties. In this it shows Patch: 648, the one I am working on for international numbers.
Jon
I understand well. It is always in this tab as I look.
I never compiled myself.
And the latest versions downloaded from the thingie did not seem too recent, at least in appearance. I emphasize that there have been several successive versions, in a few days in the thingie, and all wore the mention Major 0 Minor 0, 0100 patch.

Probably a bad joke of a computer troll !!! Which can be several times the same compile error on the part of RGleason.
But that's part of the hazards of life! we forgive if you wish.

Can you provide a recent version compiled by yourself.

I will do my tests again. And others if I find new ideas.

Best regards. Gilletarom
Old 08-02-2016, 06:36   #1160

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

I am on the master branch and compiled
ocpn_draw_pi-0.4.645-ov4.2-MPR203-win32
About shows Major 0 Minor 2 Patch 0100
which is in O File Thingie
What branch should be used? Confused.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 20:04   #1161

Rick,
Look for any version.h files you have in your build directory for OD, then delete them all. Now run cmake .. again and you should end up with just one version.h file in the include directory. This should contain four lines:
Code:
#define PLUGIN_VERSION_MAJOR 0
#define PLUGIN_VERSION_MINOR 4
#define PLUGIN_VERSION_PATCH 648
#define PLUGIN_VERSION_DATE "09/01/2016"
With the numbers corresponding to whatever version you are currently working with.

Regards
Jon
Old 08-02-2016, 20:19   #1162

Hi,
I have just put up patch 648 which includes the changes for internationalisation of numbers for all (I hope) properties, dialog boxes and rollovers. I have created a windows install for this version and when I install it and look at the OD About tab it shows patch 648.

The file is on Dropbox here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb76cbb3m2...win32.exe?dl=0
It should work with both OCPN 1329 beta and the released 4.2.

Regards
Jon
Old 08-02-2016, 22:26   #1163

Boat: Najad 34

Jon
Very good! Tested on EBL at XP with "comma" as system decimal delimiter. And now "," is shown default and is the key I have to use when edit a value. As any other app.
Thanks/ Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:56   #1164

Hello Jongough,
Quote:
Hi,
I have just put up patch 648 ...The file is on Dropbox here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb76cbb3m2...win32.exe?dl=0
....Jon
Thank you for this version 648.
The bug in the way of typing the numerical values and the points or commas seems solved.

Unfortunately, I meet a lot of other problems. To be certain of the quality of the installation, I uninstalled everything, I verified that the installation folders and initialization of OpenCPN were removed. Then I cleaned the PC with CCleaner (particularly registries) and of course, I reinstalled everything. I downloaded VDR S63 since opencpn.org for security reasons. In short, apart from 4 Plugin version 4.2, I have installed 3 additional plugins: VDR, S63 and OD.

Here are 3 screenshots. Please see third screenshot

After I opened (myself) the general preferences, and I use "Applicate", the Icon bar of O is destroyed and more, I have placed the boat in nederland and the boat is now in Canada !!!!!

Before I have tryed to run VDR with one EBL line rotating. The line desappear !
Pfuuuuu ... HELP HELP .....

Sorry Jongough. 641 version works much better than the 645. And the 648 is even worse. It is not possible to conduct tests under these conditions.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016-02-09-OpenCPN42_Properties.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	118630   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-02-09-OpenCPN42_EBL_rotating.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	118631  

Name:	2016-02-09-OpenCPN42_Icons_barr_O.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	118632  
Old 09-02-2016, 14:29   #1165

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Does Ocpn-Draw have a POI for Squiddio? Please see

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2040931

Coupdemistral wrote:
Quote:
@rgleason: I don't know but it sounds like something worth looking into on squiddio's part. I will report back when I have more info.
Also Jon, please notice the new API he writes about with Signal K.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 18:31   #1166

Gilletarom,
As far as I can tell there are known bugs in wxWidgets, particularly on windows, regarding the use of wxLocale and wxSetlocale\setlocale. On my test system 1329 of OCPN is throwing multiple assert errors for decimal conversions. You will not see these in non-debug mode, but....

It appears that you should not make a modification to the way that numerics are handled if you have used wxLocale, which OCPN now does. It also uses setlocale which you are not supposed to do. It would appear that the way OCPN handles localisation should be changed (according to wxWidgets) to use the local language setup for everything and use streams for input/output to make the files interchangeable. At the moment the default mode in OCPN is to use the "C" standard, i.e. "."(dot) decimal.

I think what is happening under windows is that the lat/lon is being read with a '.'(dot) decimal into the system which is expecting a ','(comma) and throwing away everything apart from the degrees, hence the sudden movement of the boat. I have seen the toolbar loose icons and it may be the same effect. The issue is that there is only one locale active globally in an application at one time, so changing the locale to work with number correctly can have an impact on other parts of the application which are working asynchronously.

I am still looking into it, but it may be that currently under windows I cannot do full localisation.

Jon
Old 09-02-2016, 22:39   #1167

Hi,
I have made another attempt to get localisation under windows working, this is with patch 650. If this does not work, or it causes other issues I will remove the localisation of numbers and go back to OCPN standard practice, i.e. you will have to use '.'(dot) notation. If this proves to be a non-starter , as in it causes issues trying to use '.'(dot) notation then the issue is bigger and would have to be taken up in the core of OCPN. For this to occur you would need to raise flysprays and promote the changes to OCPN to allow plugins to work correctly.

I have put a windows installable version of 650 up on Dropbox here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lutgsffl9...win32.exe?dl=0

Regards
Jon
Old 09-02-2016, 23:06   #1168

Rick,
OD has a JSON interface that any other OCPN plugin can use, there is no interaction to the outside world except through the OCPN messaging process. If you are asking if OD has a Point of Interest that can be got for Squiddio, no it does not. This has not been asked for yet.

Currently the only interface is to find boundaries and if there is a lat/lon inside one. If there is a need to provide more information then that would be easy to add, I just need the definition of what is wanted. If this was raised as a flyspray it would be helpful.

I have looked at Signal K and it does not, currently, have a way to express OD objects. The closest would be the Notes node, but I am not really sure how to make that work. Each time I have looked at Signal K it seemed to be 'a work in progress' and not really complete enough to make use of. It also does not seem to be extensible, so it is really stuck with routes and waypoints, neither of which OD objects are. It really seems to be just an extension of where NMEA was being concerned with instrument data and not application data. If there is enough interest then I could put out, I think, OD objects in Signal K format, but it would need further investigation.

There is a need in OCPN for a better messaging protocol as at the moment it is synchronous and broadcast. Not much of a problem at the moment, but would be wasteful if the number of plugins goes up and they all start to use the messaging like OD does with Watchdog, Weather routing and AIS Guard zones.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Does Ocpn-Draw have a POI for Squiddio? Please see

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2040931

Coupdemistral wrote:

Also Jon, please notice the new API he writes about with Signal K.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:16   #1169
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Jon...

SignalK is for sure "work in progres" and even more the question how it can/shall be linked to OCPN.
For a general solution - not one specific plug-in that calls directly a SK server - it will require a SK client in order to connect to a SK server, requesting information there ("subscribing" in SK speak) and translating this information into data and objects OCPN or OCPN plug-ins can process.
- for outbound information a SK-server would be in place, doing the complementary job: translating OCPN data and objects into SK data and offering those to clients.

For example an OD object in JSON format. The general question or task is to investigate and implement which objects can be mapped in either direction (import/export). Or not.

The SK "region" object should allow a mapping of OD objects. See below. Does Squiddio use this concept?

Another open issue in the context of SK is Authentification and Data integrity. No big deal when in an isolated environment like one boat.
A source of concernl when connecting to external servers or forming an own cloud of SK servers and clients - various boats for example.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016-02-10 10_57_37-Signal K » Specification.png
Views:	178
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	118694  
bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 02:25   #1170

Quote:
Gilletarom,
As far as I can tell there are known bugs in wxWidgets, particularly on windows, regarding the use of wxLocale and wxSetlocale\setlocale.
I am still looking into it, but it may be that currently under windows I cannot do full localisation.Jon
Please read this :
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2041495
B.R. Gilletarom